JetBlue Airways Corporation Employee Reviews

A Regular Day
Requisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  John F. Kennedy International Airport, NYJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day at work all starts with what department you are in and how the morning day starts. For me being apart of the Tech Ops/ Materials team i come in log in to my account and go through my emails from the night before. I answer any emails that are pertaining to my team and then i get squared away with what is on my task. I believe the hardest part in my day is just getting through the different part numbers i am assigned.
Pros
No supervisor on your back making sure you get your work done.
Cons
Sometimes you get so overwhelmed that you think there are not enough hours in the day.
JetBlue
Airport Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 1, 2019
jetBlue was my favorite place that i have ever worked.The company itself is strong and treats their employees fairly. Their values back up the company and their leadership.they really care and their compensation package is competitive.One of their values is Fun and they appreciated personality and each individual person. Safety and teamwork were very important.
Even though there were many stressful times it was a challenge to help our customers and help them leave happy.
Pros
flight Benefits, 401K, job advancement, the jetBlue culture
Cons
stressful at times, heavy lifting, on feet all day
Would Recommend with Caution
Senior Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 26, 2018
After working for JetBlue for over 16 years, this is what I found.

Management relatively is promoted from within for Crewmembers with the longest time served, rather than ability and expertise. This poor management is ignored and can become a hostile workplace when management does not choose to correct problems.

Otherwise, the people are generally good people who love their jobs. There are great benefits and opportunity for work-life balance.
Pros
Great people doing their best and awesome benefits
Cons
Lack of adequate management.
GROUND OPERATIONS CREW (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 23, 2018
agency with a long-term focus and commitment to working to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities. We are continuously re-designing our programs to ensure that we are offering the most innovative options to help our clients achieve increased independence and stability in their lives while also ensuring they are setting and meeting their personal goals.
Loved Reservations
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2018
Over all JetBlue is an amazing company! The culture and support is clear from day one. You are not a number here.

I went a month without Working from Trading hours and VTO that is offered nearly every day. Working from home is great, till you realize you don't leave the house ever. It is stressful.

Not all calls are easy, you will be yelled at and cursed at, but not always. Work for the good calls and forget the bad, each call is different.

