Jewelry Television Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced and fun to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2018
I started in 2015 and in 2017 I was able to work from home for the company which I think is great. The people that I worked with in the office are fantastic and willing to work with you
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours
Sucks
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2018
You make life long friends, but management is a joke. They only care about making money no matter what they say. Been working there for over two years, have put my resume in for multiple jobs. Have not got a single interview. Way under paid for what they want you to do. The training is basically a joke. Management has no idea what we deal with and when you ask a question they look at you dumb founded because they do not know the answer. Basically only apply if you have no other options.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management is a joke
Fun Workplace
Experienced Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 27, 2018
I have worked with some of the nicest people in the world at JTV! Our representative are all very nice and cordial and we have some of the nicest supervisors that will go out of their way to assist.
Pros
We have the nicest representatives in the world!
Cons
I work all weekends and holidays
Great place to work for 2nd job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 20, 2018
I LOVED working at JTV. I had to start working there as a 2nd job after my divorce and enjoyed it for 2 years. However, I was working 2 jobs 7 days a week for 2 years and never had a day off so I had to eventually quit but I am still wanting to go back if that tells you how much I enjoyed working there. I just don't have the stamina to work 2 jobs anymore.
Pros
flexible hours & discounts on jewelry
Cons
low pay
A great place to work
Senior CET (Customer Service Team) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 13, 2018
JTV customer service is fast paced. There is a lot you need to learn to do the job correctly but the benefits of the company are rewarding. The management and supervisors are awesome to work with along with the team. They are always willing to do their best for their team members. The company does a lot for their employees. Company parties and very much involving families.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 1, 2018
good place to work, learned about jewelry, taking orders, fixed orders that were wrong, reshipped orders that didn't make it,helped customers that were having problems with web site
advancement
Chat Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 22, 2018
Was had lots of autonomy with the exception of advancement and they hired on the guideline of good ole boy system, regardless if they new the job. they hired outside without considering those that gave them 10+ years. Mangers were uneducated and showed favoritism
I truly enjoyed this place. But.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 20, 2018
THere is a lot of things that need to be improved there. no manager is consistent. but the rules are. it is gaurenteed work. i would not go back. but when i was there the place itself was a fun place to work.
Good Co-workers
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 9, 2018
The only good thing I can say about this place is the people. Management was awful. I don't think I saw mine more than a couple of times. Attendance policy was bad.
A fast paced envierment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 31, 2018
It was super fast paced but good people to work for and with. A bit stressful when they had sales. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement from what my former employees had told me.
I applied for several upper level with my past sales experience and denied.
Pros
Served us lunches
Cons
Not a lot of oppertunity for advancement
Fun place to work. Genuine concern for their employees.
Customer Care/Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 17, 2018
I worked at the Call Center for a year and a half and I worked as an At Home Employee for a year and a half. A typical day consisted of answering the phone and taking sales calls, upsales to the customers and taking payments from customers.
Pros
When working at Call Center they would provide free lunch several days each month.
High turn over
Customer Care Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 26, 2018
JTV was a revolving door for employees. I went in with a large class of 20 and in less than 6 months only 3 were left of that class. By the end of the first year, only I was left. Not a very employee friendly environment. Long hours and no holidays or weekends off because they're open 24 hours a day. No breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37932January 28, 2018
JTV was a great company to work for! There was overtime if you wanted to do it! They worked with you if you had a appointment and needed to switch your shift to make that appointment!
Amazing things to see everyday.
Commodities Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 27, 2018
Being able to see gem stones from all over the world is amazing. Holding a gem stone worth 30,000 dollars is something not everyone gets to do. Getting discounts on everything was great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not really any to tell.
Enjoyable
Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 11, 2018
I really enjoyed being a Chat agent at JTV. I often did special jobs for my Manager and Supervisor. I was one of 3 Customers Service Reps on the overnight shift that not only assisted customers in Chat but also resolved any problems the customers may have had with an order.
Pros
Enjoyable, great co-workers in Chat
Cons
Low pay
Really terrible management and timed bathroom breaks!
Call Center Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 3, 2018
These people talk a good game, it's true, they'll chat you up in the interview talking about competitive wages and their supposed excellent working environment. What they don't tell you is that you are required to upsale $40 per hour and that it's difficult to do unless you manipulate the customer and aggravate them until they say yes just to shut you up. Then they call back and cancel with a different agent. You don't get the upsale unless it ships so you work your tail off for nothing most of the time. Also in order to get even 5% of what you sell you have to reach over 550,000 points in their arbitrary system, which changed from 500,000 in the first 4 months of my working there, apparently they constantly raise the goal you need to hit to get the max level of commission to begin with, and yes, 5% is the max. They don't pay even close to a living wage (And yet they can afford to remodel their interior to make it look pretty), and I did more than most when it came to upsales just to get enough commission to keep my head above water most months. The supervisors, except for maybe two, are rude, condescending, negative, and derogatory on the best of occasions. Also as someone else mentioned, you need to have a 9% jewelsafe (insurance) attachment rate, which is nearly impossible given the high call volume and the fact that the price of the protection plan goes up based on the price of the item and hardly anyone wants it. It's competitive, sure, but you're mostly competing with your stats for the month prior because if you drop a single iota the supervisors will ride you hard. Because  more... they get part of your commission as well, so the more you sell the better they look, even though they hardly do anything, some even berate you for calling the supervisor extension for help, even if you're new. It's really a dreadful company, they don't care about disposable people like call center agents at all, even if you are really good at upsales. They also need you to have a 90% ready status, so if you work a 4 pm to 12:30 am shift you get 2 15 minute breaks on the clock and a 30 minute lunch off the clock. If you have to use the restroom more often and can't hold it, (And you will with the amount of fluids you'll be drinking to keep from losing your voice) then your time for the day is going to be ruined, and god forbid you have to do more than urinate during one of your breaks. That'll ruin your times too. Basically, it's a bad place to work with low pay and horrible supervisors, not to mention their boss. I really can't abide working for a place that times my bladder.  less
Pros
Easy, no standards whatsoever for hiring
Cons
Short breaks, timed bathroom trips, terrible pay, atrocious supervisor support.
This was not a great place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 26, 2017
I thought it would have been better but the environment just drains you and the calls range from quick paced to slow from time to time. The calls you get are interesting but
Pros
holiday pay, pto
Cons
poor management
you have to make those "recommended" sales
Customer Care Sales Representative, I (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 11, 2017
JTV was a good place to work, but if you don't get the recommended sales quota (which is $40/hour for upsales and I don't remember the warranty one) then you don't get the better benefits. You still get a raise if you are close though. Working on the sales floor was fun and semi-competitive. I liked it over all, but at the same time I was glad to move on too.
Relaxed
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2017
Great work culture. Friendly and fun. low/no stress Realistic goals competent supervisors. know your schedule 2 weeks in advance and 2 consecutive days off.
Pros
Fund
Cons
Weeekend work
No raises or advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 28, 2017
I worked there for three years and was given one raise. For 20 cents. I was then told I couldn't complain about the amount and to be thankful I got a raise at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewelry Television. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight