Jimmy Jazz
67Average

Jimmy Jazz Employee Reviews for Cashier

Working at Jimmy Jazz is a laid back good job. The customers are not hard to accommodate. The working staff isn’t hard to get along with either. The management is also welcoming and good workers!
Pros
Discount
Cons
It can be slow at tim
In my opinion, this would've been a great job to work at due to the fact that it's retail, gain of knowledge and a great experience. Also, knowing that if you are into shoes, it gives you the opportunity to interact with the customers of Greenville. Unfortunately, the management sucks and employees aren't as friendly as needed to be. You can't expect customers to shop within this company if the help and friendliness isn't there. However, some of the employees are extremely nice and helpful and don't judge you for minor mistakes that you create.
It was just an learning experience for me taught me how to work in different environments I liked it just had to find something better that actually paid more
Besides them cutting hours tremendously, it was ok. Definitely a job for someone without responsibilities of ANY kind. Scheduling rarely rotated, so any given time one person closes every weekend for a month straight sometimes.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Helping people and seeing if their doing okay with finding everything. Workplace culture...its a very chill vibe the most enjoyable thing about this job is helping people out.
Pros
Discounts
Typical day boring. What I learned was more about shoes & people. Managemen is aite. Workplace is cool. Hardest part of job was coming in. The most enjoyable of the job was the co workers.
job was okay,definitely temp not hard fun work environment good place to start off can be annoying when store gets busy no comission off sales but it should be
its okay hours aren't that great, the working experinece is worth it love working with my coworkers. The hours isnt great due to the store barely making day
ideal job for a teen definitely not a career job ok work environment. pay is low management not so great. Very big disconnect between management and employees
The company overall is horrible. Poor management Horrible Environment Favoritism New hires get more hours than the old employees No raise No benefits No paid vacation Schedule varies Very little hours. Don't work off of commission yet they make you work as if we get commission Very little pay.
Pros
Employee Discount (20%)
Cons
Horrible place to work
Working at Jimmy jazz for me was a great fit because like most of my co-workers I love shoes and fashion. Along with loving to help others make decision on what would be the perfect shoe for them and why. I cant imagine a better working environment. Above all else Jimmy Jazz is a great job and experience to have.
Jimmy jazz is a real cool place for teens to work but not adult. They don't play enough for me to be here anymore. They real fair work around yo school schedule and everything.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Befits
they don't really work unless needed too they will be no where found when needed they leave you when it a big crowd they don't help customers they make you do all of the work and you won't get paid enough
Pros
fine girls i work with and get to see
Cons
the managers, the pay rate, the coworks, and the discount
On the weekends we have fun listening to the radio and joking around. It is very laid back and slow paced during the week. My job is not hard at all its so easy,
Pros
Music
Cons
Short breaks
Greeting and assisting customers is your number one priority as a Jimmy Jazz employee. If customers don't need help you are to keep busy dusting, folding clothes, straightening hanging displays, keeping shoes on walls even, and other tasks. With a large number of employees, between 4-12 hours were allotted to each non-management team member during my time of employment. The manager is amazing and does her best to work around your schedule, but she will not tolerate foolishness, excuses, tardiness, and lack of effort while you are on the clock. You are to remain professional at all times, being sure to assist customers multiple times while they shop. The hardest part of the job is getting to know where each shoe is kept because the shelves aren't labelled. The most enjoyable part is helping customers find exactly what they are looking for.
Manager was sexist and racist. Benefits were unfair and not much security to advance. The job was easy and I acquired great social skills and financial skills.
This job is a great opportunity for me to keep money in my pocket. I enjoy the staff they're warm and loving to be accompanied with, the job is not easy but it kept me stable through college
Horrible store service and stressful hours of standing for my position. They terminated me from the company just because i had quiet for being pregnant. i had a valid excuse and they terminated me. stood there from 11am to closing.
A typical day at work was nothing but giggles, I truly loved the people i worked with at Jimmy Jazz. I learned more about customer service, Management team was good overall.The hardest part was dealing with ungrateful customers. Most enjoyable part at work was feeling that i wasn't really at work. i really enjoyed myself.
Pros
Time went by fast.
Cons
Having to stay past closing time.
At jimmy jazz there's not a typical day, we could get shipment 3 days a week which can be up to 80 boxes. we have to make sure the store is clean and that things are organized, sometimes we get customers that are really nice and is fun to get to know them, but we also get people that can be in a bad mood but we do not let them get to us
Jimmy Jazz is an urban shoe and clothing store. Most people know Jimmy Jazz for the entertaining music they play in the store. I was able to learn more about the system and work on my customer service. Jimmy Jazz has a very exciting and outgoing atmosphere!