Jim Palmer Trucking Employee Reviews

Great Company for OTR
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 17, 2018
I loved my experience at Jim Palmer They do everything they can to make the experience positive with rider and pet policies and you get to travel the country while making money!
Working for a trucking company....
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 21, 2018
It was another good experience to gain and I was able to meet new people and see a different side of life for my community and those drivers that travel the entire US in order to make deliveries for the nation.
Enjoyed my time there
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 6, 2018
I went through their training program. It was all that I was told it would be. Always had good miles and dispatcher always knew me and was ready to help me out.
fun place to work for.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 3, 2017
Way up in Missoula Montana it was a nice drive from my home in Washington to Missoula, I think I would drive up there one more time if they give me a chance to get in the truck and drive it around first to see what its like before getting a load on.
best managment ever
Recruiter and Sales Promote (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 27, 2017
i loved working at JPT the overall experience was second to none. i loved the management style as well as the pay and benefits. if it was up to me i would still work there.
Pros
management
Cons
hours
not for me
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 17, 2017
This was not a good fit for me. JPT may be a fine company, but that was not my experience.
I was out from home for 5 weeks, not earning as much income as I require. The truck did not have a refrigerator, so food is always a challenge.
Pros
few
Cons
away from home 5+weeks, low pay
Free showers , weight room , television room with D.V.D. player. Fair amount of miles.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 4, 2017
I enjoy driving around the 13 western states delivering products to and from customers, and being able to see and get some beautiful pictures of country sites. I also get to meet a lot of interesting people from different states.
Pros
Country sites, meeting new people every day, Having fun.
Cons
Always driving alot.
Normal Driver Position
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 5, 2017
Jim Palmer was a good job. The low per mileage rate was offset by the consistency of miles every week. The only problem I had was that they did not offer an attractive owner operator program.
Pros
Consistent Paycheck
Cons
Low per mileage rate
was a great place to work.
Truckdriver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 15, 2017
loved it there, its just my family needed me home more . i loved the people and everything about the company. they took care of their drivers and made you feel like family.
Pros
good equipment, pay
Cons
the time away.
its been awhile
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 15, 2017
when i was there in 2013-2014. salina shop was closed, denver closed. then i left. they joined with prime, not sure how that worked out....beware i guess, do homework.
good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 18, 2016
great company before it was sold to a private family. when i worked there it was good, the ceo was very kind and thought highly of his drivers. great newer equipment and good pay. hometime was also good.
Pros
great equipment and good pay
Cons
had to fight for hometime
A very fair company
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 19, 2016
Been working at Jim Palmer for 3 years now and im proud to say its the best trucking company ive ever worked for. the dispatchers care about you and getting you good paying loads. the in-house employees are real nice and accommodating when i come through the terminals. free laundry/showers/ weight room is a welcome comfort when passing through terminal.
Pros
family atmosphere, new equipment, good miles and pay, free laundry
Cons
if you pass up loads, you will regret it. Take 1st load they offer you!!
Crooks
Driver (Former Employee) –  MontanaSeptember 3, 2016
Don't waist your time or money.
They promise to pay for your transportation to orientation, promise to pay for orientation, give you a room that is a picture out of the late 60s. Insist that you pay for a sleep study test (not DOT required). When you refuse to fork over any more money at their expense, they leave you stranded.
BE WARNED !!!
Cons
Thieves. Liars
Truck driving is a life style, not a job... You got to be in it for the long haul!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MT 59808July 13, 2016
A day in the life of a truck driver is long hours on the road. Especially for an Over the Road driver. Its about being a self starter, motivated to get the job done; cause the cargo will only get there by your will alone.
The hardest part of the job was being away from family. You would only get home infrequently. But the enjoyable aspect is to see this beautiful country of ours. You go places most people would never think of going to in their life.
Pros
Site seeing, freedom of the job
Cons
long hours, bad food, lack of compaionship
Otr
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 17, 2016
OTR driving is hard on family life I would not recommend it for a married person The hardest part for me was the midnight to dawn driving take a break prep your unit and change the schedule to a day run all within a 36 hour span . Next was the separation from my family. After 25 days in the truck I hated it and the job
Pros
See the country
Cons
OFF time to short
They do try
Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 27, 2016
I have been with wil trans / him Palmer for over 5 years good company and they do care. The new dispatchers do know that you are going through allot of stuff on the road and don't try to tell you how to run . but keep in mind they are a growing company and when you call your not the only driver on you dispatch board and the sun does not rise or set on you. They are a good bunch of guys. They do care
Pros
Do care. Willing to help when you need
Cons
No snack machine at terminal lol
Greatest company ever
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 17, 2015
Hard working, professional and fun, the group here is amazing. I have never loved a job so much as I love the one I have here. They have really taught me how important drivers are to our world and how much respect they deserve.
Pros
best company to work for
Best company ever
HR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 17, 2015
I can not say enough about how great this company is. The owners work harder than anyone I have ever met. It is a positive, professional, fun and exciting place to work. They have taught me to understand our drivers, and not only to respect them, but truly value them. I can not thank Jim Palmer Trucking enough for being an oasis to drivers, and giving me insight to the core of what runs out country- the trucking industry.
Pros
not enough room here to list!
Cons
none, it is by far the best company I have worked with
This was 5 Years ago.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 30, 2015
Was the best place to work around. You were family. Jim was always concerned about his drivers well being. Now under differnt management so I am not sure.
Pros
Best in Class.
Cons
long runs
Good place to work, plenty of miles, bonuses
Truck Driver - OTR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 18, 2014
I do enjoy working for this company, however the balance between work and home/life is not what works for me.
Pros
Miles, Bonuses, pay
Cons
hometime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jim Palmer Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

Jim Palmer Trucking Reviews by Location