Jewish Foundation For Group Homes Employee Reviews

fun work place for self motivated people
DSP/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 24, 2019
Good company for beginners, give equal apportunity for all. internal job vacancies advertisements give you a chance to apply for higher posts and advance careerwise.
Pros
free meals for staff working in jfgh homes.
Cons
healthcare
I enjoy working with other staff.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 2, 2019
My typical day at work included performing administrative office duties and conducting fact-finding, problem analysis and problem-solving tasks in the human services field. I learned effective management skills and consumer service needs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Health care
Supportive and patient
Counselor & Supporter Service (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MarylandJune 13, 2018
Training my clients to live independently required a lot of job but with a good patience. Everybody I worked with was very supportive and awesome at commitments.
Pros
Field trips
Cons
Serving individuals with disability (IDD)
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 7, 2018
A friendly place to work. Serving needy individuals.
Management fails in communication and feedback, no employee evaluation, so its difficult to rate yourself. The most challenging part is to work with unmotivated employees.
Pros
Paid holidays and personal days
Cons
Hourly pay
Jfgh
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MAryladSeptember 20, 2017
Working a JFGH was hard, but it taught me patience looking with people with disability is a challenge if your not use to it.I enjoyed working with different people. I was olnly there part-time but it was enjoyable.
Strong growing Company
Program Manager for In-Home Supports (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 26, 2017
They have wonderful benefits and excellent pay. This company has plenty of room to grow. It is family orientated and very well trained. They provide excellent resources for you to do your job.
Pros
Ecellent Pay
Cons
Very busy work days
No separation
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 30, 2017
Your time will not be your time, there is no separation between days off and work days. Clients, Supervisors and Client's parents will continually harass you with email, calls and text messages.
Loved my job!
Rockville, Maryland Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 2, 2017
Would go back in a minute! Had to relocate. Individuals are taken care of and given the best of care from staff. Staff is always friendly and ready to jump in to help when needed.
Pros
Awsome individuals and great co-workers
Cons
Flexing time
Productive Workplace
Lead Direct Support Professional/Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 4, 2017
My typical day at work included performing administrative office duties and conducting fact-finding, problem analysis and problem solving tasks in human services field. I learned effective management skills and consumer service needs.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a difficult staff member who violated some consumers' human rights, including verbal abuse. I created several strategies in removing this staff member's inappropriate actions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was improving my supervisory, management, or leadership skills on a continuing basis.
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
Short breaks
Na
In-Home Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 17, 2016
A typical work day for me would be going to my client house to assist them with getting ready for day. I support them with their personal hygiene, choosing proper attire for the day, making breakfast, getting to and from work or school and community activities.
Pros
its flexible
Cons
being under paid
Fun
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2016
Individuals are well taking care of. They are attending theirs everyday activities and follow up doctors appointment.
loving environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 28, 2016
Love it. Its a nice place to work. Everyone is calm cool and laid-back.
I enjoy this job because i love working with adults with special needs.
very productive
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 14, 2015
Staff will have to be there at all times with customers, doing multi-tasks in group home by doing living skills to teach them how to cook, find activity/event to make a plan to go out for a weekend or week ahead for trip or take vacation by using internet and google doc, teach them to count money, communicate and education them.
Pros
sleep in and free meals
Cons
leave the house on my break
Very fun place to work and help others.
Assistant Group Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 27, 2015
Everyday brings new joys, we are here to help and provide safety to the residents. Management provides all the tools you need to be successful and fun at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the day is working directly with the residents, they are special needs so there is never a dull moment on the job, and they really show you that life is truly amazing.
Pros
Helping others and meeting new people.
Cons
Free food. I am on a diet.
a very good company to work with.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 23, 2015
a very good company to work with. A all round company which cares about both residents and staff.
poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 17, 2014
improve management of workers, and residents life. great time spent caring for disables residents
Pros
residents
Cons
management of workers
Productive work enviornment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  silver spring MDDecember 17, 2013
A typical work day would be interacting with the residents. Showering, dressing, feeding, and changing them. Also at the end of my shift I complete body checks , daily goals, and diaries.
nice place to work , providing good services to individuals with disability
Senior Coordinator/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 21, 2013
nice and fun place to work , providing great service to individuals with disabilities in the metro area.
A lot of work for a little more than minimum wage
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 23, 2012
Enjoyed the clients very much. Helped disabled young adults pursue their goals and dreams.
Pros
helping the disabled
Cons
horrible pay