Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Found 5,482 reviews matching the search See all 5,490 reviews
Good place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hemlock, MINovember 12, 2018
Jimmy Johns is a good job to learn people skills. It is also a place to learn organization skills and how to do your job accurately and be consistent. Teaches young employees how to adapt to the working world.
Not a very good place to work
84th street General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 12, 2018
Jimmy John's doesn't pay very well or treat their employees very well. They don't have any benefits or rewards for hard work. They don't let you call in sick unless you get your shift covered. You will get written up if you call in sick without coverage or a doctors note.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Low pay rate
Pretty nice place to work!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILNovember 11, 2018
My favorite job I’ve had! It’s fun working fast paced with each other, and just hanging out when it’s slow at night. Fairly easy job and people are usually very nice. Food is really good too!
Pros
Fast hands on job
Cons
Little room for advancement
Relaxed, easy first job
Inshop (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTNovember 10, 2018
This was a really good first job for high school students. It doesn't require as much as some of the bigger fast food places do. However, they don't manage labor well and have a good chance of sending you home early a lot.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Wont likely do your full shift
Good place to work. Friendly people
Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 10, 2018
Tips can be good sometimes especially if working lunch shift in downtown Lansing. I like the ability to drive and be able to have time with the Lord as I drive
Pros
Ability to have personal time with Jesus as I drive
Cons
Cussing/dirty talk in the store
It's all who you know
Manager of Staff Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 9, 2018
Feels like you are walking on eggshells at all times, everyone is only motivated by money. They do not set you up for success and have high expectations. Everyone is low on sleep and running off of caffeine.
Pros
same free sandwiches
Cons
45+ hours every week
Decent but needs improvement
Fort Worth Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2018
It's a basic fast food job but could always use room for employee growth and benefits. The flexible hours and schedule were very nice but different store locations could have completely different styles of schedules or management.
Very laid back
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 9, 2018
I loved working here, co workers were fun and professional. I loved the laid back atmosphere. It isnt too busy either so you are bombarded. It was a great place.
Pros
Free lunches when working all day.
Cons
Split shifts
Very relaxed place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 9, 2018
Plenty to keep you busy but overall a very laid back environment, low reward, but low stress. Definitely would suggest this job to someone seeking part-time work.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Low reward
Its okay when youre young.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 8, 2018
My work and life balance has been horrible. As a manager you'd think they would be more concerned with you having your own life outside of work, which is not the case. Great for young people starting out and delivery drivers.
Pros
Awesome crew members
Cons
Low wages
Quick pace and friendly place
Food Handler/Cashier/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 8, 2018
Working at Jimmy John's a day at work is pretty fast. You learn to flow and serve with a smile. Good management is expected and Jimmy John's has it. The hardest part is making the food fast enough to keep up with the customer's orders. The best part is the friendly people.
Pros
Customer appreciation
Fast Pace, good management, low pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 8, 2018
It can be slow or really busy, hit or miss. Fun employees, amazing managers, clean work environment. the hardest part was just the pay, I feel like for the work that was expected from you was more than you were paid to do.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Kingman AZNovember 8, 2018
Great place to work part-time and if you're looking for some quick income during schooling. Fast paced and ever demanding, a rewarding experience for the hardworking
Pros
Free lunches with double shifts
Cons
No breaks unless there are no customers
Low pay, but a fun place to work
In Shop (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 7, 2018
If you don't advance, you will likely only make about $8.00/hr. Despite that, you will work very closely with other employees, and make friends.

What you are allowed to do varies slightly depending on the owner. For example, I had an accident on my driving record that prevented the shop owner from considering me for delivery driving in Eau Claire, but the owner at the Menomonie location didn't care. Despite this, the friendly atmosphere felt identical at both locations.
It was a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 7, 2018
Short hours,unless you close.other than that it's a good place to work. Got a couple raises in the process.fun for the most part, pretty easy to. All you need to do is be able to work
it was a good job overall
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 7, 2018
it was pretty good job. the pay was okay. the staff was okay. it was kinda like being at a party 24/7. it guess it depends on who your boss is. i guess the pay sucked but, you are working fast food
Pros
free food
Cons
pay
Very fun work place, everyone was very friendly.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MINovember 7, 2018
I connected with a lot of people here. The management was very nice and understanding down to earth people. I wish I didn’t have to leave but I needed to find a place to help with better money. 10/10 would recommend
Pros
If you worked 8 hours you would get a free meal.
Cons
Depending on the area it’s hard to find people to cover shifts.
Fun Productive fast paced place to work
Sandwich Delivery Driver/Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98337November 7, 2018
Jimmy Johns is a fun fast paced place to work that involves a lot of team effort from the delivery drivers to the sandwich makers to the meat/vegetable cutters to the manager.
Alright place to work cool Co workers
Food Server (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 6, 2018
I don't feel like I was getting paid enough. Especially with kids and trying to move. The managers don't care about anything. Always have attitudes of some sort. I left cause 8ph Couldnt help me or my kids out much.
Pros
Discounts
Great Company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for if you can find the right work / life balance. If you get involved and can buy in to the company, the sky is the limits overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.9K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jimmy John's Sandwiches.

Powered by Comparably