Jim Burke Ford Lincoln Employee Reviews

Unfair
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 25, 2018
Jim Burke Ford laid me off while I was on disability due to an automobile accident that I suffered while I was off work. This company has never been honest or fair with its employees. After suffering the accident I was told that they had closed my department which was not true. They had used that excuse to lay me off.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No pay raises, unfair, untruthful, deceptive
work
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 25, 2018
Pay was horrid ask general and service manager for pay raise nothing
Was always struggling to pay bills had pge shut down
the benefits are to expensive payed over $400 a month and its mandatory to have them
Best Place to Work in Bakersfield!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Jim Burke Ford Lincoln does a great job of instilling the company vision of Building Lasting Relationships with its employees and customers. Each day is new and exciting because of the wonderful relationship we have with our customers.
Management does a good job of making the environment fun and team oriented with a little healthy competition and rewards.
Would highly recommend this family owned business to buy and service vehicles and to work here.
Pros
Ownership, great atmosphere, collaborative environment, opportunity to make great money
fun
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 14, 2017
A typical day at the work place was very fun and very full of work, I learned a little bit of accounting and managing, filing, paying big work bills. The hardest thing about the job was first learning how to do accounting.
Fantastic
Sales Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 6, 2017
this is a fun energetic place to work. Great for entry level position but allows room for growth and promotion. Many opportunities to learn in many fields.
Pros
Array of positions
great family business
NEW AND USED VEHICLE SALES AND LEASING (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work. Never a dull moment. A place that will really give you a chance to improve and become a better person. Highly recommend to anyone close to Bakersfield.
Poor management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 16, 2017
Typical day consisted of answering phones and setting up appointments, printing out work tickets/purchase orders for the body shop and filing records for the insurance agents of many different insurance companies.
Pros
Good commeraderdy amonst my fellow employees in the office
Cons
Poor management
long days
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 4, 2017
we would work all day sometimes without breaks or lunch due to pressure from management to get customers cars out on time during busy days. didn't really see any room for advancement felt like I was stuck in the same position
Pros
working on cars
Cons
sometimes no breaks
fun work environment
ASSISTANT SERVICE ADVISOR/APPT. COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 27, 2017
The experience I had at Jim Burke Ford was life changing and very helpful. I originally got hired on as a cashier but a few months later they trained me in different areas such as appointment coordinator and assistant service advisor. The cross training allowed me to get experience in customer service, scheduling, selling merchandise, and cashiering. Being depended on by all departments made the day go by faster and more enjoyable because you were able to interact with multiple people. Overall great company to work for!
Productive workplace,Always work to do,Friendly environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 23, 2016
I loved working for Ford and wish I could have been there longer, I was a temp for someone out on medical leave and there was no definite time as to when she was coming back. I would have loved to stay aboard but it did worry me that any day The original accountant would be back. If a position ever opens up again I would definitely apply.
fun, busy, stressful
ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 18, 2016
This company is great to work for, it can definitely get stressful depending on the job you acquire but the people and customers make up for the craziness.
Pros
Job security, great people, well paid
was ok
parts driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 4, 2016
was ok management staff made the work place harder job was fun and easy but the smallest thing got you written up other then that the job was not bad outside on the road given certain changed i would go back
Pros
15 min breaks other emplyees in my dept where awesome
Cons
short lunch some management kinda needed work on how to manage
Great place and great management for a dealership environment
Master Diesel / gas engine Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak St. Bakersfield, CA 93301February 23, 2016
Great place and great management for a dealership environment. If they wouldnt change the work duties so often, I could develop a routine, therefore I could be more productive. I pick up on things very fast, therefore they are testing all fields of repair, to see where my strengths are. Being a mechanic for 20 years, i would be willing to learn new fileds,m if i weren't on comission. (consistently in the training process).
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Commission
good job just not very good management
Tech Helper (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 9, 2015
completed all duties. workplace was always busy so employees were kept working at all times. breaks were proper and company overall was a good place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Ok place to work at
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2015
This review is for an employment from 2007 to 2011, the company has changed and improved may things since then.

The job was minimum pay at the time (8.00/ hr), regular vacation time, eight to five work hours, not many advancement options and there were issues between the supervisor and the employees. All the employees would usually stick together and support each other when needed. there were no deficiencies when it came to training and the workload was always good. Overtime was restricted unless approved by management. Most customers were pretty cool and then there was the occasional customer that was hard to deal with, which is common with any retail job. The manager was usually more helpful than the supervisor.
Pros
Unlimited free coffee, get learn your way aroound town.
Cons
problems with supervisor
Productive, but negative workplace
Assistant Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 22, 2014
A typical day starts off very quick which I thoroughly enjoy, tappers off towards lunch and speeds up again towards closing. I have learned how to handle frustrated customers while maintaining a calm and collected attitude. I have also learned attention to detail is very important in this industry and anywhere else in life. The management I think could use some tweaks, instead of a little constructive criticism and a little encouragement it is 98% negative about everything. instead of caring for the people that walk through the door, they care about themselves only. this is the hardest parts of my job instead of willing to help an employee by writing the customer up or simply letting them know if a vehicle is done they are worried about "will this help my paycheck". Which is why I am looking for a new career. My favorite part of the job is literally turning a frown upside down. cheesy but the truth typically customers are not happy about bringing their vehicle in but when they leave and they are simply happy with the work you did, that is the most rewarding.
Pros
Great Benefits, discounts on vehicles and parts, friendly people
Cons
negative thinking, not a lot of team work
loved working for ford,
Collision Estimator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2013
Good work environment friendly customers and employees.
Although boss was not very informative on some small rules and hazed employees and a bit of a hypocrite,.
Pros
Big ford fan. always able to drive the new cars.
Cons
the boss of that department was not a good example of what a ford motor company employee should be.
laborer
assistant technician (Former Employee) –  bakersfield caSeptember 16, 2013
this is a good company to start out with in the work environment and is a strong enough company to have a successful career
It is always busy but the people make if fun
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2013
Monday and Tuesdays are the busiest do to pay deadlines and the rest of the week stays a constant flow of contracts and incentive enrollments.
I have learned a lot from the different positions I have had been in
Management lets you do your job and when they need something they ask your help in getting it done
My co-workers help each other out in getting the different jobs done as we have been cut back so the jobs have to be spread out
Hardest part of job is when you run out of work hours and the work is not done I like to finish my job daily
Enjoyable part of my job is finding extra incentives customers didn't know they had
Pros
Flexable lunch times good 401k plan
Cons
No pay raises or bonuses and poor healthcare coverage constant cutbacks
productive and exciting
Customer service, Porting cars, Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, Ca.August 28, 2013
room for advancement management was great and co workers were great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jim Burke Ford Lincoln. Our community is ready to answer.

Jim Burke Ford Lincoln Reviews by Location