Jewelry Television Employee Reviews

Disorganized
Sales (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 13, 2018
No room for advancement most good internal jobs are not posted the work environment is sub par. No one is on the same page ever. Most decisions are made by individuals who have no idea what you or the department does on a daily operational stand point
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
Management is sub par
Do not do it! It's a trap!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 6, 2018
I must say this has to be one of the worst places I've worked in my life. Being a former business owner & years of management myself, I observed in a very short time how poorly management and HR really are. I decided to leave the company because I know my worth & what I deserve. I talked to a lot of my fellow co-workers who stay because they are elder & said they have pretty much settled due to their age. Very sad when all of the call center is the lifeline of the company but are treated like sheep. Don't let all the little perks like the contest they do regularly get you too excited. They are not fair between sales & CET teams. The incentives & bonuses are really only good if you're in sales.Their point system is a joke as well! If you can afford the benefits to come out of you're already low paying check, than this job may be for you! And the benefits aren't that great to begin with. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU..DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU! The only people that matter are the production team and show host. The only good thing that I got from working here is new friendship with co-workers. KNOW YOUR WORTH PEOPLE AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO SPEAK THE TRUTH!! I can write a book of everything wrong with this place.
Pros
new friends
Cons
underpaid, no respect, poor mgnt & HR, huge turnovers, unprofessional
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 3, 2018
JTV is fast paced and fun. It does get hectic in the call center during sales and holidays and can sometimes be stressful.
Overall though, I would recommend JTV as a nice place to work.
Fun enviorment
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 18, 2018
JTV provided a fun environment to work in. There is a park to take breaks in, they bring free food a lot, and the people who worked there are a real treat.
Pros
Free food, not a hard job, fun enviorment
Cons
high turnover in management
The Unpleasant Company.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 2, 2018
Everyone I worked with who slowly left including myself thought that it was a nice job. Oh how we were mistaken. For anyone who can't sell a warranty (which if they take it or not IS COMPLETELY UP TO THE CUSTOMER; BUT it hurts your KPI and you will get fired for not being able to sell it. It's completely shameful of the company to have great workers but let them go because the customers you ask all shift won't take it). A person who isn't good with keeping up your log-in times, then this is a job for you. If you don't like being yelled at by some of the rudest customers (they have that Black Friday kind of attitude), then this isn't for you. I'm so happy I left honestly because I felt like a zombie. So did my other co-workers (one had just found out that the job was causing him illness with his stomach, sleeping & waking at unusual shift hours can do that). But consider the management in this job.
Cons
You will be fired if you can't pressure people to buy Warranty, Rude Customers, Management watched every inch you did
It's "okay"
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 25, 2018
Working for JTV isn't anything to write home about. It's relatively fast-paced at times but communication between you and your manager is lacking. Pay starts at 9 an hour and it's hard to move up in pay unless you want to work the graveyard shift/ numerous hours of overtime or just happen to get lucky.
Good learning opportunities
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 24, 2018
1. Company is focused on using analytics to improve bottom line
2. Leadership willing to take risks
3. Great learning opportunities
4. Not much employee perks
5. Pay is not competitive
Alright experience
Customer Care Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 23, 2018
It has been years since I have worked here and I was only here for a month or so. So I wouldn't be the best person to give a review. I'd give them a okay review because I only left because of emergency relocation.
Pros
Cannot remember
Cons
Cannot remember
It's a great place to get a start on live productions.
Production Assistant-Production Tech (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 10, 2018
While JTV is a great place to learn certain skills required for a live production to run smoothly. It does not have the room i need to grow in my career.
Pros
The people are nice
Cons
Long standing time and hectic shift schedules
Great atmosphere
Show Host (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Family oriented, great work environment. Always a pleasure to go in to work with great staff. Lots of perks for being a jewelry television employee.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Weird schedules
It was a family place and great place to work then everything changed
Asst. Buyer, Supervisor, inventory control (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37932August 31, 2018
great place to work handling and getting to see all the jewelry and gemstones that came through and working with the buyers, getting to see everything first. The people were great to work with they gave you the space to complete your job without standing over your shoulder. It was also a very family oriented place, until it wasn't
Pros
great people, pay was good, room to grow, discounts on products.
Cons
New CEO knew nothing about the company, came in making changes just to save money.
Good ole boy system
Employee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 26, 2018
Company cares about the face of the company, not about employees. Good ole boy system, depends on who you are or related to within the company. Executives spend an incredible amount of money for themselves and the hierarchy of the company. Can not stress enough how executives are reaping absorbent amounts of money while employees are suffering with the low pay.
The Supervisor in Training program was not very organized.
Supervisor In Training (Former Employee) –  knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2018
JTV is a demanding company to to work for. The pay is sub par for management although they have recently expanded the physical building and shipping capabilities and give good incentives for actual agents.
Pros
generous discount program
Cons
pay.
Liars, cheats, and con artists
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 3, 2018
They lie right from the phone interview. They have terrible managers, low pay, and bad hours. It's really a shame because under other circumstances it could be fun but the way it is run just ruins it.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Everything is micromanaged
Jewelry Television was a fun job
Operation Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 23, 2018
When I worked for Jewelry Television I really had fun. It was fun being with the people, seeing the jewelry go through the tagging area, where I would put a tag on the jewelry with the correct description.
Pros
seeing beautiful jewelry
Productive and fast paced and fun to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2018
I started in 2015 and in 2017 I was able to work from home for the company which I think is great. The people that I worked with in the office are fantastic and willing to work with you
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours
Sucks
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2018
You make life long friends, but management is a joke. They only care about making money no matter what they say. Been working there for over two years, have put my resume in for multiple jobs. Have not got a single interview. Way under paid for what they want you to do. The training is basically a joke. Management has no idea what we deal with and when you ask a question they look at you dumb founded because they do not know the answer. Basically only apply if you have no other options.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management is a joke
Fun Workplace
Experienced Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 27, 2018
I have worked with some of the nicest people in the world at JTV! Our representative are all very nice and cordial and we have some of the nicest supervisors that will go out of their way to assist.
Pros
We have the nicest representatives in the world!
Cons
I work all weekends and holidays
Great place to work for 2nd job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 20, 2018
I LOVED working at JTV. I had to start working there as a 2nd job after my divorce and enjoyed it for 2 years. However, I was working 2 jobs 7 days a week for 2 years and never had a day off so I had to eventually quit but I am still wanting to go back if that tells you how much I enjoyed working there. I just don't have the stamina to work 2 jobs anymore.
Pros
flexible hours & discounts on jewelry
Cons
low pay
Love the atmosphere BUT..
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2018
I have been there for almost 3 years and had one raise that was 20 cent..... then everyone got a 50 cent raise this year. I put in my two week notice and left around the end of May. Because I was only being payed 9.70 for an at home position when in office I would have been making 11.20 for working 3rd shift. Really sad to go but there is no way I can live on 9.70 an hr with 28-32 hrs a week!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewelry Television. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight