Jewish Family and Children's Services Employee Reviews

Terrible overall
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 19, 2019
Management showed favoritism for employees that were rude and unprofessional. Very political. Proper services were not carried out by staff to assistance clients needs. OMAP specifically.
JFCS High Needs Case Manager
High Needs Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2019
Working for Jewish Family and Children Services has been a very rewarding job and has given me some wonderful experience in the field of behavior health. The managers and fellow co workers really make it feel like a family environment however, it is not the place for someone trying to advance in their line of work.
Pros
Very close group of staff
Cons
Pay/Advancement opportunities
Enjoyable work environment
Graduate Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 14, 2019
This was an enjoyable work experience for me. This intern provided me with good clinical experience, supervision, etc. It is a very independent work environment which allowed me, as an intern, to have greater freedom.
Productive and an excellent place to work
TEEN ELECT, Pregnant & Parenting Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2019
I love JFCS and its associates. JFCS offers a lot of opportunity and gives new graduates an opportunity to thrive. JFCS has the ability to give you job security,
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Some weekends required based on program
Jewish Family Children Services
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA 02451April 15, 2019
A typical day at work would consist of music therapy and bringing individuals to the pool. I learned patients is key when working and managing people. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what to expect in certain behavioral situations, the most enjoyable part is seeing individuals grow and improve their skills.
Pros
Helping individuals improve their skills.
Cons
Extreme behavioral situations.
Claims - Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2019
Learned a lot about billing commercial insurance companies as well as Medicare and Medicaid. Management is very hands on and flexible. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Multicultural, high paced place to work with excelent team of co-workers
Intake Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 10, 2019
Constantly changing requirements of a job with high rate of turn over staff. Great structure for team work and independent responsibility. Great management and perfect place to start your career.
Pros
convenience
Cons
low pay
Great Job
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2019
Great job and co-worker excellent.
Mental Health providers with many offices in the valley of sun.
Management team was great in each office.
Advancement in jobs and wages in all offices.
Pros
income up yearly
Cons
no cons
Mental Health
Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 18, 2019
The company went several management restructuring changes while I was employed there and management responsibilities were limitless at that point in time. Thereafter, the company made needed changes and it appears that the culture is now different.
Currently, i work FFS
Social Worker, LMSW - Fee for Services (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2019
I used to be full-timer and currently work fee for services,, have about 18 assigned clients. I enjoy working with the staff who are very professional, also get very good quality of supervisions as needed. I have been with the JBFCS for over 20 years full time and part time
collaborative work environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Asbury Park, NJJanuary 29, 2019
I was a mental health intern an JFCS. I was not a paid employee. I learned a lot during my internship and would love to work there if a opportunity presented itself.
Very rewarding working with clients
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 25, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy working with clients involved with this company. I make it my personal mission to constantly challenge my clients at their work place so they can achieve the highest goals they are personally able to.
Pros
Changing environments
Cons
Difficult to obtain a full time schedule/salary
Senior Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Although this is a good place to work....there is no career advancement in this agency. The workplace culture is somewhat tolerable. The Department supervisors barely speak to employees who are non-supervisors.This poses as a issue for staff. They really have to work on the culture of the company.
Benefits
Cons
career advancement and culture
Outstanding Clinical Supervision
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2019
Clinical Supervision is awesome. Clinical Supervisor is very knowledgeable and positive. Interns and Associate Licensed Therapists are taught a broad base of Clinical Knowledge and Skills. Agency has a lot of turnover.
supportive and encouraging work environment
DES Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2019
JFCS was a place of opportunity, the staff and supervisors are supportive and encouraging. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement within the agency
Dangerous
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJanuary 4, 2019
Alot of worker's comp cases due to the clientle. If you were injured by the client's, the higher ups would tell you it was part of the job, instead of asking how you were.

There were no consquences for the abuser.
Family Oriented and professional environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 2, 2019
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services was a great place to work. They made sure their clients needs were met and took good care of their employees.
okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2018
Hard to tell if management is working together. My experience was positive at times. Deadlines were short notice. Other employees appeared to be overworked.
Position that allowed me to help children and families with trauma.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 18, 2018
Working at Jewish Board allowed me to learn about different types of trauma and how trauma affects a child and his/her family. I was able to assist my clients emotionally and therapeutically as well as assist them with their daily struggles. I collaborated with my clients, as well as staff from Administration of Children's Services, my colleagues at the Jewish Board and others such as collaterals in the community.
Pros
flexible schedule, good paid time off, good supervision
Cons
Poor reimbursement for travel expenses.
Exciting
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 4, 2018
I loved working at JFCS it made you fill like a family. I also love working for the Older Adult program. I also like that they listen to you about ideas to help the company.