Jim Trenary Chevrolet

employeepaymanagementworkjobplacepeopleenvironment

Jim Trenary Chevrolet insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Certain coworkers are great others are not

Good place to get your experience other than that not much else. Certain managers are decent others arent. Expect you to handle all problem by yourself with no backup or support.

The people here make it more than just a job. They makes the work fun and interesting. It's a great place to work because of the people.

While working at Jim Trenary Chevrolet, I've had the opportunity to learn about various aspects of sales and service. There are many different challenges that can be addressed in this dealership with both long hours as well as fun opportunities for advancement! The people here make it so much more than just another job; they're great friends too which makes all those late nights worth while (especially since we get paid better). If you want an awesome place where your life will matter even beyond work then this is a place you will find a home.

Fun and productive work enivronment

The willingness to help others in a fun, fast paced environment! Managers and pay are great. Room to grow. Co-workers turn into friends. Never a dull moment !

Encouraging Company

Any Job is stressful to a point. Whether you can handle it or not depends on your environment around you and the people you are surrounded by. Here, the management makes sure to keep you grounded and supported. Jim Trenary is a great atmosphere to work in. The employees here are team players and it shows! Offering help for things outside of their certain job description. You can always count on your co-workers around you for anything here.

Pros

Fun Staff

Cons

Parking on the street

Huge Focus on Employees, Training, and Retention...FUN Environment, too!

We work hard, and sometimes long hours, but it doesn't feel like a burden! Ownership and Management are very good to their dedicated employees! As long as you come prepared to WORK, you will find loyalty amongst your coworkers and be made to feel like "part of the family". My favorite thing is seeing a united front from all departments to improve the areas that have been perceived as a downfall to past employees, ultimately leading to retention issues...training and retention are a hot button now, we are hiring with a focus on people who will be here for the long haul, and we are leading by example to promote a new and improved morale amongst coworkers. We also have the #1 Social Media Guru in all of the car business managing our social media platforms to share the love happening here throughout the land!! The vibe is positive, business is growing, and we are all having a good time hustling to keep the momentum going!!

Pros

Challenging, Fun, Flexible, Training, Fair, $

Cons

No daycare onsite ;)

Poor Management

Rude employees there. Couldn't get respect from co-workers and no support from management. Basically expected to deal with it because they're good at their job. A lot of two-faced drama also. Made the work environment very uncomfortable.

Internet Sales manager

Internet Sales Manager, working inbound internet sales leads, chats, and inbound phone calls. Fun working there , and really liked everyone I worked with. I made more money there than at any job I have had prior to that. Hours are longer than 40 hour work week- but I chose to do that myself so I could sell more vehicles and make more money.

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work. Management talks to you like you're garbage. Dishonest about pay when you're initially hired. High turn over rate do to these factors as well as others. Do not work here

Terrible management that works you like a slave

Management continues to take in more cars than they can handle and show little effort to hire techs or support help. The manager shows up in the morning to take a handful of tickets to the shop then disappears for hours at lunch wi

Pros

Can make good money if you can keep your sanity

Cons

Litterally EVERYTHING

Its a good job

Lots of hours, rewarding at the end of the day. Love my co-workers, pay could be brought up a little though. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me.

Watch your back employees have no worth or value.

Watch your back employees have no worth or value.Thought it would have been a lot better experience and definitely longer lived. Ohhhh well moving forward.

Don’t work there they are terrible

They hire jiffy lube techs and have like 1 gm certified tech and every car comes back because the techs are incompetent I was there a year and they went through 3 service managers no one knows what they are doing a lot of unhappy customers they done care about there employees

The work environment is terrible.

I would just recommend avoiding this dealership. Due to management the work environment is hostile and they are always looking for ways to cheat you out of money.

Stressful, toxic, low pay.

For many many reasons this job isn’t worth the stress it puts on you. For all I know my experience is different than others but I can only speak for what I know. And that’s this was one of the most mismanaged companies I’ve ever worked for. The management team was extremely unprofessional. The job itself is a joke. They assume every customer is an idiot and will lay down to whatever they say. They lie to customers and employees. Dealing with the management was the hardest and the best part of my day was going home.

Pros

Had free work done to vehicle

Zero Training, Zero Leadership

If you're just learning about the car business and just started out this is the worst place that you could possibly go to further your career. The training is non existent and the management team has no sense of urgency to help them with what they're doing. Then they get upset and flustered, start yelling at all the sales associates because they don't understand that they need to train people and not get so upset. The car business isn't for everyone and it's tough to learn it's not something that can be done without guidence. The Compensation plan is very LOW. On a new car you will make $100, they include GM money "SFE" in their pay plan but to be completely honest that money is a bonus and is FAR from guaranteed, they can delete you from the program and anything you have in the account is now gone. Used cars you can make some money but that's few and far between, if you get the opportunity to sell used Cars. Many other dealerships offer 200-300 minimum commissions in the STL Area so look around before you settle. They expect you to raise the price 2,250-2,500 over internet price for rebates the customer doesn't qualify for, but at the end of the day if you raise the price and close the deal 2,500 over internet price you're still getting $100. Most employee's are fun to be around but they all know that they should make more money. They don't care about who produces and who doesn't, they believe that everyone is replaceable, which is probably why the turnover rate is so high. It's tough to find good employees that want to stay when you make $100 a car, don't offer -

Stable and great environment

I have made a great living working here at Jim Trenary Chevrolet. Great team of employees that are fun to be around and they truly want all employees to do well and make great money! And I have seen plenty of employees be promoted from within.

Incredible place to work!

This place is awesome! It’s a fun, challenging and rewarding place to work! Great people who really care about what they do! A lot of room to grow and advance also.

Fun people, challenging and rewarding

The people are great, and it can be a lot of fun. Lots of challenges with lots of opportunities for advancement, with hard work and positive outlook. Parts, Service, and even Sales have good hours (sales hours have less hours worked than most dealerships) Compensation, pay plans, and benefits are higher than dealerships in the mid west market and yearly raises, and or bonus programs are abundant. Overall a very energetic and fun place to work, and a great dealership to create a career path with.

Pros

People and opportunities for growth

Cons

must be able to deal with the public

I enjoyed working there.

I enjoyed working there mainly because of my coworkers. We worked together nicely. The office manager was amazing also. I did not like the hours you have to work because I did not get home until 6:45 in the evening, which made it hard to make dinner and get my kids ready for bed.

Great place to work as long as the floor isnt flooded

The pay plan is one of the best in the industry. 30% of front end gross on every deal. 10 car quota. Expect to work a ton of hours to make your quota.

Very stressfull and high exspectations for low pay. Zero advancement and poor management.

Never seen a dealership ran this way where nothing is organized and expectations are high without any benefits from it. Wouldn't be a bad place to work if the employer would fix these problems. Cannot live on the ammount of pay that is given and annual raises aren't enough to matter

Common questions about Jim Trenary Chevrolet

Answered by current and former employees at Jim Trenary Chevrolet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jim Trenary Chevrolet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Jim Trenary Chevrolet Reviews by Location

Learn about Jim Trenary Chevrolet in popular locations

• Jim Trenary Chevrolet
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?