JetBlue

3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 558 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,228 reviews

JetBlue insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Flexible hoirs

If you don’t know the airline industry then it might be hard to adjust to. It has flexible hours for the most part but if there are delays you can stay past your scheduled hours. You know what time to come in but you might not always leave on time. Maybe even stay over night. It’s a 24/7 operation depending on the station.

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

Low pay

Great benefits but the company doesn’t care about their employees anymore

The benefits are great. The job is very flexible & the pay goes up every year. You won’t get any holidays off. They make the rules up as they go. You can have an 8 hour work day on your schedule and end up working 16 hours. You only get paid on the flight when the door is closed even if you worked 16 hours with delays. They don’t care about your health.

Pros

Great flight benefits

Cons

They don’t care about their employees

Not worth it

Save your time and apply to a different airline, you’ll get paid much better. Pay is low. Management is unhelpful, you’re lucky to get a response half of the time. Management will let you get screamed at and get annoyed if you ask them for help. Your co-workers will talk about you rather then help you. It is so hard to give up a shift unless you beg. I have worked for other airlines, JetBlue is by far the worst airline I have worked for.

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

pay, hard to switch shifts

Innovative company but treats their employees like cattle and not upholding to the workplace values.

Lack of support for corporate leadership, does not uphold the workplace values for their employees. JetBlue is a very innovative company and ahead of the pack when it comes to new perks for customers, but does not seem to treat their employees well and has a high turnover rate because of it. Pay is not representative of all of the hard work their employees put in.

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

Mandatory Shift Extensions, poor values, bad management

It's an ok place to work. I would go back for the free flights only.

I worked for Jetblue for 5 years at two stations EWR and JFK. I'd rank it higher than the other airlines in terms of making a standby flight so you can actually use your flying benefits. Most of my co-workers were great ppl. Supervisors not so much, they ranged from either incompetent to inflexible uncouth rage monsters. Schedules get better with seniority

Pros

Free flights

Cons

Airline pay is terrible Schedule is ok only when you have seniority

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Co-workers are supportive. Great work group but management and crew services don't seem to care about employees.

Loved working here until the pandemic. It changed the treatment of employees by the company. The job is really what you make it. If you can do your best to keep your head low, you'll be fine.

Pros

Travel benefits, meeting new people, and extra time to maybe pick up a side business or go back to school.

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Good benefits

Poor leadership team ..old JetBlue employees who want to apply again and come back are intentionally stopped or rejected by Talent Acquisition group or managers..for at least 2 years or more ..

Pros

Excellent benefits and work life balance

Cons

Ex JetBlue employees are not welcomed to come back or join ..again

Uniform/ interview/ opportunities

I adore the uniform. It’s not a bad job, it didn’t take to long to hear back from them after the interview. I would prefer an in person interview. I enjoyed working with this company. I wish there were more job opportunities to move up through out the company.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Not enough job advancements

Lots of support from Management

Advancement within the company.Supportive with meeting my goals! A great work atmosphere with crew members and leaders.Flexible with my time off when I requested a personal family emergency. I would love to continue my employment but I'm looking for part-time for now.

Pros

Flying benefits

Cons

Always hard to use flying perks out of SLC

Great company

Working from home is great. Flight benefits are awesome. Pay could be better. The people are great and management is supportive. Good training program.

Good luck with success

Extreme favoritism. No great leaders, when you’re new you’re thrown out with little to no help when needed from superiors. Training at JBU was not the training needed to succeed on the job. Also if you’re looking for somewhere you can make a livable wage at, look elsewhere.

Pros

Travel perks

Cons

Pay, hours, environment

Use as a "Stepping Stone" only, not as a "destination airline"

Management constantly tries to "nickel and dime" the pilots. There's a reason that a pilot's union was voted in with one of the highest percentages of "Yes" votes ever. Pay and benefits constantly lag behind other airlines; they like to pretend that they're a large airline, but they pay like a regional. Avoid at all costs, but if you can't avoid, have a solid plan to depart as soon as possible; use as a stepping stone only, there are much better airlines out there. Beware of the "kool aid" company-men crowd that thinks everything is just great; these people have set low standards for themselves and think everyone else should be happy with that low standard too. Avoid these pilots. If you ever get a chance to go on strike, do it, if for no other reason than to shove management hubris down their throats.

Pros

Some of your fellow pilots will not only be great pilots, but will also see through management's BS. That comradery will keep you going until you move on.

Cons

Pay, Benefits, Behind-the-Scenes Anti-Pilot Hostile Management, "Just Happy To Be Here" fellow pilots.

