Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Fun place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILMarch 13, 2018
Jiffy lube was a good place like any other work place you have your good days and your bad. This is a good place for someone who is young or need a second part time income.
Very nice work environment
Lead Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMarch 8, 2018
Very fast paced, yet very chill work environment when down time came. Nice employees, very helpful management, interesting learning experience, promote within but favoritism took place
Basic oil change job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMarch 6, 2018
Jiffy lube lucor entity are very selfish. Overtime isnt paid correctly. As a manager the pay was close to minimum wage with 12 hour days. Benefits are too expensive. And district managers and other corporate leaders are cut throat and take from the poor and give to the rich. Highly reccomend never working there. However the service we provided as a team was impeccable
Fast paced, Owner, GMs
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 6, 2018
I scored Jiffy Lube with a low overall rating due to having to benefits, an owner that doesn't care about his employees, and low wages. The positive side to the stores that I worked at, I never had a GM that I didn't like.
Pros
Friendly GMs and other employees
Cons
No benefits, Low wages
Very busy most days, stayed productive.
Lower/ Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILMarch 5, 2018
It was a very fast paced job. Inside the shop can get very loud. The company is all about safety , after all they are responsible. The inside of the shops can get very slippery, its best to have none slip shoes.
Pros
enjoying the weather.
Cons
stressful.
Competitive, workers were friendly.
Customer Service Advisor/Lubetech (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYMarch 5, 2018
Not very much room for advancement. Very cooperative peers, very high paced. You need to be able to multi-task and have a lot of patience with customers since you're dealing with their cars.
Recommend working here as first or second job.
Pros
Very friendly and understanding peers
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Not terrible
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 5, 2018
I loved this job. I love getting my hands dirty and doing minor things to vehicles. Down fall was the managers but being a female in this industry can be quite intresting but over all not terrible. The area manager is pretty cool tho.
Pros
free oil changes
Cons
Discusting managers
Jiffy lube
Lube Tech at the Independence South (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 5, 2018
I would never recommend anyone working at Jiffy Lube. They dont care about there employees and they pay Awful for what they ask of people. I would never tell someone to work at this place ever.
Pros
discount oil change
Cons
everything else
hard work
LUBE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, IL 60491March 5, 2018
at the time i was working at here they were always a very busy shop. it made the days fly but it was really hard work for minimum wadges.
I did learn a lot about customer service there though.
Pros
down time and good lunch breaks
Cons
just really hard work
Job will get threatened everyday.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 2, 2018
management sucks, osha violations everywhere, dangerous, no matter what you do you will likely have a corporate investigation put on you, no chance of advancement at all, district managers will not get anything fixed in their shops unless it almost kills an employee or a customer complains about it, don't bother asking for a day off because you won't get it.
Pros
learn about cars
Cons
management sucks, won't see your kids often, always shorthanded
just a break room
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2018
typical day would either be opening up in the morning or greeting on coming customers and getting the basic information for their vehicle year make and model and mileage and recommending the best oil for the vehicle....Escort guest to waiting room and once a bay is open I drive their vehicle in the bay

I learn all the prices of all the lubricant fliuds, change and rotate tires, change oil, change breaks, inspect and flush break fluid

Management was unorganized

coworkers all work in comradery

hardest and least favorite part of the job for me was changing the transmission fluid

most enjoyable part of the job was putting smiles on coworkers and customers faces....seeing people smile motivates me
Pros
breaks
Cons
inhaling deadly fumes
fast paced,costumer oriented business
Crew Chief Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 2, 2018
if your great with people job for you, have a knack for sales the place to be, and great benefits for full time employees.over all great place to build experience within the field
productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 2, 2018
This job was challenging but attainable. It was a fast paced job with focus on quality of service. The upper management was fair and trustworthy. Offering opportunity to advance and shows ones ability.
Pros
Fun group of people that has an hair of profetionalism.
Goals!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAMarch 1, 2018
A typical day at work for Jiffy Lube was good it included opening the shop, making fresh coffee for the waiting room, making sure staff was on time, taking inventory of shop and office products, scheduling, assisting when needed, dealing with complaints and making sure they where addressed and taken care of promptly. Attended management meetings out of town as needed. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with the public. Thee hardest at times could be to meet annual quotas as they had to be higher than the previous year. Our store usually was rated highest for sales compared to other surrounding stores.
Working with a great team work environment.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Dear reader:
My recent experience has been in working on various cars most of my day, while managing team members and sales associates. I've had the pleasure of maintaining both customer and employee satisfaction; yet ensuring a safe working environment remains a consistent requirement as well. The most important lesson I learned is teamwork alone is not enough; both efficiency, effectiveness, and dependability is needed in teamwork and in everything we do. The hardest part of the job is when a customer returns unhappy or disappointed even when we do our best. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we see the smile and the satisfaction on the customer's face and know that the job is done well.
Productive and Fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAFebruary 28, 2018
love to talk to guest building up a relationship with guest and employees the hardest part of the job was to do the district managers job which was the depht charts
Pros
lunches
Cons
brakes
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTFebruary 27, 2018
The job was was a little hard for hiring, but when I started working it was amazing simple and easy. The work environment is pretty solid. Only downfall is compensation and hours.
good for a begining job
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR 97330February 26, 2018
it was a job that would be good for getting into the working industry it would have a variety of fast paced and then laid back and time to get to know the people you work with.
Sucks
Lube Techician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 26, 2018
Hated working there the work place is terrible and unprofessional. They don’t do there job 100%. There prices are way to high and I did not learn there
Cons
Great entry level to gain experience for dealership work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 26, 2018
Hours were great. Was hard to call in, my father was in the hospital on life support and they threatened to fire me if i called in. Hardly ever called in in the 10 years i worked there.
Pros
Wont go in earlier than 8. Wont get off any later than 6. Closed Sundays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight