Jim Ellis Auto Group Employee Reviews

Not a relevant summary
Audi Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 12, 2019
I have nothing to add to this review. The information required is not relevant to my current position nor what my current level of training requires.
This particular position you are invisible
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 2, 2019
Lack of pay. Pay was cut down to barely anything for BDC. The current GM does not care for this dept. He doesn't see the value of the dept. I feel and so do others still working in this dept feel as though its only there because the ELLIS FAMILY has them in other locations. Make sure you do not go to management with concerns because you are not heard out and they dont care.
Pros
Same pizza lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Low pay, open till 9pm, ignored as employee, told you cannot speak to anyway above the GM or instantly terminated
Thieves different policies for different people
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 27, 2019
During the interview I gave my salary expectations. I was told that I would greatly exceed that.
Only to make less than a crew worker at a fast food joint, to many advisors perhaps?
Other senior advisors would take work out of your name and put in theirs without recourse. I confronted advisor when management would not.
Different standards and policy treatment for some.
I had highest maintained CSI score and never had a complaint from a customer.
I was praised one minute and literally 2 hours later was called into office and fired, being told because of our earlier discussion, which was how slow business was, so i'm thinking okay I understand new kid on the block so I have to be laid off.
Only when I get home and read my separation notice it says due to customer handling. I am thinking manager made a mistake, when I contacted him about this, he stated no it was correct.
Not one time was I spoken to or made aware of any issues. No warning nothing.
That's okay, karma you know what they say about that, during the unemployment hearing he showed how illiterate of a manager he was the woman giving the interview was blown away at how he handled or rather did not handle the situation.
I won the appeal and was awarded unemployment.
God doesn't like ugly.
I realize it was a Blessing in disguise, I didn't know how miserable I was and did not belong there until I was gone.
I had heard about dealerships that run like this where advisors steal or back bite with one another but had never experienced until this.
I see they are advertising for advisors again, someone should teach
  more... them how to keep the good ones for a less of turn over.  less
Political games played.
Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJuly 20, 2019
Perfect job if you want to kiss butt in order to get anywhere, but you better not have any ideas of your own because they will be shot down immediately. If you average out the amount of commute and work time with what you make, you will want to look for another job immediately. I worked no less than 60
N/a
BDC Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2019
The service here has always been good, but their wait time can be a little excessive even if you have an early morning appointment. Also, I’ve had two instances where my car has been serviced and then a short while later I have to have something else done. First time it was something they cleared as good. Second time they said it was same issue, but different location. Overall, they are ok.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
This was a great place to work with people that were "go-getters" and hard workers. Customer service was an expected part of the culture and was exemplified from the top down.
Pros
People and benefits
Cons
Can't think of any.
To much politcs
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
All car dealers seem to have some pretty heavy office politics going on. Especially the family run dealers. As things get more corporate it evens the playing field some.
Pros
Free Food - Good Experience
Cons
Lots of down time, Revolving door at managment
Busy, stressful
Lot Porter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Constantly on the go, tons of walking, always outside in the heat, cold, rain, all weather, got to drive a lot of brand new cars, got to work along side my husband, made some new friends
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
too stressful
One of the best places to work in the auto industry
Director of Risk Management and Insurance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
"Expect the Best" is the company's motto and they mean it. I've been incredibly impressed by the level of commitment to their employees as well as their desire to always do the right thing. There's a lot of pressure to perform with this being a sales oriented business but they give you all of the tools you need to succeed.
Pros
Excellent work enviornment
Cons
Not much company help paying for healthcare
Not good pay
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30341January 15, 2018
The management is fine but the pay is low compared to other similar jobs.
Management was fine and benefits are ok.
I would give a 3 rating.
Job culture is ok
fast paced, competitive, quota based, commission based
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
A fast paced work environment in which the variables are constantly changing. This includes management, policies, staff, compensation structure, etc. Opportunity for advancement during my tenure there was never based on productivity.
Pros
Uncapped commission earning potential, competitive environment and industry, interacting with customers, product updates, market trends
Cons
Bad management, constant restructuring, constant and abrupt changes in procedures
Not your average car dealer
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Excellent company filled with great people.They have a industry
leading way of doing business that is both challenging and rewarding.
"Expect the Best" really does mean something.
A Nice Place to Work
Business Development and E-Commerce Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2017
Everyone is very nice, helpful, and polite. Culture overall is extremely friendly and conscientious. Standards are high, but compensation is likewise, and room to grow and learn are unequaled. The support staff is great too!
Pros
Centrally located, large campus with on site restaurant!
Cons
Parking may be a little limited...
Good fun work place
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Great people to work with. Fun, fast and proactive work environment.
Dealership stays open late and as from desk person you're required to stay until 9pm everyday.
Quick Paced Environment, family owned and operated,hours long
Finance Mgr/Sales Mgr/Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Automotive Retail Sales...that was challenging at times, but with all the people we met and interacted with, was rewarding from a brand that is up and coming.
Company has a very good reputation and is well respected in the community.
Was proud to work here but eventually hours became excessive and it started to effect my work life balance, and family life.
Management tough and unforgiving.
Great Company to work for
Manager, Client Communications Team (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2015
I loved working here because each day presented new challenges. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of my Job was introducing new concepts and change to upper management and buy-in. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and the eagerness from new employees as well as the satisfaction of our customers.
Pros
Very Flexible for families
Cons
Lack of respect for the position itself
Ok
Sales and Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2015
Great, fast paced environment with continuous challenges and learning. Good opportunity to earn management processes, improve your organizational skills and understand in-depth relative customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great, fast paced environment with continuous challenges and learning.
Cons
Long workdays for eficiency and average profit.
Jim Ellis company is a great place to work!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at work is energectic, fun and loving! I enjoy learning different ways to engage in working with people from different societal groups. My co workers treat me as if I am a famiily member. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I am able to meet and greet different people!
Very High class Dealership
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2013
" Nice place to work. Co- workers were awesome! The management staff are very friendly and understanding. Great atmosphere to indulge in, if you like clean, neat, and classy. Even the service port floors are white with show room flooring! You must possess A-List customer service, simply because you will be serving A-list customers."
Pros
great bonus incentives
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jim Ellis Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.