The company values went away

This company is for you if you lack knowledge, people skills, and experience you can easily be promoted into a leadership role here. Beware if you are hardworking and knowledgeable with integrity--you will be looked down upon. Good for a paycheck and experience. If a revolving door of poor management doesn't bother you then apply. Maybe this company will come back around eventually to being a good place to work again. Staying positive this is only temporary.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Revolving door of inexperienced, self-serving leadership

Good Job

Good bosses, nice crew , good flight benefits, enjoy job, can transfer anywhere we have flights. Pay is reasonable. The day goes fast always very busy. Job keeps you in shape lots of walking and picking up bags. Hardest part and best part of job is customers.

Pretty good airline

Been here for seven years, first 2 years like most airlines pay wasn’t the best but you will get annual raises and it gets better. Being on reserve is tough but having a line, life gets easier.

Pros

Flexibility, hourly pay after 3+ years

Cons

Long duty days, reserve life

If you love travel and helping crazy people…..

I really enjoyed working at a larger station. Never a dull moment (working at the gates). I love the challenge of getting a flight out on time, of helping solve customer issues and even calming unhappy customers. It took a couple of years to never let any of the negative customers get under your skin, but I personally enjoyed the high stress, fast paced environment. I’d say the least favorite part of my job was never getting a shift bid with a full weekend off for almost all of my 12 years. Now, when you are new, your life is not your own for at least the first 90-120 days. You cannot trade shifts, or take days off. You will work every weekend day for many years unless you can find someone to trade with. If you become skilled at trading, then you can usually end up with a bearable schedule after some time. If you don’t like to work, you can trade shifts away to other with an online scheduling system which is great. If you want to work a lot more than scheduled, you can do that too by picking up shifts on the “trade board”. I don’t know why anyone would work for the airlines if they don’t love travel and use their benefits. It’s the best benefit. No insurance for PART TIME folks. Pay here is ok, less than some mainline carriers but better than those who outsource. You do not get raises based on merit… only seniority and time…. When I left at 12 years, I was making 25 or 26 an hour. I believe I started at 11 or 12 dollars. Again, the benefit is the travel. If you want to move up, and work hard and are not a jerk to customers you can do it pretty easily.

Pros

Free travel

Cons

Schedule, nasty mean people (customers )

Great co workers

Great co workers, we look out for each other. Nice layovers, sometimes long enough you can explore new destinations, sometimes so short there is only time to sleep and prepare for work. Management could do better

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

No breaks, poor management

Flexible hours awesome travel benefits

I loved the flexibility but dealing with irate customers daily was draining and overwhelming. Decided it wasn’t for me after almost a decade of working there.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Dealing with irate customers everyday every shift

Manager

Lots of work and projects. Leadership is supportive but senior leadership micro manages. Great coworkers and travel benefits. Flexible work has made it better because commute is rough

Jet Blue values their employees and offers long-term benefits

Training was rigorous but enjoyable. Work was intense but, most people begin to appreciate the job and its benefits early on. It can be a challenge early on to juggle a reserve and/or commuter to work schedule, particularly if you have immediate family that doesn’t live in or around the city where you’re assigned to be based—Boston, FLL, ORL, JFK, Long Beach. They may have expanded to a few other major cities since that time.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

It’s not promised you’ll find housing, good roommates and staying in comfortable hotels during layovers

Sometimes good sometimes bad

Your work-life really depends on your management. If you are not fitting into your Manager's idea of a crew member that benefits them, they will find a way to terminate you. As an employee who worked for only 2 years, I didn't have much experience with the company culture. But I did work with others who were long time vested and had over 10+ years. I've seen employees get wrongly accused of things they didn't do where they couldn't defend themselves and eventually lead to termination. The pressures placed on employees to meet aircraft pushback times were very strict. As an operations agent you can be written up for something your management sees as unacceptable and you will have no recourse or help from administration because admin is a friend of management and they will not be unbiased and fair. JB is an unreliable employer to work for because the Long Island head quarters allows each airport to run basically as it's own entity. Making decisions that affect only that specific airport regarding employment. So be wary of what type of management your airport location has. Your job is fully dependent on it. Aside from employee & manager issues, the airline itself is a great company. You get good work schedule flexibility due to trades that are allowed between co-workers. Which is the same for most other airlines. They give a generous benefit package such as medical, dental, 401k. Which is also the same for other airlines. So what this boils down to is, if you're ok working for a company where your job relies so heavily on your dynamic with your boss then JB is a place for -

Pros

Flexible schedule, flight benefits, standard benefit package, overtime hours capability

Cons

Strict operations objectives, work-life is 100% dependent in the location manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JetBlue. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JetBlue.
Powered byComparably