Jewish Community Center Employee Reviews

I really had a good experience of working there.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work was really busy and fun.
I learned how deal with different ages of little children.
Management were excellent and organized.
Workplace culture were really friendly and helpful.
The hardest part were, when you approach with children's problem emotionally.
The fun part was when you are in children's world, simple and honest.
extremely unprofessional, no real leadership from anyone in the front office
Godine Receptionist (Former Employee) –  newton , Mass JCCOctober 24, 2018
I was hired as a front desk receptionist. Horrible experience. Extremely disorganized. No one knew what the other was doing. Assistant director would tell me one thing and then the Director would tell me the complete opposite. I would be told to not come in the day of a teacher training and I planned to not come i. Then the director calls asking where I am and I need to get in there.

I was told on the interview how important it was to connect to the families. I loved that philosophy remembering when my children were young dropping them off at pre-school. Perfect environment (I thought). However when I started working there I saw all the moms would stop to chat with the assistant director and the other part time receptionist and never, NOT ONCE did either of them introduce me to these people. They talk a great story about a warm environment during the interview but it is nothing like that once you are hired. Whenever I asked if there was something for me to do the assistant director would tell me yes but it is quicker if she does it herself rather than show me.

If you are hired, expect to be the stock person and cleaning person. My main "job" seemed to be cleaning up after the teachers in the kitchen.I was never given projects to do , which is basically what I was hired for. I spoke to the director and her boss, yet nothing was done to help improve the situation. Very disorganized, poorly managed and the amount of wasted time these women were spending daily is unbelievable. One day I sat and listened to the assistant director and the other p/t receptionist try
  more... and decide if they should order blue plastic bins or red plastic bins. I actually timed it. 15 MINUTES!! This is why nothing got done there.

The interesting thing is I had an amazing interview. I was asked great questions and I knew this would be a great place to work. As it turned out it was by far the most incompetent work place I have ever encountered. Think twice before applying. Unprofessional, disorganized and extremely frustrating.
Pros
good pay- great hours
Cons
disorganized, unprofessional, no one could make a decision on anything, very cold atmosphere
It’s a job it’s at least 40 hours - never know which room m
Assistant (Former Employee) –  JccOctober 22, 2018
If the manger loves you - you can get away with anything whether it’s in the rules or not. The rules are not consistent there. It’s usually what ever the boss cares about.
Nothing to do and repetitive
Personal Trainer/Fitness Attendant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 27, 2018
Not a big enough facility. Treatment and workload was overblown for amount of pay and lack of help given. Felt disorganized, part timers were given simple tasks but managers criticized every little thing making easy tasks seem difficult.
Maintenance III
Lead Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Creve CouerSeptember 25, 2018
Always a working day. Never a dull moment. My work schedule is pretty much the same from location to location. Management was always available. Worked overtime when available
Wonderful place to work.
SLP (Former Employee) –  TampaSeptember 21, 2018
Wonderful place to work. The staff and management team were very professional and approachable.

I loved the flexibility I had and we utilized iPads for our notes. This helped improve my productivity.
Pros
Staff
Comfortable atmosphere
Aquatics Supervisor's assistant (Current Employee) –  West Ridge, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Working at the JCC is alright but I want to be more than alright. I need to earn more money to keep my head above rising debts. On top of that it pains me to be stuck at the same pay threshold for years while others my age are making thousands more dollars.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Fun Job, Horrible Work Environment
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
I worked at the Irvine JCC and experienced discrimination from the leadership in the department I was in. The kids were cute and the job was fun, but the work environment was horrible for all junior employees. The leadership was extremely unprofessional and tyrannical- humiliating employees in front of groups of people when we made mistakes. 0/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Cute kids, fun projects
Cons
everything else
A good place to work in their preschool
Infant/Toddler Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WASeptember 6, 2018
I worked there many years ago in their childcare and then preschool classrooms. I have kept in touch though, and do know through word of mouth that is still a good place to work. Their preschool is well-known, and follows a Reggio Emilia philosophy.
Camp job
Keshet Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 27, 2018
Good day camp job if that's what you're looking for for the summer. Can be fast paced at times and need to work well with others because you will be leading your group and activities with other employees.
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 27, 2018
The school I believe Is now closed down
I am sure there is mother activities available
But nursery school wing was filled with joy and a blessing. I enjoyed my job
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Lunch 30 min
Comfortable and stressful
Life Guard Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2018
Working as a lifeguard can be stressful as well as boring having to stay alert for long periods of time. The facilities and the environment were enjoyable. There was plenty of break time.
Pros
Comfortable, Plenty of breaks
Cons
Stressful, Tiring, Boring
Great place to send your kids!
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 20, 2018
The JCC provides tons of activities for your children! This includes music class, swim lessons, gym class, art, outdoor play, and many more to learn! The best part about working at the JCC is getting to know the children.
Pros
The children are the best.
Productive and fun at the same time. You really feel at home there.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2018
The JCC is a fun workplace for the customers as well as the employees. Both parties get to have fun and be involved with activities. As an employee you really get to be yourself and have fun while maintaining a professional attitude. You feel really at home and comfortable around your supervisors and coworkers. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Summer camp
Junior Camp Counselor, Shemesh Day Camp (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85254August 19, 2018
Working there was fun but stressful because you are in charge of a bunch of kids. At the time I was there we were in between camp directors so management was kinda awful but it got better. The hardest part is constantly thinking of activities to keep the kids occupied for 8 hours and cleaning up after them. I loved all my co-workers we were all relatively the same age and were able to interact with each other easily and help one another out if supplies were needed or game ideas.
Pros
great co-workers, fun field trips, membership at gym
Cons
minimum wage, full time
Exclusive staff
Summer camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 13, 2018
The director of camps was awesome! The kids and parents were great also, but the work environment was not good for anyone not Jewish or that did not grow up in JCC. I would not recommend this job if you are not a JCC member.
Awesome place to work!
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2018
I love my supervisors, and the culture at the JCC is great! They are always open to helping you advance if possible. This is a really great place to work!
Pros
Free membership
Great job!
Daycare Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462August 3, 2018
Great job! The people are friendly ans easy to work with. The management works great with your schedule, to provide you with hours that work great for you, whether you apply for part-time or full-time.
Unprofessional
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2018
Unprofessional, stressful and lacking knowledge. Understaffed and unreliable when it come to child care. Staff lacks knowledge of basic job duties and falls short of reliability.
Great workplace with lots of extracurricular activities
Preschool Educator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work with great staff. Extracurricular activities were great with activities such as drama, cooking, music, swimming and awesome field trips.
Pros
Nice staff, easy to get along with
Cons
could only eat stuff that was dairy kitchen kosher