JFK Medical Center North Campus Employee Reviews

Loved working at JFK CCU
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2019
JFK north is a small hospital, but a great one! Exceptional doctors, nurses and management. It was my first transition position from Ohio to Florida; I really enjoyed my employment at JFK North!
Pros
Managers/directors are easily accessible and actually care about their employees
Cons
No transport team
Great place to work.
Medical - Surgical / Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMarch 26, 2019
Every day is a learning experience, the culture is diverse, the management team is very supportive, you always have to meet different people all the time.
Family oriented community hospital
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 26, 2019
Staff are tight knit and work collaboratively. Patients receive excellent care. Their hospice department and cardiac department are known for their excellence.
gained a tremendous amount of knowledge
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 24, 2019
I started working the 11 to 7 pm shift. I then was promoted to days I was able to learn because it was a resident/teaching floor. I just and still do didn't like working holidays and weekends
Pros
experience was great
Cons
weekends and holidays
JFK North Campus is a amazing place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 19, 2019
JFK North Campus is a excellent hospital. They have extremely good benefits and also have a very good pay. The team work over there just makes my day.
I worked part time
Staff nurse on Ortho floor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed working fir JFK on a part time basis on mostly med-surg floors. This position gave me the opportunity to gain basic nursing knowledge while applying knowledge gained from nursing school.
Merger has been difficult transition
Human Resources Manager -TMLR (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at work for me is stressful and fast paced. Employee issues arise every day that need prompt attention and resolution. I have learned throughout my career at JFK. Been actively involved in the standardization of HR policies across the network.
Typical work day
Partner (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 17, 2019
It was always a crazy work day but it also was rewarding as well. Learned a lot from the nurses just wasn't making the pay desired so i had to find another position else where.
Nice place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Well organized laboratory makes the work routine easier.
People tend to work together, help each other out.
The company offers many discounts and perks.
Pros
Friendly well organized work environment
Cons
The computer system is older and challenging to learn.
Good Place to Gain Experience
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 30, 2018
I was only at this place for a few weeks, and it was only for a training program. However, working in their cafe as a cleaner and assistant snack preparer in addition to their shipping & receiving department did give me a decent amount of knowledge on what goes into each occupation. I personally enjoyed shipping and receiving most of all because of how much you move around and deliver. The whole workplace in general is filled with positivity and respect, mainly from the people who work there and support you. I definitely recommend it to those willing to gain experience there.
Pros
Helpful in each department
Cons
Slow at times
Stressful and Harsh
FOOD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 14, 2018
Not much to say aside from the fact that working next to a steaming dish washer and taking food up to rude patients is not something for the faint of heart.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Harsh Environment
Great Hospital
General Manager, Food Service (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Caring attitudes, culture of service excellence. Flexible work schedules and very accommodating, especially of working mothers.
I enjoyed most of my time working there
Porter/grill cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2018
Depending on which department you worked in it was a good place to work at. The staff are very helpful and willing to do their jobs.. The director of food service is a very good guy and I've worked with him since I was a kid as did my little brother , dad , aunt and other family members
Pros
You meet a lot of different people working throughout the city
Cons
No chance for adavancement
A place to start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 23, 2018
Good place to get your foot in the door as a nurse. Very high turn over in most units. Not great benefits or incentives for nurses. Floors are usually understaffed and they are all about the numbers. Workplace culture depends on the unit you are on.
Pros
12 hour shifts - 3 days a week.
Cons
Poor pay, not great nurse patient ratio, management are all about the numbers.
Cpht
Certified Narcotic Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLOctober 3, 2018
intravenous therapy, TPN, compounding, distribution, delivery of meds to 700 bed hospital floors for patients, ordering, stocking, nurse and doctor communication, operated security-powered narcotic vault, helped make schedule, senior shift technician
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 2, 2018
a typical day goes by taking care of the patient and making sure that they are on time for their therapy. Also, assuring that their health status is stable.
Management is subpar
worked in patient care (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLOctober 2, 2018
Favoritism is rampant from human resources all the way up. Absolutely the worst working experience, would not recommend, From parking to peers and patient relations. Supervisors constantly putting sown employees and talking behind their backs.
Pros
A job
Cons
Stressful
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 1, 2018
Good place to work and grow. Volunteering at JFK medical center helped me to get connected with the community and help the community. It was a nice experience.
JFK Hospital
Mailroom/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 14, 2018
In the JFK hospital, I'd definetly suggest paid time off and vacation pay for students at the voc rehab department. I totally love working there because the staff there is kind yet they tend to be rather pushy but that's okay I needed that given that I am rather slow
Pros
More money
Cons
small breaks for two weeks at the most
Very good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 13, 2018
I will still working in there, it is a good place, the only issue is the salary below the others hospitals. Everybody has the opportunity to continuing school because you can work differents shifts
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Short breaks, short checks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JFK Medical Center North Campus. Our community is ready to answer.