Jewish Community Center of San Francisco

Jewish Community Center of San Francisco Employee Reviews

If you’re looking for a stepping stone, then this may be for you. If you have a degree, you are seen as TOO knowledgeable and NOT pliable to management’s ideology. IMO you are underpaid, as your experience, educational degree, and personality are not considered; you are hired as long as you accept the low pay, as no one else will want to take it. Some departments will belittle you, if you are not their kind
Pros
The parents and children are really nice and friendly.
Cons
Compensation is awful and management is biased in more ways than one.
Pretty much everything was good, only issues that arose were with scheduling staff. Why the frick does this website require you to write 150 characters to submit a review?
fun and easy to work there. very lowkey and easy and my friends came by to say hi. Long shifts were very boring and hard and sometimes their was only one guard on duty
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
If you enjoy what you do and bring a sense of pride to your work and have a healthy work ethic, this is an amazing place to work! Great benefits including fitness center access, cafe and on-site parking for a fee.
Great feeling getting to server the community. Good work hours. No late nights, overtime, or weekend work. Participate in center activities, get to know the people you serve.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Good work environment, with a real mission and free gym access. Staff was supported and valued with a variety of opportunities for advancement and lateral movement due to the number of businesses that the JCCSF has.
Had to pull hair to get paid a month after job was completed. They tried paying me half of what they owed me. Take no responsibility for late payments. Did not pay me for required CPR classes they were supposed to pay me for. Had me go to meetings, answer countless emails and phone calls on my own time as well as try to get me to do extra work for free claiming it as an “opportunity.” They also have a poor reputation for paying teachers a fair wage in the world’s most expensive city. Would not recommend.
Had an excellent time being hired on as a Part time youth basketball coach. Will definitely being contacting them back to hopefully get hired on for another season.
I had so much fun working as a sports coach here. Everything was super organized and the management was awesome. Being a sports coach is the perfect part time job for a student or someone looking for a little extra side work. The staff was super fun to work with as well.
I am grateful for the opportunities I have had at the JCCSF and for advancing my career in a field I enjoy, however I am ready for a new challenge and next step.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Stressful hours, clientele
Year round program, based on Reggio Emilia, does not encourage a collaborative leadership style. Very cliquey. Hour long lunches! I could walk there! But could be so much more.
Pros
1 hour long lunch - always approve vacation time
Cons
not a positive work environment, very passive aggressive, holds people back
i actually had a good time working here. i was working here while in college and they were so helpful with moving my schedule so that was deffinitly a plus.
Nice high-end facility with grated new equipment and large pool. Staff is run OK a management is nice. Difficult to do long-term and does not pay a living wage for the Bay Area. Does not offer good benefits for employees. No healthcare no insurance no membership and not even parking. The clientele are very difficult to work with and loves to complain. There is a lot of buracracy involved with corporate management and are very difficult to work with.
Pros
Nice faculty and facility
Cons
Difficult clientele poor wages no benefits
Wonderful benefits and work culture led by a supportive staff. Unfortunately, youth work in any organization is hard to do long-term and does not pay a living wage for the Bay Area. Despite the negatives, I love this organization and the community it fosters.
Pros
Benefits, gym access, great community and staff
Cons
Pay
The JCC cultivates a warm, welcoming environment for staff and patrons alike. The Aquatics Center strives to foster a team environment and employs active, child-loving individuals. Typically, a shift runs about 6-7 hours leading half hour-long lessons of 4-5 children. Varying in age and swimming ability, each swimming instructor is exposed to a myriad of personalities. As a perk of the job, instructors get to build relationships with children and parents alike and are given the satisfaction of watching children build their self-confidence and advance their swimming. On the flip side of the coin, working with children can prove to be tiring, both physically and mentally.
Pros
Good employee feedback, fun learning environment
Cons
Lots of time in the water, short-staffed