You work on a shift bid, but it is easy to trade hours to make a schedule work for your family needs.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Not Livable wage for Zip code restrictions.
Customer care can be both rewarding yet draining
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 3, 2018
I handle between 50 to 70 customer calls on the days I work. While the health and flight benefits are great. The pay does not give me enough to support my family. The paid time off is earned. They do allow trading for shifts. I have had multiple supervisors, due to acting positions that they have taken. The hardest part of my job is when the customer is not providing information, talking over, or not accepting the provided information, and so you do not get a negativity score on a call you cannot take a more firm position. The breaks are earned time off the phone by a percentage. Some days the breaks are not enough if your feeling ill, have a family issue that arises, or just have several difficult calls in a row.
Pros
flight benefits, work from home
Cons
short breaks, low pay
IT management is confused
AGILE/BDD COACH and TEST AUTOMATION LEAD (Current Employee) –  LongIsland City, New YorkOctober 15, 2018
The manager of web services team does not know what he wants or, how he wants to grow his team. His lack of experience fails him to have a clear roadmap of what he wants for his team's advancement. The worst part being that the office does not have enough seats. The web services team manager has 60:40 ratio when it comes to having dedicated seats for its resources. Many resources are compelled to work remotely becos there is not enough seat within the office.
Know What You Are Signing Up For
Inflight Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Boston Logan International Airport, MANovember 10, 2018
Rewarding job but be sure to do your research prior to applying. Being a flight attendant is not what it is cracked up to be - there is no glamour in it. One of the best and most rewarding jobs I've had, but it can be physically and mentally exhausting at times.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, free flights, benefits
Cons
12+ hour days, being away from family for multiple days every week
Unfair treatment and favoritism
Full-time Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 27, 2018
Leadership was non-existent and poor worker were often rewarded while hard workers were over looked. There is a lot of gossip, favoritism, lack of accountability, and little room for growth because of these things.
Pros
paid time off (once accrued), flight benefits
Cons
healthcare, misconduct, favoritism, lack of leadership
provided customer service to ppl traveling on Jetblue.
customer support (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTDecember 10, 2018
It was a great place to work. I've even heard they have changed some of the things that made me feel stuck in my position. They really do take care of their employees. If you ever have the chance to work there, I'd suggest it.
Pros
free flights, work from home
Cons
have to have a small home office that is free from noise.
Great company with limited career advancement in Orlando
Customer Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2018
JetBlue is a great company with plenty of opportunities but you would need to relocate to New York for the majority of the opportunities once you get into the management level. The company has a great culture and the benefits are great.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Limited career advancement
Good, safe place to work
Station Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2018
Overall the company is good to work for and you get some very nice perks. Locally things are a little different as it is with every station. Working on the ramp is not difficult but the Station Operations Coordinator position gives some good mental challenges.
Pros
free flights, 401K, medical, dental and vision coverage.
Cons
Management is not as good as it has been in the past.
fast pace
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day starts with thousands of passengers looking to check in their bags for their upcoming flights. You have 3 minutes to take their bags and give them seats. you have to answer all questions they might have. In case of canceled flights you have to rebooked them on the next flights. you have to make sure all connecting flights is rebooked and that their bags are routed to their final destinations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people From all over the world
Pros
flying benefits. You get to fly for free or only pay taxes
Cons
passengers yelling and cursing at you
I wouldn’t suggest it ... :/
Inflight Crewmember (Former Employee) –  BostonOctober 21, 2018
Prepare to work 13+ hour long days. You will be relocated and barely ever get to see your family or have holidays off. The management is poor and you have team leads that are suppose to be there supporting and helping you when you need it but many of them fall short of just that or simply don’t care.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Poor management, low pay, long hours
Front line crewmembers can have a flexible schdule
Relief Lead Airport Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2018
There is good and bad in most jobs. The company has great ideals but the airports level is something entirely different. Its worth a shot to try. The main focus locations are big and many flights go in and out of those locations. The positions have become micro positions and there is plenty of micromanagement. The travel industry is very high stress and safety is of the most important, It is necessary to take the job seriously and work wisely. The pay is not good and the hours are horrible. To get the time off that you require you need to trade with your fellow crewmembers. Customers don't really see you as a person and neither does the majority of your supervisors.
Productive fun working place
INFLIGHT CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
I come to work 50 minutes prior, meet my crew do my pre flight checks and get ready to start my trip. The most enjoyable part of my day is customer service making sure all my customers have the best experience.
Pros
Great people great staff get to travel see new places
Cons
Long days cleaning the plane after turns
Good place to learn
Commercial (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Company provides some opportunity for growth within, but not as much as it used to or as much as it claims to. Good people working there, but the commercial people (marketing, especially) are competitive and cut throat - usually to the company's detriment. Benefits worsened over time, pay was average. Met great lifelong friends here and would go back in the future, but was glad to leave to get experience from how other industries do business.
Great place to work.
Acting Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2018
Fast paced. Family oriented. Amazing Scheduling placement and flexibility options. Great travel benefits. Very happy there and intend to retire from the company.
Pros
All types of benefits. You name it. They have it.
Cons
Pay does not support cost of living, and must maintain 60+ work hours weekly just to get by or get a 2nd job.
Flexible hoirs
Airport Operations Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 25, 2018
If you don’t know the airline industry then it might be hard to adjust to. It has flexible hours for the most part but if there are delays you can stay past your scheduled hours. You know what time to come in but you might not always leave on time. Maybe even stay over night. It’s a 24/7 operation depending on the station.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Low pay
Productive and Fun
Airport Operations Lead/Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 9, 2018
Good company seeking the interest of employees. It gives one the opportunity to use the skills that you came to the job with. It allows innovation. It allowed me to use my education to further the mission. It has a great deal of flexibility and it has room for growth.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
lack of insight by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JetBlue Airways Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight