Jim Ellis Auto Group

United States36 reviews

Clear

Jim Ellis Auto Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

This was a great place to work with people that were "go-getters" and hard workers. Customer service was an expected part of the culture and was exemplified from the top down.

Pros

People and benefits

Cons

Can't think of any.

Great Company

Although I no longer work for the Company it was a great was a great experience. Company display and achieve an family love atmosphere between coworkers and customers relations.

Great owners and great coworkers

Jim Ellis Automotive Group is one of the best dealership groups in the country hands down. You will not find another family of owners that cares about their employees and customer the way Jim Ellis and his family does.

Family

Family owned and operated. Great culture with support and room for growth. Strong values, based around integrity and family. I have worked with the Ellis family for over 27 years and my father retired after working 30 years here. You wont find a better automotive group.

To much politcs

All car dealers seem to have some pretty heavy office politics going on. Especially the family run dealers. As things get more corporate it evens the playing field some.

Pros

Free Food - Good Experience

Cons

Lots of down time, Revolving door at managment

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Not good pay

The management is fine but the pay is low compared to other similar jobs. Management was fine and benefits are ok. I would give a 3 rating. Job culture is ok

fast paced, competitive, quota based, commission based

A fast paced work environment in which the variables are constantly changing. This includes management, policies, staff, compensation structure, etc. Opportunity for advancement during my tenure there was never based on productivity.

Pros

Uncapped commission earning potential, competitive environment and industry, interacting with customers, product updates, market trends

Cons

Bad management, constant restructuring, constant and abrupt changes in procedures

A Nice Place to Work

Everyone is very nice, helpful, and polite. Culture overall is extremely friendly and conscientious. Standards are high, but compensation is likewise, and room to grow and learn are unequaled. The support staff is great too!

Pros

Centrally located, large campus with on site restaurant!

Cons

Parking may be a little limited...

Great Company to work for

I loved working here because each day presented new challenges. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of my Job was introducing new concepts and change to upper management and buy-in. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and the eagerness from new employees as well as the satisfaction of our customers.

Pros

Very Flexible for families

Cons

Lack of respect for the position itself

Jim Ellis company is a great place to work!

A typical day at work is energectic, fun and loving! I enjoy learning different ways to engage in working with people from different societal groups. My co workers treat me as if I am a famiily member. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I am able to meet and greet different people!

Very High class Dealership

" Nice place to work. Co- workers were awesome! The management staff are very friendly and understanding. Great atmosphere to indulge in, if you like clean, neat, and classy. Even the service port floors are white with show room flooring! You must possess A-List customer service, simply because you will be serving A-list customers."

Pros

great bonus incentives

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jim Ellis Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9