JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach Employee Reviews

Great Work Culture, Team Driven!
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 6, 2018
I enjoy all my days at work. The sense of teamwork and a positive culture makes my job very rewarding. Moreover, patients are outgoing for the most part, given their circumstances. Management is approachable, and everyone treats each other as equals.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Works schedules are affected by patient load.
Its good enough
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMay 3, 2018
A typical day at work is just a normal day at work for any CNA, I've learned a lot. Management is that good enough.

Hardest Part Of the Job: Trying to satisfy everyone
Most Enjoyable part of the job: Break.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short break!
excellent place to work you learn a lot everyone is so helpful
Secretary and student nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 14, 2018
everyday at work is a great day, i make the best out of everything and situation even if i sometimes feel like the sky is falling down. what i mean by that is extremely busy and everything seems to happened at once, or the unexpected. You dissect everything and take one thing at the time.
Its a fun environment, staff are very positive and helpful you never feel alone
and always learning something new.
Fast paced, small for such capacity of inflow of patients
REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLAugust 7, 2018
Overall good place, low pay rate for the state. Hard to advance, unable to received higher compensation to pay bills. Good team not enough support....
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
productive environment, great hospital
Clinical lab assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLFebruary 20, 2018
fast paste must be able to keep up with with work load,under staff a lot of time not because of management but because of call outs.great benefits, company use a system that minimize collection error close to none .
Pros
never board
Cons
fast pace
excellent gym/workout place
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 21, 2018
excellent work place with great benefits. I enjoy my co-workers.JFK has a convenient work out place on site to improve employees health. The company also has an open door policy.
Pros
free gift cads
Cons
recognitions
Face Paced and excellent training
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMay 22, 2018
I registered patients in the Emergency room, A very fast paced area, learned something new everyday the training was good and liked the workplace.Most enjoyable part of my day was helping the patients.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No lunch or breaks at times because we were so busy.
Fast-paced and busy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLApril 2, 2018
Overall a good place to work.
The patient-nurse ratio is often too high. Pay is adequate.
The management on my unit is caring and approachable.
Coworkers usually ban together to get the job done.
Starting here as a new graduate nurse, I learned a lot and found caring and capable mentors.
Pros
Schedule flexibilty
Cons
Patient-nurse ratios
fast pace,understaffed
Phlebotomist/coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLFebruary 28, 2018
The pay is OK,but not satisfactory that's why a lot of the new hires has little to no experience and they leave as soon as better opportunity arises.they are always understaffed specially the night shift.lab manager or director shows favoritism when it comes to disciplinary actions.promotion is not base on merit but rather who is in cahoots with him.
Fast paced high volume environment
Patient Access/ Registrar (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FL 33462March 19, 2018
Lots of patients, ability to connect with different cultures, using Spanish to communicate with patients.
Coworkers were friendly, nursing staff was helpful.
Hardest part is dealing with patients frustrations.
Most enjoyable part was hearing patients thank you for their experience.

Want to know more about JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach?

Ask a question
Supply Chain
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJuly 14, 2018
There is no management at the hospital in regards to the supply chain. The company hired some random person who had no knowledge of the computer systems or how to manage people in general. When I would ask the new manager how to do a certain task his response was "I DON'T KNOW". I must be mistaken as to what managers are suppose to do in a company. To my knowledge the manager should be able to do every job of the people he or she manages. The new "MANAGER" had no clue about anything.There were up to 8 job vacancies in the supply chain as a whole at one point. It took the MGMT almost a year to hire one person and when they did the person left in less than a month. I personally did every supply chain tech job in the warehouse and the OR. I was thrown into the receiver position with one day training. The person who was doing the receiving before me left due to the fact he was doing a two man job by himself for about 6 months and found another position at a different hospital. The receiving position is a two man job, I was expected to receive all 200 plus packages every day while doing other duties just like the person before me. I asked the MGMT for help several times and they refused to give me any. " You've got this" was what I was told several times. Instead of fixing the problem the MGMT did nothing. So I was not getting the two man job done by myself and was being reprimanded for not being able to do the receiving tasks in one day. So I would NEVER recommend this job to anyone, even if I did not like the person. I used to LIKE going to work there which is the worst part about  more... all this. Overtime employees quit and the remaining employees were left to do the jobs of multiple people everyday for over a period of months. It may seem like I am a disgruntled employee but I am not. Before all the job vacancies at the facilities I enjoyed going to work there. It was when the MGMT failed their employees and failed to manage, that is when I felt like going there was a burden and sought new employment.  less
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lack of management
very happy there
RN (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLSeptember 11, 2018
The Leadership and teamwork is a fantastic nothing but good things
to say. They are very understanding and work with you on your
learning experiences to make you better every day
Productive and fun workplace to be
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMay 1, 2018
Working at JFK was fulfilling and rewarding when you are able to make positive changes. The diversity was good and working as a team even made it better. The atmosphere was friendly yet businesslike. We would always greet each other including customers with a smile or a nod of the head.
At times work would get challenging but at the end of the day when all are accomplished it made a big difference.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Good healthcare
Ok Job
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLNovember 30, 2017
Had the management ever communicated with each other this job would have been much better. Every manager had a different way of doing things and there were 5 managers. Schedules always differed so good luck making plans. This company had recently taken over after being run by Sodexo, so I will give them that they were definitely trying their best. Terrible time to be there though. As a dietician I couldn't believe what they were letting patients eat and the lack of control and supervision over trays being sent to patients.
Pros
free lunch, nice people
Cons
terrible communication, no positive reinforcement
it ok
Emergency Room Registrar & Admission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMarch 4, 2018
its an ok place to work and build experience. you learn new things everyday. the benefits are ok, ot can be unlimited depending which department you work
I don,t have an opinon.
Lab Assistant II / Preceptor / Lead Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMay 19, 2018
I can not wright a good one so I wont. The Hospital was a good one but the Lab was not. They hired crazy people and the supervisor at the time was also crazy.
Pros
Working in a Hospital
Cons
Working with crazy people.
loved my co workers
C.N.A/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMarch 2, 2018
loved what I did, just not where I did it. I worked overnight so that was really hard to balance sleep and life. Most of the time felt like a zombie. Would never work overnight again.
Pros
great nursess that I work with
Cons
working overnight
Amazing team work
Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLApril 3, 2018
Labor and delivery at jfk is a new unit but with a lot experience nurses.
Team work is a plus.
You feel like family.
Safe for nurses and ratio to nurse is really good.
Mixed feelings.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLNovember 4, 2013
A great learning school. The only hospital that lets students have a direct access and experience like the employee. As a student, had a great experience.
As a transporter did not have a great experience as lot of employees seem under staffed and frustrated. About 50 % of the employees seem very genuine with patient care as the rest seem like they are there to just collect a paycheck.
Felt like the lower pay-grade job you have the more you were discriminated.
Pros
Different culture, Fast-Paced, Great Instructor, Great equipment
Cons
Poor management, Discrimination, poor environment.
great overall staff nursing, and medical staff.
Supervisor relief (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMarch 11, 2018
night shift worked as team...very promising environment for successful patient care, staff worked together, medical staff encouraged input and discussion
Pros
staff
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach. Our community is ready to answer.

JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach Reviews by Location