Jim Ellis Auto Group

United States36 reviews

Clear

Jim Ellis Auto Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Used to be a good company

Health insurance now covers gender reassignment surgery but dropped actually medical issues like CF. The 'woke' policies from the current and future generation of Ellis's is driving away seasoned employees. Senior management also canceled 401k matching for 2022 with reasoning to cover increased heath insurance, although health insurance premiums still rose from previous years. They only way to move up in the company is be family with the Ellis or have gone to high school with them. However you can get promoted by using the company's well practiced procedure of failing upwards.

Pros

Free lunch on mandatory Saturdays

Cons

Heath insurance is a joke. No 401k matching for 2022.

Best car dealership group I’ve ever worked for.

Working at a dealership is always stressful, but Jim Ellis treats their employees better than most. Management is great and always willing to help with any issues

bdc

if I could give the management and inclusion negative stars then I would. The managers have a really weird power complex and like to take out their issues on their employees. If you are a minority of any kind I hope you like having a target on your back while working there.

Management is sub-par

They really only care about the bottom line and making money. Not really if you’re overworked or stressed. They will promise the world and a family atmosphere, but the environment is very stressful and there is very little teamwork. It’s a good fit for some, but there’s no communication, causing problems with clients and when it’s out of your control, you’ll still get blamed.

Pros

Time off, compensation higher than most dealerships, job security (because they don’t hire multiple people)

Cons

Bad management, Covid protocols weren’t taken seriously by management, feeling overworked, no cross training

Service BDC

Very repetitive, management can be flexible with days off. Service department work as a team to provide better service for customers. Overall awesome environment with the service department.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great Organization

Great Company to work for, but limited in growth unless you are part of the inner circle of upper management. Family that owns it is very in touch and great people to work for.

Back stabbers

Horrible company to work for, underhanded, cheaters, disgusting people, I was sexually harassed and it was covered up to protect the one who committed the crime. I have major PTSD from this harassment.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this company is horrible

It is all about who you know. You can be the biggest A hole and get away with murder as long as you are in good standards with the family.

As long as you are a suck up you will do well. If you are not beware of everyone and everything. You will not go far with this company even if you do your job. You need to be in with the family and the minions.

This place has no room to grow, and management is trash, very lazy and useless

Management had done nothing for my entire employment to make things better, they don't do anything and they are lazy. Like I said there is no room to grow and you will not get offered a raise. Only a handful of people who are close with the Ellis family will make good money

Would not increase the appointments

The per hour was okay but they kept saying that they increased the appointments. Caught the service manager in a lie twice. They were too afraid of carry overs. No reason for the Marietta store guys turning 75+ hours a week and we saw 25 on week and maybe 40+ the next. Some of the other techs would get stuck on s car they would wait for a easy brake job.

Pros

Free lunch on Saturday other employees

Cons

Not enough work

This particular position you are invisible

Lack of pay. Pay was cut down to barely anything for BDC. The current GM does not care for this dept. He doesn't see the value of the dept. I feel and so do others still working in this dept feel as though its only there because the ELLIS FAMILY has them in other locations. Make sure you do not go to management with concerns because you are not heard out and they dont care.

Pros

Same pizza lunch on Saturdays

Cons

Low pay, open till 9pm, ignored as employee, told you cannot speak to anyway above the GM or instantly terminated

Thieves different policies for different people

During the interview I gave my salary expectations. I was told that I would greatly exceed that. Only to make less than a crew worker at a fast food joint, to many advisors perhaps? Other senior advisors would take work out of your name and put in theirs without recourse. I confronted advisor when management would not. Different standards and policy treatment for some. I had highest maintained CSI score and never had a complaint from a customer. I was praised one minute and literally 2 hours later was called into office and fired, being told because of our earlier discussion, which was how slow business was, so i'm thinking okay I understand new kid on the block so I have to be laid off. Only when I get home and read my separation notice it says due to customer handling. I am thinking manager made a mistake, when I contacted him about this, he stated no it was correct. Not one time was I spoken to or made aware of any issues. No warning nothing. That's okay, karma you know what they say about that, during the unemployment hearing he showed how illiterate of a manager he was the woman giving the interview was blown away at how he handled or rather did not handle the situation. I won the appeal and was awarded unemployment. God doesn't like ugly. I realize it was a Blessing in disguise, I didn't know how miserable I was and did not belong there until I was gone. I had heard about dealerships that run like this where advisors steal or back bite with one another but had never experienced until this. I see they are advertising for advisors again, someone should teach -

Work summary

Diagnosis and service of VWs. Learned to be a master tech Okay management Favoritism was played Diagnosis of vehicles was the most difficult part Working on and repairing cars

Pros

Good pay and benefits, fresh air

Cons

Favoristism, lower pay for the work performed

To much politcs

All car dealers seem to have some pretty heavy office politics going on. Especially the family run dealers. As things get more corporate it evens the playing field some.

Pros

Free Food - Good Experience

Cons

Lots of down time, Revolving door at managment

Not good pay

The management is fine but the pay is low compared to other similar jobs. Management was fine and benefits are ok. I would give a 3 rating. Job culture is ok

fast paced, competitive, quota based, commission based

A fast paced work environment in which the variables are constantly changing. This includes management, policies, staff, compensation structure, etc. Opportunity for advancement during my tenure there was never based on productivity.

Pros

Uncapped commission earning potential, competitive environment and industry, interacting with customers, product updates, market trends

Cons

Bad management, constant restructuring, constant and abrupt changes in procedures

Quick Paced Environment, family owned and operated,hours long

Automotive Retail Sales...that was challenging at times, but with all the people we met and interacted with, was rewarding from a brand that is up and coming. Company has a very good reputation and is well respected in the community. Was proud to work here but eventually hours became excessive and it started to effect my work life balance, and family life. Management tough and unforgiving.

Great Company to work for

I loved working here because each day presented new challenges. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of my Job was introducing new concepts and change to upper management and buy-in. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and the eagerness from new employees as well as the satisfaction of our customers.

Pros

Very Flexible for families

Cons

Lack of respect for the position itself

Ok

Great, fast paced environment with continuous challenges and learning. Good opportunity to earn management processes, improve your organizational skills and understand in-depth relative customer satisfaction.

Pros

Great, fast paced environment with continuous challenges and learning.

Cons

Long workdays for eficiency and average profit.

Very High class Dealership

" Nice place to work. Co- workers were awesome! The management staff are very friendly and understanding. Great atmosphere to indulge in, if you like clean, neat, and classy. Even the service port floors are white with show room flooring! You must possess A-List customer service, simply because you will be serving A-list customers."

Pros

great bonus incentives

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jim Ellis Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Jim Ellis Auto Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?