Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Phoenix Employee Reviews

Great learning opportunity and opportunity for advancement
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2018
I have worked for the company for 3 years and at 2 different locations. Management plays a huge role. I've had great managers and sub-par managers. For the past almost 2 years I have worked under a great manager. I also feel there is more of a team effort and less work "drama." At a different location there was definitely unnecessary drama due to the nature of the employees hired and the manager. A lot of factors go into the quality of work environment. Expect to work a lot and at a fast pace. JFCS gets a lot of referrals and works closely with DCS. JFCS offers to pay for a lot of trainings, more than I've seen with any other company. They encourage continued education, trainings, and advancement. They also offer supervision towards your independent license. However you may have to contact HR if you don't have a specific licensed manager at your site to see about arranging monthly supervision to meet your specific supervision requirements. This is a great company for gaining a lot of experience if you decide to explore in different areas (i.e., age group, specialties). There are also opportunities for advancement but you must be active in exploring those with your manager. There is a lot of opportunity but you must be active in seeking out those opportunities. Benefits are pretty good and JFCS plays a lot towards your health benefits. The pay is fair compared to other non-profits, but definitely not the best pay out there in general. That's kind of the expectation with serving in community behavioral health, however. My current work community is great at trying to support one  more... another, but I know that's not necessarily the feel across all sites. Again, comes down to management and employees hired but not a reflection of the company as a whole. Overall the company is great and I've referred quite a few friends to work here as well that also have stayed for over a year.  less
Pros
Supervision, paid trainings, benefits, advancement opportunity
Cons
Fast pace, average pay
Terrible work atmosphere! Stay away!
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  GlendaleJune 29, 2018
Took this job to make a difference in helping others. It didn't take long to figure out it was more about cranking people in and out, as fast as they could. It was heartbreaking that clients had to wait weeks to be seen! And some were in desperate situations!
Working there was a nightmare, especially if you're a minority-you never really fit in. Co-workers would sabotage you to get you written up, because they didn't feel you were part of the group. The supervisors were just as bad. I was told by some employees people are "set up to fire"! My own supervisor called me in constantly about "incidents" that never happened!
I quit after a year of seeing the office politics "clear out" about 12 people (mostly minorities). When I left, one coworker said it wasn't the place for me. I told her, "You made sure it wasn't for me"!
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Management unsupportive, favoritism, racism
All it is is numbers
High Needs Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 19, 2018
Productivity is what matters here. If you’re not reaching daily numbers you get written upon order to transfer you need to be reaching numbers. I was a high needs case manager.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Productivity
Productivity is all that matters
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 22, 2016
I joined this team, as I cared to make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth, but the only thing this company cares about is productivity. If your numbers are high, they do not care about anything else. If you truly care for the client's and their families, look elsewhere. If you are helping families but not making numbers, you will most likely be written up. Very sad. Management is new and not licensed, yet is considered a clinical manager.
Cons
Management, lack of care
Typical Day
Medical Coordinator/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 26, 2015
This office has a lot of turn around with employees. They are more concerned about what you have to put in the computer than the patients. Things changed everyday. Not easy to get a good work flow with all the changes.
Front office
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 20, 2015
Front office, phones, scheduling, check-in and check-out, copay collection, insurance verification.

This was a fun, fast-paced environment to work in. Phones never stop, lots of clients everyday, supportive staff.
Pros
drug lunches, close to home
Cons
work schedule changes
High expectations with good management
Child Clinician IV - LAC, MC (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2015
The company is one of the nest to work for in the non-profit sector as far as support from management. The co-workers are dedicated and well qualified.The most difficult part is having to coordinate care with the department of child safety.
Stay away!
Specialty Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2015
My job title changed repeatedly. People are hired in with the same job title and given different pay rates. Management plays favoritism. HR is a joke. No way to advance without a masters. The training sucks. Seriously....stay.away.
Pros
Salary is decent
Cons
Everything else.
Great field experience working with families involved with DCS.
Family Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2015
Great coworkers and supervisors. I love working with my clients and reunifying families together. The driving can be strenuous at times. I've learned a great deal of information about myself and as a team member for a common goal.
Agency focused on productivity of employees.
Psychiatric NP/Prescriber (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 27, 2014
When I left the agency 9 years ago the focus had shifted from from a strong therapy base and interdisciplinary approach to a basic medication management and productivity model.
Pros
Electronic Medical Record functioned well
Cons
focus on productivity with lack of focus on quality of care
A Social Service Center where all had a healthy work ethic
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2013
I learned so much as a new counselor working at Jewish Family and Children's Service. The Professional Development opportunities were outstanding.
Pros
professional development
Great Experience
Integrated Health (Current Employee) –  PhoenixNovember 16, 2012
This company provides a lot of work experience. This is a great place to work.
Pros
autonomy
Good benefits
Parent Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2012
Worked there for a year as a parent aide. Conducted supervised home visits, worked closely with natural parent to overcome obstacles and meet goals to recooperate children.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
use of own transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Phoenix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9