JEVS Human Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and quiet place.
Case Manager Aide/Database Designee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
Working for JEVS Human Services is great. Staff member are very respectful and understanding. I work at my own pace and perform initial intake interviews to determine a Clients type of problem or need.
A large company that is good to work for with advancement throughout the company.
Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2018
JEVS is a union based company with good individual benefits packages. Family-like atmosphere, friendly and competitive at times. They have an very supportive HR Department. Overall comfortable to work in.
jevs job review
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2018
Provide care to individual with mental illness. Assist with light house work cooking, cleaning, and shopping. Administer medication interact with resident’s family and friends, provide transportation to all health care visits.
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2018
It’s a good agency to work if the client is bringing you into the agency. They do their paper work pretty fast and if you have no criminal background you can start quickly
Overall Experience
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed being able to make a difference to other people lives. The pay rate was also fair. What I didn't ike is the constant late checks for over a month, forcing me to quit.
No Comment
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2018
I do not wish to partake in this portion of this career search tool.
Thank you so much for your understanding in this matter.
Signed, a job seeker....
Good but improvement needed
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with and the clients I have. I also have a good management team who supports/encourages me to reach my potential. I do not like the health insurance plan AT ALL. It does not help when you have a minor surgery because you will still have a bill to pay afterward. I also think they need to provide more vacation time. The pay could be higher as well.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Need better health insurance plan
Opportunity to help others
Home Care Liason (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2018
With me being a people person to be in the position to help those that are not able to help themselves is a feeling like no other. It is very rewarding especially if you are doing it from your heart.
Pros
helping others, good pay, good hours
Cons
losing clients, seeing the elderly in pain, not being able to take away there pain
Productive and influential place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2018
There is always something to learn. This is a great place to learn how the medical field works. Also to learn all the different types of disabilities, intellectual disabilities, mental health needs there are, and how to work and care for those dealing with these individuals.
Business without true intentions
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2018
Paid employees work 2-3 days out the week. Welfare to work volunteers works 30-40 hours a week with no pay and treated unfairly. The culture isn't healthy to their mission. it's professional when convenient and stressful for the disabled returning back to work.
Pros
welfare to work
Cons
aniexty attacks
Stressful, disorganized work place
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
Disorganized management. Program manager and department heads quit while I was there, as well as our HR director. Things were falling apart so I took my cue to leave as well. Salaried work but too much for the amount of pay. There are better avenues to pursue.
productive place to work
ACT I Drug & Alcohol Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2018
JEVS is an awesome place to work. The current program I work in is difficult and it is going through many management changes; however JEVS as a company is a great place to work. The pay is comparable to the job
Pros
good loaction, good sense of pride and accomplishment with the work I do
Cons
lacks supervision, no opportunity to advance
So many options to help people
Computer and Customer Service Instructor RCF (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2018
JEVS has a number of populations to serve which makes it easy to avoid burn out. Prison Program Management is dishonest, use your UNION but you have to make the Union work for you, they will not do it on their own.

If you want to learn, help others etc. I'd say it's a great place to be and they want their employees and consumers to win, so that's great.
Pros
Some autonomy, lots of growth options, fun peers, great platforms, often strategic
Cons
Dishonest management, (my experience only, in one department), upper management and HR are more concerned with solidarity than correcting the issue, that will ultimately come back to hurt the company
Great Company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2018
If you like taking care of people then apply for this company. The job is flexible and they work with your schedule. Nice employees, and good management.
A very relaxed and cultured oriented company
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2018
This job is very stressful. The people that work there
are petty over little things. Management don't really do anything as to nip it in the bud, they let people run things until it's too late. I would recommend it to some friend just for the medical beneits but other than that watch your back.
Nice culture for a workplace.
Community Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2018
They were not organized with the initiation of the new program that I worked in. Generally very pleasant management. Not a good fit for me.
I was part-time, but felt like I was required to be on the clock for full-time engagement for e-mail communication. Not my strength.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Not enough client hours..
Wonderful company and job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2017
I worked at JEVS for about 4 years and it really is a wonderful company. Although some individual members of the upper management team were problematic, as a whole, the job was doable. Compared to other human services jobs I have had, the workload was very sustainable. The building was clean and in a state of good repair. You don’t have to file the paperwork in your charts. And the union protects you.
Pros
Uninterrupted lunch break, unionized, cheap health benefits, reasonable work load
Cons
One manager was awful but they are not there anymore
its ok
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2017
it's a nice place to work I'm there to help the client's that's all. Overtime is done by seniority and that's the only problem other than that i like working for Jevs.
Pros
You get to on outings
Cons
overtime
Horrible place
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
Overall the team was awesome and loved the individuals I served. I did not get my supervision hours for my LCADC becaus of the administrator. I did not see any advancement at all.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor Managment
Volunteer
Voulunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2017
Traveling to different offices gave me a chance to see an office environment. You learn the people you should stay close to and the people you should stay away from.
Pros
Traveling to different offices
Cons
No salary