Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Found 2,376 reviews matching the search See all 2,460 reviews
Got worse over time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Herriman, UTJanuary 11, 2019
Started out as a great job. But the company never praises its employees. Always looking at the negatives. They try to under pay you for promotions the longer you are there. Have many deadlines and goals to meet. Corporate thinks they know everything about each shop without even giving the time to go and actually see for themselves. Some upper management are very intelligent while some lack. Can be a great job but very frustrating and always feel punished rather than praise for good work. You could hit 16 of 17 deadlines and they only harp on you for the one you miss although you were the only one to get 16 of 17.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly environment
Cons
Pay raises, deadlines, corporate
While Jiffy Lube is a great place to get your feet wet, it is not a career.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 7, 2018
Jiffy Lube is a great spot for college kids or people wanting to learn the basics of vehicle maintenance, however, I would not recommend it to anyone who has any applicable knowledge of vehicle care. Management is Oblivious, there is no bonus structure and if you are blessed with a good enough team it will eventually fall apart because everyone is replaceable and no one is worth a raise. They allowed me a foot in the door to sales and automotive however I would never suggest a job to anyone who is in need of stability.
Hard work low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2018
I Worked for Jiffy Lube a long time. Learned alot about cars. Met alot of good people. Working in the heat and cold was the worse. Lazy coworkers and managers. Pay was not enough. Took to long for raises. Want you to work even if you sick. The stores I've worked at some managers were racist and discriminatory. Upper management dont care about the employees only about how much money you make them.
Pros
Learned alot about cars great first job for single people
Cons
Low pay hard to advance lazy employees and managers
Fast paced and active
certified automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Herriman, UTDecember 30, 2018
If your looking for a fast paced and active job this is it, the pay is a little lower and unless you go through all of their company required certifications you start at the bottom even with past experience, and even after the "Certs" you don't get raised much, unless you are looking for a management position it is really just a good second job to supplement your income or a great first/high school job.
Pros
Discounts on services
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Only good thing was the people we work with.
Assistant Manager I (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 6, 2019
This company is biased with there promoting within. They really like to blame under management for upper management mistakes. If corporate really new how the inventory is off and numbers fudged rather than submit an accurate count and deal with the issues on hand they would probably let people go and save money with the correct figures.
Hostel working environment at times and intimidation to subordinates. That giving pay increases in a timely manner.
Really no intigrity and or core values that they preach. Offers promise of promotion if they like you. If you’re defiant and as management stand behind your workers they just throw them under the bus.
Pros
Discounted services
Cons
Understanding your employees issues & not recognizing their dedication.
Not paid enough, but met some cool people
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Stanwood, WADecember 30, 2018
The people I worked with we're great, however the manager never found time to evaluate me for the raises, given from completing online courses, I had my online courses complete and asked the GM often to evaluate me, she never got around to it. However she was a cool person and wish her the best in Texas.
Pros
Good experience, good people, fun work.
Cons
Rolling breaks, management not finding time, low pay.
Previous Employee JM3786
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Parker, COOctober 17, 2018
Having worked with Jiffy Lube was a decent experience, but I wouldn't recommend working for this company. They promise promotions and pay increases but it is almost impossible for people to take you seriously. I waited for them for 6 months before they would give me the raise the promised after I completed my Online Based Training. I had to get on everyone's case and demand something that was supposed to be rewarded to me. Some of the previous managers I've worked with were willing to help me out because they truly wanted to see me improve and grow. But lately, with the manager at 3234 and the Human Resources are terrible at their jobs. I was never being paid accordingly or aware of any violations I've committed which in turn caused my termination.
Pros
coworkers are tolerable
Cons
the way the have things set up is an obstacle for no reason
typical corporate donkey job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 4, 2019
If you have never been to or worked at a quick service oil change place like jiffy lube then you are doing something right. They hire anyone off the street and lack a proper training regiment that emphasizes the importance of a quality service. People constantly mess up customer vehicles by forgetting to put oil in or forget the drain plug and totally blow the engine. I have been working on cars my whole life and I could not believe how many times I saw a new employee get fired for screwing something up because they were flustered or didnt know what the heck they were doing. I left because of the corporate vultures who only wanted big numbers and the poor management goons they hired who didnt know how to treat a customer with respect or even make sure their vehicle was being serviced properly.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
corporate goons breathing down your neck for a lousy $8.50/hr pay, hiring dumb high school dope heads to do some of the simplest of vehicle maintenance.
Well, this is MY experience within my franchise.
ASSISTANT MANAGER/LEAD BRAKE TECH (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAOctober 9, 2018
Cars come in, you drain the oil. Some cars get other work done, brakes, tune ups, new batteries, starters, water pumps (the miner repairs) etc,... In store management is very stressing some times, but only because district managers are always on their case. Well in my stores, 8 stores that I worked at anyway. I started off as a lower bay tech and worked my way up to "Lead Brake Tech" which is just a miner repair guy(F.Y.I. thats the "Mechanic" in the store), then to Assistant Manager. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stressed out store managers and the ungrateful district managers. The best part of the job was educating the guests about their vehicle. Teaching another person something new.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
over worked & underpaid
Long Hours, Rude management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Angola, INNovember 14, 2018
The employees had a lot of issues with management and District Manager.
Promised raises and advancements but then they would back out and tell you they wouldn't do that and to leave if you wanted.
Hours would vary every week. One week you would work 70 hours and the next you might have 20.
Demanded certain expectations but refused to pay for things that were needed.
fast paced work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 30, 2018
long hours you get to work on cars following a strict routine.The management is ok the work place culture is a fast paced friendlywork environment your co workers are knowledgeable and precise the hardest part was the 12 to 14 hour days i enjoyed the guest the most fixing someones vehicle made my day
Pros
half off vehicle work
Cons
65 to 70 hour work wk
Amazing environment to work in, you stayed busy and productive, family orintated
Customer Service Advisor (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Absolutely loved working for this company and would work for them again! The owner always made sure the employees and management were being treated fairly and made sure they were sticking to company protocols. We made sure to go above and beyond to make sure customers had a wonderful experience. When going to work you felt like you were with family. You get to know the customers on a personal level. It is a fun environment to work in! You have opportunities to advance quickly in the industry.
Pros
Fun work environment, advancement opportunities, getting to know your customers
Jiffy Lube
Supervisor/Team Builder (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VASeptember 17, 2018
Arrive before the scheduled time for shop opening, verify all tools are accounted for and all machines are in good working order. Set up the register and tidy up a little bit maybe make some coffee. As soon as the doors open, you and your team are assessing and completing general oil changes, tire pressure, fluid levels and misc inspection type criteria on vehicles that enter the work shop. At the end of the day, you do a clean up, check tools clean shop and close the registers count the profits from the day balance with the customer receipts place all checks and balances in the safe and lock up shop.
Pros
Great fast paced basic mechanic industry
Cons
No benefits, paid vacations and low chance of advancement
Advancement opportunities
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 24, 2018
It's a good place to work for they only offer 401k and their medical is not that good but I did Advanced to assistant manager so there is advancement opportunities it's a fun work environment is it very busy and structure sometimes you have to multitask switch from doing one thing to the next to be able to help your coworker and satisfy the customer.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
GM are they ever showed up
Different from retail
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYDecember 28, 2018
This job is great, many will try to downplay Jiffy Lube, because of the low pay for the work you perform. However, they teach you how to perform basic maintenance on cars, which is something I will keep with me throughout life. They train you in management and promote from within. They offer flexibility and respect students needs for school. I loved working here during my college career.
Pros
flexibility, relaxed workspace
Cons
low pay
To much trunover with employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 28, 2018
Management is not the best. The employees do not get paid enough to stay there. And pay raises are few and far between. And you're responsible for buying your own personal protective equipment
Pros
Hours can be flexible
Cons
Working with toxic chemicals
Lube Technician
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2018
It is an alright place to work if you do not know much about cars and really want to learn, as far as everything else goes I never got many hours because they have to get customers showing up so the techs could get paid. Advancing is not easy, I was there as a technician for two years and I never saw a promotion or raise come my way, once everyone's hours started getting cut I then decided it was time for me to move on.
Pros
Discounts on services
They suck don’t work there at all
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 2, 2018
Jiffy lube are all liars you don’t get a raise I was there for 5 years and only received a 25cent they want you to do work that has nothing to do with your job tittle the management and District managers all are under fair they only look out for each other never they employees whateva you do stay away from them do not work there
Cons
Made the Best of it while there
Assistant Manager / Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Highland, CA 92346October 18, 2018
20-50 cars show up a day. Very fast paced. Learn how to do an oil change along with other maintenance services. Manager wasn't too bad, he helped when needed, could be moody. Culture was fun, had some good laughs. Hardest part of the job was the pressure of getting cars in the door and selling services. Enjoyable part was at times the staff, funny people.
Pros
Kinda fun
Cons
Pay was horrible no advancement
Pit Tech
Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2018
Management per store run shop differently. Correct way to run a shop is to give employee's part of bonus's made quarterly, management made theirs and was paid more for staff, most m,management does not share any of the bonuses, if you were close friends with the manager then they might give you a bonus once and a great while. Cut-throat business between staff.
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of advancement, bonus's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jiffy Lube.

Powered by Comparably