JEVS Human Services Employee Reviews

NIce place to be emplolyed
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2018
I was hired for this position because I have the experience to do this job. The job itself is very easy to do but the opportunity to get advancement within the company has been challenge. I have been with this company since march of this year and I have applied for other jobs within which I am more than qualified for the position but have been overlooked for. There is more women in hired management position then men here.
Pros
more opportunities available for advancement
Cons
sexism come into play
Great Place To Work
Placement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
I found JEVS to be very uplifting from staff to upper management, I have no complaints about working for this organization. Staff and management were fair and understanding and always willing to support and assist.
Pros
Culture & Staff were Great....salary was good as well
Cons
Downtown Philadelphia (Parking)
They had many retreat for their employee throughout the year
CASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
I worked outside of the office. I made my own scheduled and visit clients. I learned resources for the clients and where to send them in order for them to reach their goals. Management was very supportive and provided training for staff. The work culture was pleasant. The hardest part of the job was to discharge clients for non compliance. The retreats where all of the agencies participated
Pros
Retreat
Cons
Not knowing all of the staff due to working out in the field.
Career recognition, and, a new mission.
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2018
I have 42 years experience as a technician and an electrician. My body began to quit. My employer didn't seem to care. So, I retired 18 months early. I truly thought I was done. I did leave my "LinkedIn" web page up, and, Orleans Technical College, a unit of JEVS, contacted me and invited me to teach! I'm 12 weeks into it all now. I do like it very much. JEVS improves neighborhoods by helping their residents improve themselves. It's more than a job, It's a mission.
Pros
A positive force in human society. A logical path for career extension.
Cons
I have a long commute. Philadelphia too expensive for me to rent!
A large company that is good to work for with advancement throughout the company.
Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2018
JEVS is a union based company with good individual benefits packages. Family-like atmosphere, friendly and competitive at times. They have an very supportive HR Department. Overall comfortable to work in.
Re-entry Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2018
I am very impressed with the management team at JEVS. I had the opportunity to be a part of the amazing team. I worked at JEVS for 9 years and was giving opportunities to be promoted within the company. JEVS is a great place to work!
Good Work Enviornemnt
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
Good work environment, but no Job security. No issue with the work space or people.
This company generates rules but does not inform employees until they dnt follow the rule. I feel you should tell someone about new regulations so they can avoid breaking it from the beginning
Pros
Productive space
Cons
No job secruity
Productive and fun workplace
Intern/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
Mondays are usually busy just because there's always intake and other things going on but everyone is respectful, productive and easy to talk to. Nobody is in here looking down on you or anything of that sort. It's amazing, definitely the place to be!
Pros
Excellent Management, Clean
Job was competative
DPS (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAAugust 2, 2018
It was great working at JEVS. Sometimes the distance was too far from one's home and yet you were expected to be at work on time.

JEVS is reasonable with staff who loss their family members or relative. It gives time off the see about those loses and I thin that's a good thing.
Pros
Health benefits.
Cons
No break time.
A good company to work for
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2018
A good company to work for but no room for advancement. Like the amount of hours that I work. Like being able to clock my hours in and out over the phone.
Pros
Nice people good hours
Cons
Don't make enough money
Independent work environment, trusted to get the job done
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rittenhouse Square, PAOctober 24, 2018
Company was a great place to work. All employees were terrific. The atmosphere began to change a couple of years into the new CFO's tenure, one of division. Prior to this, company was driven by the mission and the employees worked as a team to accomplish it.
Pros
Resources needed to complete the job was made available to all employees
Cons
Team work atmosphere was beginning to change
Love Love Love JEVS
Home Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2018
Jevs was very professional from the beginning! Jevs @ Home provided proper training before employment as well as the expressing questions and concerns. I never once had a problem and If I had a question, someone would assist as soon as possible! I really enjoyed working with them!
Pros
Great Company overall
Cons
don't get paid when the consumer is in hospital
Good but improvement needed
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with and the clients I have. I also have a good management team who supports/encourages me to reach my potential. I do not like the health insurance plan AT ALL. It does not help when you have a minor surgery because you will still have a bill to pay afterward. I also think they need to provide more vacation time. The pay could be higher as well.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Need better health insurance plan
Wonderful company and job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2017
I worked at JEVS for about 4 years and it really is a wonderful company. Although some individual members of the upper management team were problematic, as a whole, the job was doable. Compared to other human services jobs I have had, the workload was very sustainable. The building was clean and in a state of good repair. You don’t have to file the paperwork in your charts. And the union protects you.
Pros
Uninterrupted lunch break, unionized, cheap health benefits, reasonable work load
Cons
One manager was awful but they are not there anymore
I loved the team I worked for
Support Broker/ Financial Management Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 9, 2018
Awesome place to work I was involved in telecommuting and meeting new people everyday. I learned so many new skills. I was given the flexibility to be available for my family.
Pros
Worked from home
it was a ok job
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2018
it was a good job and the hours was pretty flexible ,but they dont off too many day shifts but if you need weekend or second shift thats always available
So many options to help people
Computer and Customer Service Instructor RCF (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2018
JEVS has a number of populations to serve which makes it easy to avoid burn out. Prison Program Management is dishonest, use your UNION but you have to make the Union work for you, they will not do it on their own.

If you want to learn, help others etc. I'd say it's a great place to be and they want their employees and consumers to win, so that's great.
Pros
Some autonomy, lots of growth options, fun peers, great platforms, often strategic
Cons
Dishonest management, (my experience only, in one department), upper management and HR are more concerned with solidarity than correcting the issue, that will ultimately come back to hurt the company
productive
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2018
It was a nice place to work in the early 2000's. I used to do home visits for welfare to work participants, to encourage them and remove boundaries for them to get jobs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
i was laid off with a large group of ppl because the program lost funding
Awesome
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2018
My time at JEVS was nothing but phenomenal.Three years under this employ has afforded me the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. I have been given the liberty to be myself for the first time in a professional setting. This fact was liberating. Daily I went to a place to be of service. It was not work because I loved doing what I did for their clients.
Pros
Family-oriented
Cons
Low pay
I worked to family members, and a few other clients
Personal Care Assistant/ Community (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
Jews was a good company to work for at that time. Jews company helped a lot of MH clients. That was the one thing I liked about Jews, helping people active their goals
Pros
trainning classes
Cons
ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEVS Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.