Jimmy John's Sandwiches
68Average

Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA69 reviews
Its a sandwich shop...
Not too much to say about this one. Was my first job at 17 and it was cool and all that but there's only so much culture you can build around making sandwiches
Ok
My review on jimmy johns was positive on helping me start my career from the beginning and learn to save my money and the most important thing I learned was time management.
Good Pace
I learned how to work at a face pace in a sometimes hectic environment. Preparation along with pregame huddles with the team give me and my colleagues better insight on daily/weekly goals and expectations.
Great part time job to make extra money
If you’re in need of extra cash it’s a wonderful friendly job to have but there isn’t to much room for advancement management is friendly and family oriented
Jimmy johns
The second franchise I worked for was ok . If it was some type of structure or everybody on the same team instead of one being critics to another everything would have went smoothers
Pros
The business had a lot of business
Cons
The management wasn’t what it was supposed to be
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Chill
For a first job, this is the place to beat. It’s a very clear line up, roles are clear and every task is clearly defined and recorded/signed for in paperwork. You learn to perform as part of a team and once you really have a strong grasp on every responsibility, you’re likely to be in consideration for promotion.
Jimmy Johns Driver
Daily operations would require coming in at 11 till about 130-2PM depending on the lunch rush. Very easy work with pretty good pay. Fun people to work with.
No help from co workers
Typical work day AM shift is slow for first hour, then a decent lunch rush comes in. Afternoons are dead. Management is typically lazy unless you get lucky with scheduling.. which never changes. Also the workplace culture is like highschool.
Pros
Lol free food
Cons
Productive and high energy work place
Many of my managers and coworkers became my friends over my years there. The hardest part of the job would have to have been how busy it got. Whether you're driving or working in the shop, it gets insanely busy to our location sometimes, and you better be able to keep up. If not, you're making other people's jobs more difficult.
The workplace was professional and fun. Not to mention it was fast
Jimmy Johns was a good place to work at. It was easy to get to, professional, and it made me happy to work there. What made my day while working there was seeing the smile on the customers faces when I complete their orders.
It was good
At first I was being paid $7.25 , which I think was way too little for how much I was doing. But when I relocated to another one the pay was $8 which I think was just perfect. It was very slow-paced. Every employee I came in contact it and manager was always so helpful and kind , sad I could not relocate again but its fine.
Pros
Free great Sandwiches, great training, great people
Cons
slow-paced, not as challeging, not that great pay
can be fast paced
JJ is a lucrative PT job while going to school, or as a second income. This job can be fast paced during peak hours, the faster you can move the more deliveries and money you can make.
Pros
Good money
Cons
can be hard on car
Great Temporary
Jimmy Johns is a great temporary job. I wouldn't recommend considering it for your permanent job. Working the job is easy, but sometimes I questions JJ's ethics.
it was ok
idk to be honest. it was one of those jobs where you need a job but not really into it. one thing i can say is it is a good work environment but the manager system is poor.
Its a fun food place
Its job is family friendly
Make great food and also have a happy vibe when you come in to get your food. They great tunes and you can do your work and eat. Its a awesome place to eat . It clean and it smells like fresh made bread.
It's a sandwich shop
Not a bad place to work, pay is decent and tips help make up the difference. Driving is fun and gives a low-stress opportunity for some fast cash.

On the management side, it is an excellent place for aspiring FoH and BoH managers to dip their toes into the water.
Cosumter service
Having skills on cleaning and having great coworkers but

hope the management gets improves

having a messed up additude

trying tomakeit thur the day
Pros
Getting your own bag and napkins
Jimmy Johns is a very fast paced environment and can also be fun and your constantly busy, But Unfortunately the pay is too low to keep its employees.
Pros
40-70% off sandwhiches
fun
Nothing crazy, just delivering sandwiches and getting tips in addition to minimum wage, sometimes up to 35$ an hour depending on the day of the week..
Clean and Save environment
Jimmy Johns is a great restaurant.Its clean and save environment , which givesthe atmosphere a more comfortable and more welcoming vibe..SUBS SO FAST YOU WILL FREAKK!!!..
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3K
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight