Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Found 5,711 reviews matching the search See all 5,719 reviews
Great workplace with good employee to employee interaction
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 15, 2019
all in all a good company to grow and learn in! great customer service and lots of room for growth. easy to learn and advance in! 10/10 would recommend for others trying to learn the industry or to start on for a first job!
Pros
free lunch, good hours
Employee's
Employee (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2019
Everyone I work with have positive attitudes and don't let their outside life affect them at work. Everyone comes to work with a smile on their face. people make the job easy for me and the people work very hard each day.
Pros
Positive attittudes
Fast-paced, fun place to work.
Delivery Driver/ Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJanuary 15, 2019
Working at Jimmy John's offers a flexible set of shifts and a great work environment. There's always something to being doing, so the time passes easy. And the management are all super willing to help you with schedules and when you're looking for more hours or responsibility.
Enjoyable job
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Jimmy Johns was a good place to work they treated everyone fair, the management cared about what was going on and how everything was being done. The workplace culture was well kept and everyone had a place and knew their responsibility.
Poor management and no benefits
Inshop/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 15, 2019
You get almost no hours, pay is to the mininum, you are forced to sign an arbirtrary agreement or you are fired, zero benefits to the job only thing i would recommend is being a driver because you get to leave the store
Wouldn’t recommend working here.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Gave this company 4 years of my life I can’t get back,started as an assistant manager and ended as one,there’s no job security and you can be moved to a different store without notice,the regional manager is so unprofessional and moves managers around to different stores without discussion,they don’t appreciate their employees and treated us like we were replaceable!
Pros
Sandwiches I guess
Cons
No job security, you’re not appreciated here and used as a work mule!
Fun to work at but it'll consume your life
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2019
To be perfectly honest Jimmy John's is kind of a cult. They even joke about "drinking the Kool-aid" when you go to management training. It's a good job but it's kind of demanding and on the whole it doesn't really end up being the pay that makes you stick around.
fun and friendly divers enviornment nice atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I learned to be more patient and humble a typical day is fairly easy and fast paced the culture is divers and fun and friendly customers are regulars and we know what they are ordering before they order for the most part
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Delivery Driver/Inshop (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Working at Jimmy Johns was an experience of a lifetime. Every single person that worked there was a different kind of person from a different background yet everyone was friends. It was the coolest thing. You got to go to work everyday with your friends, you can't beat that. I learned a lot about my own work ethic along with many others that worked with me including my managers. My managers were the best people who would literally do anything to help you out. I loved work there.
A laid back job that depends entirely on tips.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2019
Its an alright job, certainly not my worst job. There is a lack of management and organization. Good luck being trained you almost have to know the guy for him to be interested in showing you the ropes.
Pros
50% off sandwhich when you work over 4hr
Cons
Its jimmy johns, lack of training, coworkers calling in everyday
Company has no idea what they’re doing
Inshop/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 13, 2019
I’ve worked here for two years and have never been offered a management position. Jimmy Johns goes through managers a lot because they don’t pay managers what they deserve, so every time a new manager comes in I miss my opportunity. Days are stressful when it’s busy, and most days when it’s super slow there’s nothing to do. The managers expect too much if you’re inshop. The drivers are favorited over inshop and it seems they can do whatever they please. Training is horrible and the management solely relies on the employees to train new ones. Although, this company does bring in all types of people, and I’ve met friends and my boyfriend from working here. It’s an amazing atmosphere to work in it’s just stressful to have to deal with changes every week to the menu or rules and managers leaving constantly.
Pros
50% off discount, good environment, fast paced
Cons
New manager every other week, no requested time off, schedule <5 hour shifts
It was okay
Sub Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I didn't work there for too long, but it wasn't anything i liked or dreaded. Every employee had to do all around duties like make sandwiches, clean, and set up meat with the slicers.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJanuary 12, 2019
Simply, empathy was lacking. The layout of the company works. I think I just was at the wrong store at the wrong time. I have spoken with plenty of other Jimmy Johns employees that have had similar issues, but overall the work environment is great if you can self teach and understand basic store management with little help from upper management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor communication
Very productive
Delivery Driver / Sandwich Maker / Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 12, 2019
Workplace was nice, clean and the people were friendly. Not too hard to grasp the job duties. When there aren't any people coming in or no orders it gets pretty boring but thats applicable to most jobs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
love it
Overall not the best job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 12, 2019
Jimmy johns was slow I work to work in a fast paced and with jimmy johns I couldnt do that they didnt really have any customers and I had to just stand in one spot unless told to go out to my lobby and clean and little to no females worked there but its good for when your in college but something you cant pay all your bills on
Pros
The crew was awesome
Cons
No business
Fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 11, 2019
Quick-pace with good people too work with, can get slow at times but the people make it worth it. Good for a part-time job, delivery drivers would benefit from a good car
Pros
employee discount
Cons
difficult to get shift covered sometimes
Overall good experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 11, 2019
Only worked at JJ's for a short period of time and it was my first college job. It was a positive experience overall, but I needed to leave due to a better job opportunity. It was stressful at times during busy hours, and the pay wasn't so great, but I enjoyed most of my working there.
Pros
Collaborative, Somewhat fun
Cons
pay
Fun workplace.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 11, 2019
Jimmy Johns is a fun fast paced place to work. Easy work, low pay. Temporary job until I can find something that has better opportunities. The food is good, the management is easy to work for.
Wouldnt work again
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Wouldnt mind working here but they take advantage and cut hours . The pay is unfair and not enough to make a living off of you get 4 hours a day or less 2 checks a week . like how you expect to pay bills etc
Pros
You have diacounts like 2 $ off a sub
Cons
No breaks n if you do you have to clock out
learned how to be freaky fast
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 11, 2019
freaky fast is a must and youll get the hang of it as you go. I did dishes n delivery's pretty fast. youll be tested on the menu but its pretty easy so good luck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jimmy John's Sandwiches.

Powered by Comparably