JHU

JHU Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews

JHU insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Good Entry Level Compensation Is Not Ideal

If you are entry level there it is a good place to start but all lot of the work is put in and the compensation is quite low and all lot is asked from seniors.

Pros

Experience and Research Skills

Cons

Pay is low

awesome environment

awesome environment, fun employees, flexible hours, some customers are really hard to deal with but managers are helpful with those customers, high chance of moving upward in the company

Pros

good pay

Cons

work is repetitive

Great place to work!

Best job I ever had and I enjoy great support from my leadership team!I love partnering with my team members to support their success.Workplace culture is supportive, engaging and positive.

Pros

Benefits, Shared commitment to standards of excellence, great team work

Dont work at Hopkins

they will such your soul away and pay you pennies while they do it. they think you being able to put their name on your resume is payment enough. the better you do the more work they will give you.

Cons

no employee discounts on anything!

Manger

Worst job ever not good couldn’t stand it favorite tism I would not come back don’t pay good don’t like coworkers they are petty and mean would not do again

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Nice Place to work

JHU is a nice place to work. The hardest part is that I work with alot of people younger than myself...So teaching teamwork is continually an issue. But I encourage everyone to be that best them they can be.

I had an opportunity to use all my skills and knowledge. The education system is awesome. Management in the department was good, had some problem in other departments

Pros

Education

Cons

Stressful

Very stressful work

Supervisors always keep employees in stressful condition. Compensation is not good and not matches with education and experiences. There is no job security.

Pros

Health insurance, tuition reimbursement

Cons

No job security

unpredictable

Organized, bad communication between management and supervisors. Low wages even with degrees, People with an 8th grade education make more than someone with a Associates degree. Parking is a challenge. Alot of free training.

Pros

friendly atomsphore

Cons

minimum wage even with a degree

A intellgent working place

Working for Johns Hopkins, you will meet a group of super smart and intelligent people. Everyone there is willing to take care of new challenges and learn new knowledge. Even though you can have a very good work and life balance. Most of your colleges learn extra skills in free time. Taking about disadvantages, the HR process in JH is very slow and complicated. You might expect the process will take months of time to go through. And for security purpose, you will get multiple difference training before or during work. The hardest part of my job is understand the culture. Since JH is huge system and there is no uniform policy or rules between difference departments, you need to be careful about their own culture before making assumption and decision.

Pros

Life and work balance, good training

Cons

Long process time

Work at home days every week

Work at home days made it so easy to get more done without having to attend meetings on campus which covers about 4 acres of property. Web X meetings have made life and time more beneficial not only for myself, but for the organization as well. APL is a great place to work, culture is all research and development and every day is so different. APL is a trusted agent of the USG which provides a standard that is kept by all who work there.

Pros

Flexibility of work

Cons

For Export compliance there is no advancement; 3 people manage 6, 000 employees.

Good to start your research

The workload is not heavy. Work here under the guidance of professor is challenging, and it is also good for potential Ph.D student to get the rough idea of what the research is

Productive and fun place to work

I work at a part-time position for one of the departments of Johns Hopkins University. It is fun to work here. All my supervisors are great and encouraging! The work environment is very productive.

Great Benefits and Place to Work

The Lab is a very relaxed environment to work in and the culture has that of focusing on the work that needs to get done and not so much who is doing it. There is a lot of diversity here both in the people as well as the job sectors and the work being done. All of m co-workers have been easy to get along with and there isn't the usual office rumor pool like at many places, If you have an issue and need someone to help you out, that can be done quickly and friendly. People enjoy coming to work here and it shows, Most of the jobs are technical and that can be the hardest part of the job for me sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team like camaraderie and the social aspect of the job.....not to mention we do pretty cool stuff!!! My only complaint is that I have not been shown much help in finding tasking to perform lately and I am having to look outside of the Lab for work. :(

Pros

Nice health club with classes (tai-chi, yoga, aerobics, ets.), great benefits (both retirement and helath and dental)

Cons

Parking!!

Productive and making sure that my work was getting done

Cleaned and maintained offices, hallways, and bathrooms in the hospital. Assured that rooms were clean and sterile before and after patients arrival. Working with young cancer patients made me feel sad and discourage that so many young children have this problem. The hardest part was seeing the young children getting operating on, tubes all through their bodies, and they are unable to help themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that I did my responsibilities and handled it well.

Great University, actually, the best

stay in the library and classroom all day. Though tired, but still feel cozy in this place, feel like home.

Productive environment

N/A not speaking on working for this company i really enjoy my job. Could pay better but i believe the education compensates in alot of ways if your management team allows to go when available.

Cons

Productive and enjoying place to work.

Working a t JHU is fun and laid back were no one is rushed and work gets done. Training is always available with room to elevate.

Pros

benifits are top notch and the education is free

Cons

advancement in pay can use improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JHU. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JHU