Jetstream Ground Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

This place is a disaster
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2018
Terrible terrible!! place the new manger is terrible .do not work here When I work here they made me a two other guys run back and forth gate to gate ! Almost broke my back . DO not work here !
Pros
Cons
Makes you over work they don’t care about your health
honestly
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2018
management is trash, pay is trash, equipment is trash, everything is trash go apply at McDonalds or burger king, you'll be better off working for them
Pros
get to meet people from different parts of the world
Cons
trash management, equipment, pay everything is pretty much trash
Diverse
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working there and i met a lot of different people from different cultures and they were kind. I liked the fast pace of cleaning the aircraft and learning how to clean properly.
Dirty job
Lav & water tech (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
Stressful day Dump lav & water off planes some time trash was hired to do lav & water trash is for cleaners .need to 2 people per shift but I was doing both for months little help fru supervisor,..........................end of story
Pros
Lav&water
Cons
Trash
Professional Embarrassment
Ground Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJune 20, 2018
The company's turn-over rate is ridiculous. Every week there were new faces, which is not a terrible thing. New ideas and new work values are always welcomed; however, when human lives are held in the hands of immature, improperly trained, hooligans i was always terrified that something was going to happen. Do not apply for Columbus, Ohio.
Pros
Airplanes, spring-board into aviation.
Cons
Management, Turn-over rate, Benefits.
Terrible
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2018
Mangement is worthless. Talking to management is like talking to a wall you just won't get through. Constantly bringing new employees in each month who usually last about a month once they figure out how bad it is to work there. The hardest part of the job is getting use to new people weekly and management asking you to pick up the slack for other people that they got rid of leaving you short staffed.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management, Barely get breaks New Rules Daily
Nice work place
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
Oriented, it's fast pasted and very much hands on. Drama free, is able to pick up hours if need be. Coworkers are team players. You have the chance to grow and have better opportunitys at this job.
Pros
Can pick up hours
Cons
Too unorganized
Good hours and pay
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
overall great job but bad management and it would be a better job if everyone would have a drivers license to get advanced to lead. would work here again if need be
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
management, communication
People who supervise bring drama to the workplace.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 12, 2017
I like the physical adpect of the job...it is a work out. However, the job has other serious issues that if not addressed and modified could put alot of employees on unemployment.
Honestly there is too much drama here. There are people who have nothong better to do but talk about other employees and gloat about their mistakes and mishaps. The training sucks. Its started with a company manuel but then when you ask questions nobody wants to help. The sups say "you should already know this". The hours are crazy. Adjustments to sleep...and a life outside the workplace are a constant struggle. They want you to learn everything quickly but are slow to provide essentials for the job when you ask for them. Overall if i were running the company i wouldn't do it like this. There are too many supervisors that have their own way to do whatever is needed. It should be that they are on the same page. But instead doing things like they do causes stress and conflict on the hourly personell.
Pros
Money...time between flights paid
Cons
Drama ego's scheduling
Nice job experience pay less than par
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 5, 2017
The management was excellent. Everyone tended to work as a team. I loved my experiences while I worked there. I just feel the average person can not live on such little compensation.
great job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 27, 2017
Great place to work. Managers are really laid back and cool. Had a lot of fun. They have little cook outs sometimes and it's a fairly easy job. Very understanding supervisors.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
cold weather
Do not Go
Groomer/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2017
So, I worked extremely hard for this company and was told several times that I go go for other positions, only for them to be "Closed" or "non-existent" When I actually tried to apply.

The Managers sat on their butts while everyone else did the work, and complained about helping when they had to because we were short staffed. Why? Because they treated us all so badly and disrespected everyone that everyone quit and no one wanted to work there.

People try to stay on task and work fast as possible, only to get yelled at to go faster and faster as if they're not slaving hard enough. The Managers refuse to do the work and are forcing back-breaking work upon 50 year old employees who can barely walk as it is.

The most enjoyable part of the job is driving away, because then the managers can hound me down and harass me further about a day's work that didn't meet their standards. We're treated like dogs or as if we, the workers, are slow robots.

We get sick and we have to call out, trying to get better, and every time i did this I was a recipient of smack-talking, disrespect, inappropriate and unprofessional language and down-talking all around. That's not how you get moral up, its how you tear down your team.

The only satisfaction I got from this job, was knowing that they didn't know where I lived and they couldn't follow me home to try and talk down to me on my own doorstep.
Pros
Cons
"Health Benefits" are terrible, no free or discounted airplane tickets available, terrible work environment, egotistical managers who would rather get you fired than help you understand your job.
Got to meet a lot of people
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2017
It is not a job you can grow with they don't appreciate you coming to work every day. It's not a job that I would refer to people.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
The management was horrible they just didn't care about you at all
A typical day at work
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2017
Very fast pace and busy, you constantly on your feet and at a steady pace. I enjoyed the job, my supervisor was a very fair guy and understanding.
Management is Horrible.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2016
This company does not care about you at all. On top of that the manager is not a peoples person and doesn't work well with others. The workers are disrespectful, a lot of cussing in the break room and gossiping, more like high school then work. Also there are no airline benefits when working for Jetstream. I wouldn't work here with the current management and where this company is going. Over all the job is easy as cake. The only down part is working in the elements, cold, wet, hot, windy, just about any weather condition you have to be in.
Pros
Easy Laid Back Work
Cons
Horrible management
Great experience
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2016
Marshalling the aircrafts in and out is something I enjoyed the most As well as pushing the aircrafts out on time to prepare the ramp for another aircraft to come in
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
Weather but you have to take the good with the bad
Fast paced and fun at times
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2016
Use to be union jobs before the airlines outsourced them and cut the pay to nothing.They get what they pay for, but there are good dedicated workers who know their duties. The pay should be higher just because you can pass the security clearance. It took five months to make it to be a lead for a dollar more and it just wasn't worth it to me.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Nickle and dime raises.
Poor management
Aircraft cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for! Literally! This company was very unorganized and literally did not pass their audits. Night shift was very unprofessional. They were always understaffed and the employees actually do steal things from the aircrafts even though its against company policy and regulations. Management did nothing about my several complaints about being harassed and bullied. Employees complain about not making enough money for what they do and they hang around instead of working.