Jewish Community Center Employee Reviews

Comfortable atmosphere
Aquatics Supervisor's assistant (Current Employee) –  West Ridge, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Working at the JCC is alright but I want to be more than alright. I need to earn more money to keep my head above rising debts. On top of that it pains me to be stuck at the same pay threshold for years while others my age are making thousands more dollars.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Fun Job, Horrible Work Environment
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
I worked at the Irvine JCC and experienced discrimination from the leadership in the department I was in. The kids were cute and the job was fun, but the work environment was horrible for all junior employees. The leadership was extremely unprofessional and tyrannical- humiliating employees in front of groups of people when we made mistakes. 0/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Cute kids, fun projects
Cons
everything else
A good place to work in their preschool
Infant/Toddler Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WASeptember 6, 2018
I worked there many years ago in their childcare and then preschool classrooms. I have kept in touch though, and do know through word of mouth that is still a good place to work. Their preschool is well-known, and follows a Reggio Emilia philosophy.
Camp job
Keshet Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 27, 2018
Good day camp job if that's what you're looking for for the summer. Can be fast paced at times and need to work well with others because you will be leading your group and activities with other employees.
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 27, 2018
The school I believe Is now closed down
I am sure there is mother activities available
But nursery school wing was filled with joy and a blessing. I enjoyed my job
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Lunch 30 min
Comfortable and stressful
Life Guard Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2018
Working as a lifeguard can be stressful as well as boring having to stay alert for long periods of time. The facilities and the environment were enjoyable. There was plenty of break time.
Pros
Comfortable, Plenty of breaks
Cons
Stressful, Tiring, Boring
Great place to send your kids!
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 20, 2018
The JCC provides tons of activities for your children! This includes music class, swim lessons, gym class, art, outdoor play, and many more to learn! The best part about working at the JCC is getting to know the children.
Pros
The children are the best.
Productive and fun at the same time. You really feel at home there.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2018
The JCC is a fun workplace for the customers as well as the employees. Both parties get to have fun and be involved with activities. As an employee you really get to be yourself and have fun while maintaining a professional attitude. You feel really at home and comfortable around your supervisors and coworkers. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Summer camp
Junior Camp Counselor, Shemesh Day Camp (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85254August 19, 2018
Working there was fun but stressful because you are in charge of a bunch of kids. At the time I was there we were in between camp directors so management was kinda awful but it got better. The hardest part is constantly thinking of activities to keep the kids occupied for 8 hours and cleaning up after them. I loved all my co-workers we were all relatively the same age and were able to interact with each other easily and help one another out if supplies were needed or game ideas.
Pros
great co-workers, fun field trips, membership at gym
Cons
minimum wage, full time
Exclusive staff
Summer camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 13, 2018
The director of camps was awesome! The kids and parents were great also, but the work environment was not good for anyone not Jewish or that did not grow up in JCC. I would not recommend this job if you are not a JCC member.
Awesome place to work!
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2018
I love my supervisors, and the culture at the JCC is great! They are always open to helping you advance if possible. This is a really great place to work!
Pros
Free membership
Great job!
Daycare Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462August 3, 2018
Great job! The people are friendly ans easy to work with. The management works great with your schedule, to provide you with hours that work great for you, whether you apply for part-time or full-time.
Unprofessional
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2018
Unprofessional, stressful and lacking knowledge. Understaffed and unreliable when it come to child care. Staff lacks knowledge of basic job duties and falls short of reliability.
Great workplace with lots of extracurricular activities
Preschool Educator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work with great staff. Extracurricular activities were great with activities such as drama, cooking, music, swimming and awesome field trips.
Pros
Nice staff, easy to get along with
Cons
could only eat stuff that was dairy kitchen kosher
I get to chance to have a positive effect on those I come in contact with.
IT Coordinator & Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJuly 15, 2018
The staff for the most part is very easy to work with and if you show them you truly care about your job they are very grateful.

I have learn that my Jewish co workers are very welcoming and personally care about you as a person.

Management care's about the staff but needs to look into ways to compensate their employees for the job they do.

The hardest part of the job is knowing I can't satisfy everyone all of the time based upon things out my control.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I did the best that I could with what I had because my clients show it.
Pros
Agency's support of the Jewish Coulture
Cons
Salery
Great place to work.
Part-time Licensed Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2018
This is one of the finest places to work and management is great. I would recommend this location to anyone. I have been there for almost a year and there is nothing to say on the negative side, incredible place to work.
Pros
Good pay, great atmosphere and people
Many jobs
Bus driver / daycare worker / camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 9, 2018
It was ok but was never offered full time employment with all the diff pay jobs there I was well over 40 hours a week but for diff pay groups all in same building
Pros
Loved it
Cons
Never full time
Productive and fun
Personal Trainer/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 7, 2018
A typical day consisted of greeting members as they arrived and. Maintained the cleanliness of the fitness center. Trained clients in cardiovascular and muscular conditioning.
Pros
Member relationships
Cons
Healthcare
lack of advancement
Assistant Teacher/Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 3, 2018
I loved my job at the JCC but leaving was a must after there were no other places/positions available to me though I had my bachelors and CDA. also my director and head director proved that a loyal employee doesn't mean anything and felt disrespected.
fun place to work
Sport Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 25, 2018
great place to meet new people. always loved talking to as many people as possible. worked all weekends when tournaments going on. very clean place to work