Jimmy John's Sandwiches

Based on 3,089 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Was an ok first job

I worked at Jimmy Johns while I was in high school. It was a pretty easy job. I was there for less than five months because I received another job offer. My duties mostly included cleaning and wrapping sandwiches. They didn't trust me to cut or make sandwiches unless we were super busy.

Pros

Easy going, and helpful coworkers

Cons

PICs aren't the best managers

delivery driver held hostage

ended up being one of THREE delivery drivers working at my location. didn't make enough to even fix my car, let alone keep up with bills. only reason i stayed as long as i did was for the people, bless their souls for working as hard as they did. i loved being out on the road, and the job was easy. management was awful, and they picked favorites.

Pros

free food, worked with friends

Cons

short breaks, manipulative management

Very standard chain

Not the worst or best place to work. Management does not care about you but that is true of all chain restaurants. Jimmy John's is an easy place to get stuck.

Pros

Free Sandwich

Cons

Job weighs heavily on soul

Ok

honestly the pay was so bad for the amount of work we had to do especially vonsidering the whole store was run by highschoolers at the time with barely any adult supervision

Amazing culture for the stores in Stuart, SLW and Fort Pierce

The owner of this company generally cares for you, your advancement, and your skillset. If you come into the industry with vigor, and the yearning to learn and grow, you will.

Pros

Discount

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great people

I worked with a great crew of people and I wouldn't have left if I didn't have to. They were very positive and were ready to let me advance based on skills and not experience.

Pros

The people

Cons

Its costumer service

It is what it is, good job for students

Good first job for a high school student, relatively flexible schedule and fun coworkers. One thing I didn’t like was they paid me less than minimum wage because I was under 18 at the time, Also sometimes customers can be mean but that could have just been the area I was in

Good short-term job

(Bridgeport Jimmy John’s)The vast majority of my coworkers are super cool and really nice and helpful. My GM works really hard but gets on my nerves sometimes. The work itself is well-suited to me personally. On busy days you typically take 3-5 orders on one delivery, on slow days you spend a lot of time in the shop. If you’re gonna be a driver or sandwich maker, GET GOOD SHOES!! You’re on your feet a lot and shoes can make or break the bearability of the job. You interact briefly with a lot of random people so if that’s difficult for you bc of anxiety or anything I’d recommend something else. Good hearing is a necessity, the shop is usually quite noisy and customers on register and phones are hard to understand. Tips are pretty good. I usually make $20 on weekdays and around $40 on weekends. Weekdays you’ll be delivering mostly to businesses and weekends mostly to residential areas. I looove how familiar with the area this job is making me get. You don’t have to know anything about their menu to join- I'd never been in a Jimmy John’s before. As a team member you’ll also be doing smaller tasks when not on delivery, like cleaning, restocking, etc. you’ll also be on register and phones. You get to know the system pretty quick but it’s okay to make mistakes. Hope this is helpful!

Pros

Tips, good team, short hours

Cons

Extremely fast-paced (freaky fast), learning curve

Sometimes Acceptable, Often Times Mediocre

Training is dependent upon whomever is willing to step up to the plate, often times with no involvement from the managers; Hours can change at the drop of a hat (with mine changing 3-4 times just in the first 2 weeks); Customers can be fairly rude even when in the “wrong,” causing unnecessary strife; Decent for a first time job but managers, drivers, and in-shoppers alike are overworked.

Pros

Pleasant coworkers

Cons

Low pay, lack of flexibility/cover for shifts, no concrete training, rude customers

High Stress for low pay

When it got busy, it was very stressful, especially bc my particular location was very understaffed. The few people with me though were good to work with, and i loved my gm.

Low wages, short hours, and no benefits

The People are just fine, good people. Everything else has been pretty unsatisfactory, such as low wages, treatment of employees, and benefits. when we needed assistance during covid 19, they gave hazard pay to non-front line workers. If you need to have good pay, and good benefits keep looking.

it's just a job

It's just a normal, fast-food job. Typical day is making sandwiches and restocking chips and fountain drinks from time-to-time. My store had us clean while we worked as well. Management was okay, a bit unorganized. Hardest part was cleaning all the time. Enjoyable part was some of my co-workers, they were pretty funny.

Pros

some discounts

Cons

you can't eat the food

Good company

I worked with really awesome people, including the owners. At the time I didn’t earn much, but they recently increased the pay which is good. It’s not meant to be a career job unless you are a manager. You shouldn’t expect to receive a big paycheck. A great part time job for a little extra cash.

Pros

The people

Cons

The pay

Feels like a family, fun environment, easy work.

Depending on your position, most shifts range from 4-8 hours. The job is incredibly easy, work and tasks are straight forward and consistent. If you like to have the comfort of knowing that not much will change on a day to day basis, this is the job for you. It’s a great job to have if you’re a student, or want to get some management experience without it being overwhelming or difficult. The store owner is very kind, helpful and forgiving of mistakes when they’re made. He is on a first name basis with his long term employees, and is quick to lend a helping hand if it’s needed. Anytime I have a question about the job, I feel comfortable calling him to ask for guidance. I would recommend working here, and do not look forward to the day I leave.

Pros

Free employee meals for shifts over 4 hrs, delivery drivers make good tips, management is nice and helpful.

Cons

No benefits unless you’re a General Manager

Fun

I liked working here. Fun, fast paced, works well with student schedules! Only complaint I had about to was the pay. I felt like they could have paid more. But you can’t expect high pay in fast food.

Good starting job

Doesn’t pay the best in the world but good future and nice people. Overall good experience working there, management is very nice and understanding, always gave me time off if I gave them enough notice.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fast paced

Over worked

Overworkerd with little pay. GM is lazy and doesn’t set you up for success. Coworkers don’t understand there job so they just sit around. It’s hard to be a good worker and just sit and watch these things

Pros

Cons

Over worked

bad place to work

Management sucks, there jerks to you all the time, they don’t care about you, all they care about is there paychecks, they don’t help out ever, especially closing

Pros

Cons

too many

Jimmy John’s was a great job!

I spent 10 years working for this company and it was a lot of fun. Many hours of hard work but still a lot of fun. Worked with amazing people and had an amazing boss at one location. Management is key! Great starter job that deals with the many struggles of customer service.

Pros

Employee Discounted Meals

Cons

No breaks, a time Off Requests

Fun but fast paced

Fun but very fast paced enviornment. Pay is not very good because you will make less per hour than a sandwich combo meal. The management team are clearly there to just meet a sales goal and don't care much to develop their employees.

Pros

Free sandwiches

Cons

No breaks, no lunches, no benefits

Great for younger people

This is a great job for young people but the hours and work life balance are not good for people with mortgages or families. I enjoyed my time there but did notice that they absolutely take advantage of young people in management positions until they are totally burnt out. Met some wonderful people with huge leadership potential and was saddened to see 2000the way they were treated there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K
2.8K
2.1K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jimmy John's Sandwiches.
Powered byComparably

Compare Jimmy John's Sandwiches with

• Jimmy John's Sandwiches
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?