JetBlue Airways Corporation Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for working at home
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 19, 2018
JetBlue is a company that cares about its employees. It is flexible and allows you to work from home. The hardest part of the job is that when there are too many calls coming in you might have to due mandatory overtime which does not always work with your personal life.
Fun work
Ground Opertations (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 17, 2018
Working in jetblue is like you don’t go to work because the treat you like you are part of the family and you feel that you still at home. The culture in jetblue is fantastic, they do have 5 values and one of them is caring passion and FUN, yes, FUN.
Flexible schedule
Sr. Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 11, 2018
Unlimited trading, you can swap your shifts around and work up to 60 hours per week. Super helpful if you have kids or attend school. You do have to go to Florida for training.
Front line crewmembers can have a flexible schdule
Relief Lead Airport Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2018
There is good and bad in most jobs. The company has great ideals but the airports level is something entirely different. Its worth a shot to try. The main focus locations are big and many flights go in and out of those locations. The positions have become micro positions and there is plenty of micromanagement. The travel industry is very high stress and safety is of the most important, It is necessary to take the job seriously and work wisely. The pay is not good and the hours are horrible. To get the time off that you require you need to trade with your fellow crewmembers. Customers don't really see you as a person and neither does the majority of your supervisors.
Good Company
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2018
Good company who seems to really care about their employees welfare. The benefits are good, training is very good. It was nice to be able to work from home.
environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 6, 2018
The best company I ever worked for. I love what the company stands for and their decision making is in hands of people that foresee the future and this is why they are among the leaders in their industry.
Pros
travel
Cons
no lates
Fun to work for
In-flight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to have fun and try something new. I enjoyed flying a lot but the market crashed and i had to find a new job. The travel can be tiring but over all fun.
Not great if you're the family provider
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2018
If you are the sole provider for your family being a phone agent at Jet Blue may not pay enough to allow you to pay for all the necessary things to live. If you and your spouse work it would be great because you have flight benefits.
Good place to learn
Commercial (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Company provides some opportunity for growth within, but not as much as it used to or as much as it claims to. Good people working there, but the commercial people (marketing, especially) are competitive and cut throat - usually to the company's detriment. Benefits worsened over time, pay was average. Met great lifelong friends here and would go back in the future, but was glad to leave to get experience from how other industries do business.
On time performance was essential.
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2018
Given the task of gingerly sending revenue customers luggages to their intended destinations. Often required to lead a team of ground operations crew members tasked with delivering the bags of customers within a timely manner. As well as ensuring the safe arrivals and departures of all aircrafts I came in contact with.
Pros
Flexible scheduling.
Cons
Hard to use accumulated paid time off.
Fun
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYAugust 30, 2018
Great team fast paced. It was a fantastic learning experience I definitely would recommend the job to whom seem interested. I would go back if given the chance
Fantastic Company!
Ground Operations (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 25, 2018
Jetblue was & still is my heart and soul! I was honored to work for such a great company. They gave me an opportunity of a lifetime!! I am currently a former employee - fully retired from the company as of a few months ago. I worked there for nearly 12 years at the hub JFK. You may read diverse reviews about JETBLUE, but as all things being equal, it comes down to your individual work ethic. If your ready, willing, and fully able to put in a good days work, the company will love you back ten times more! Leadership are respectful, considerable, responsible, and caring! Every concern will be addressed & taken seriously. What YOU put forth into the company, will be exactly what you will be given, so expect the very best. Never had any doubts in regards to leadership, and my fellow crewmembers - each were incredibly kind and respectful. I adored my role as Ground Operations, and I am still melancholy for all my fabulous years with Jetblue. Just be aware, crewmembers make it a great company, and leadership supports that in each interaction. So very proud to say (even still) - I AM JETBLUE!!!!💙
Pros
Pto, Uto, VTO. Flying benefits for you & immediate family members.
Cons
Must have phyisical aptitude, work in inclement weather.
Great company they need a better management structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 23, 2018
One of the best benefit packages you will find in the industry. Great co workers
Management needs improvement they are getting away from the culture that made them such a desirable employer high turnover rate and high school like atmosphere so if you don't fit in to what management wants you won't last.
At will employer
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Low pay
A normal workday
Ground Ops (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 20, 2018
working at Jetblue is a good place to work. It's a fast pace environment nice people to work with and the job is fun. you learn a lot there different things you can learn working in the bag room working on the plane loading and unloading it's so much you can learn. The hardest thing for me was learning how to use the pushback that helps push the plain out to the runway.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2018
I love my job at JetBlue, but it requires me to be on my feet a lot and away from home every week. I'd like something closer to home and not quite as physical.
Pros
Free travel
Used to be a great company
AIRPORT OPERATIONS CREWMEMBER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
When I started with JetBlue it was back in 2007 only seven years after starting operations. The company had a great vibe to it and was a really awesome place to work. You could literally feel your impact on the overall operation from day to day. The culture was one that was so unique that you wouldn't even consider leaving. It was one of the best jobs I ever had.

But alas, with all good things it, the times have changed and so has the airline. The airline is still unique and offers a great quality of service for its customers, but the company culture changed. It is more corporate and the once vibing company culture is now just another place to work. The worked hard to get rid of the old school blood in the company to set new precedent and to create a company of efficiency and shareholder dividends over a company of people are the assets.

You get some good stuff working there, but there is not work/life balance. Your going to be paid so low you'll need to work crazy amount of hours to make it and they keep you hooked with the promise of travel with free flight benefits. Except you'll never have time to use them as you need money or if you have time you'll have no money. It might be a fun job as a part time gig for flight benefits, but don't count on it as your bread and butter unless your a flight attendant or pilot.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Pay, Work/Life Balance
jetblue is excellent company
CSR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
jetblue is a good company to work with it during my yrs with they a had a very bad manager until he was fired for taken funds from the company now they have a better manager
Pros
lunches, travel, all airlines
Cons
there is no cons
great flexibility for a part time job with small kids
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
You work your minimum hours per week and can work more if you want on days that other people don't want to. You can give your shifts away when needed also.
Pros
Travel benefits, customer service interactions
Cons
Have to stay while aircraft is on the ground, no matter how long.
Jetblue the brand is a great company, Management on the other hand is very cut throat.
Ground Crew (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 14, 2018
I will recommend anyone to apply at jetBlue Airways. Great company, crewmembers are one of the best, Management is lousy but tolerable.jetBlue Airways brand is a brand you will shout from the mountain top.
Work Life Balance
In-Flight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 7, 2018
Although I very much enjoyed being an inflight crew member with JetBlue, I found it very difficult to balance work, my physical health and my finances. I loved being in the air and it was my absolute pleasure serving our customers and ensuring a safe, fun and professional flight experience. However, most times I found myself on At Home Standby or Airport Standby, which meant not only was I not flying, I was not making money. I will still forever be grateful and proud that out of 4,000 applicants for my specific class, only 37 made the training program, and 31 of us actually completed.
Pros
Meeting amazing people, travel, training and learning skills and information about aviation that will never leave me.
Cons
Very low income, high stress level and anxiety, not actually flying (working) as much as desired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JetBlue Airways Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

46out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JetBlue Airways Corporation.

Powered by Comparably