JHM Hotels Employee Reviews

Needs Improvement
Front Desk Agent/ Lobby Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2018
The owners are very nice and helpful people I truly enjoyed working for them them and would do anything to help them still till this day. However the management that was put in place to help take the load off the owners from being there every day were not the best choice to make. The environment went down even to the point were guest noticed and made their own comments about the chance.
not if you value yourself as a person
Cash Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 5, 2018
they do not value the people who work for them

a lot of negative vibes throughout the company from the top down

compensation was decent

work/life balance was good

management in accounting is condescending

HR is more a management resource than for the employees though I believe that is starting to be a trend in many companies
Penny Pinchers in the worst way
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 25, 2017
Working in operations for this company is horrendous. They have so many protocols and policies in place that it is difficult to deliver exceptional customer service, but then they wonder why their guest scores are so low. They also don't offer anywhere close to decent benefits and bonus options, especially for those lower on the totem pole that get paid hourly.
Challenging and competitive career choice
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
In the hospitality industry you have to be open minded and well versed in all aspects of serving people I'm not sure if this company has really attained what it takes to keep good help without wearing them down. Rewards and accolades are great but work life balance is essential.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Overworked and Underpaid
Front desk/accounting /payroll
Assistant General Manager and Hotel Controller (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 17, 2017
processed payroll/resolved issues/accounts payable and receivable.
Processed new hire paperwork/sheduled front desk/bellstaff and sercurity/filled in on front desk and night audit shifts
Pros
Discount hotel rooms and medical benefits
Cons
worked alot of hours and was on salary
Family Owned and Operated
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 9, 2017
JHM is a very successful, family owned and operated multi-state hospitality company that manages, operates and renovates various hotel brands as well as builds ground up projects.

The Design and Construction department was dynamic, constantly changing, multi-faceted experience that made each day an opportunity to learn and grow.
the people are great
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2017
this is my second time working for this company and I have nothing bad to say about everyone I have worked with. I enjoy the management team and they are always willing to help and work with you as long as you are a good and trusting employee to them.
Pros
monthly luncheons for employee of the month
Cons
low pay
I enjoyed working here for the most part
Assistant General Manager/Hotel Controller (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLApril 12, 2017
There is room for advancement if you work hard. I believe in being honest and my last boss at JHM was not honest and caused friction
for me. I would have stayed with JHM and transferred if I did not also have a personal issue which required me to be home at the time
Every morning topic of the day whit the associates, Guest satisfaction, controlling a daily PM works.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  VillagesFL.March 28, 2017
Every morning have an quick meting whit the associate as an engineering and H.K. Department. Controlling the fire system, kitchen devices, all public area, Electrical - Data and phone rooms.
and much more...
alright place to work good people
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 8, 2016
fixed a/cs ptac units,pm rooms,fixed door locks,paint,plaster,plumbing,they had 66 rooms down I brang all rooms back into rentable rooms,fixed electrical problems in rooms
Pros
lots of work to do
Cons
water pipes always busting in winter, and my evening assit.worker always drunk
fun and talkative place
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2016
everyday you meet new people. learned how to conversant more than i used too. managers are nice and understanding.the co workers are nice and cool people.
Fast paced, and enjoyable atmosphere to work.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 8, 2015
The typical workday was a quick and fast paced environment, that always had you on your toes. I learned how to lead, and a became a productive and dependable supervisor for almost ten years. I also developed my ability to work in a team environment, and harnessed the power to become an expert at training colleagues in the field. The hardest part of my job was not always being able to give the guest everything that they felt themselves entitled whenever there was an issue. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the happy faces of people of all ages when they completed a night in our hotel.
Pros
Delivering first class service to the guest, and working alongside some of the best people in the industry.
Cons
Unstable scheadule, and the lack of competitive pay
Great place to work and to meet people from all over the world.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 31, 2015
We are the host hotel for BMW and therefore are required to drive the most current BMW vehicles. Only hotel in America that does this.
Happy to be a part of this group.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Pay not consistent
Productive and Fun enviroment Famliy Oriented
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GaDecember 19, 2014
I love this company everyone was like family. From the day I started I had support in my job and was encouraged to advance in the company. The employees have been there 10 plus years!
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
late hours
Nice place to work
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaSeptember 6, 2014
Overall is a good place to work but the only thing is the opportunity to grow. Because is a small property (The property that I worked for) the chances to grow are not that many.
Pros
Free Disney Tickets
Cons
Low paid wages
Great hospitality company
Revenue Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 24, 2014
Easily one of the best management companies in Charleston, SC.
fun workplace, management leaves you alone as long as the work gets done, a relaxed atmosphere
Kitchen Supervisory/Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 23, 2014
A good company that still does a 401k match. Managers get treated better thru corporate than hourly employees.
Pros
cheap hotel rooms for employees
Cons
job advancement
Disappointing.
Engineering/Guest Care Services (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 4, 2013
(For Coral Gables, Fl. Courtyard/Marriott property only)
Current Preview
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2013
Currently working in a hotel reservation call center. I answer btwn 10-15 calls per hour.
Dedicated Staff Makes for a Happy Workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2012
Each and every team member I communicate with on a daily basis is happy to be at our company. While the work is tough and we barely have a minute to ourselves, there is always a strong staff to rely on for support. There is little chance for advancement since we have a very high turnover due to our low compensation compared to other companies in the industry and our prime hospitality location.
Pros
great workplace environment, dedicated team members
Cons
low compensation, lack of communication