Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Found 5,287 reviews matching the search See all 5,296 reviews
Fast-paced
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2018
Working with Jimmy Johns is exhilarating if you like to work freaky fast. I learned to manage several stores, learned more about computers, and improved on my problem solving skills.
Pros
key holder to several locations
Cons
benefits and moving up in the company
Fun place
Inshop/Driver/Shift Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 21, 2018
This place has culture that boosted the morales of the employees and their customers, all of us were happy at work, and that our managers treated us with respect.
If only you knew!
PIC (person in charge) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
If only you knew lol the things that went on in the location I worked at. Too much drama and people are never on task. The store and the staff were corrupt.
Oppurtunistic environment and laid-back not too much customers
Jimmy Johns (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work consists of your regulars coming in on lunch break and a lunch rush from about 12 - 2pm and a rush. I've learned most importantly is that the more you rush the more likely you make a mistake even when the pressure is on stay cool and collected at all times. The management was convenient because it was just about 2 managers working at once so if we had any issues we always had someone acknowledge us on the right way. The hardest part may have been memorizing the menu. The most enjoyable was the free food we earn at the end of the day. The culture was relaxing not too much noise they kept the area pretty clean.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bi-weekly pay
Amazing workers and great managment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 19, 2018
Working at jimmy johns everybody has to work together and get along cause it fast paced and you are constantly next to people can become crowded at time but easy to take in.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Crowded
Tasty Sandwiches. A great place to work if you are energetic.
sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYSeptember 19, 2018
Food quality is excellent. Focus on cleanliness is great because the restaurant is always clean. Liked working at JJ at first but then a new owner and manager came in. Didn't like the new manager and the way she did not respect men. She also liked to play favorites. Other than that, JJ is a great place to work. Lots of opportunities to make good money and if you are truly energetic and committed - could go places!
Good for an entry level job.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 19, 2018
A good job for a young person breaking into the working world, but nothing I ever felt should be made a permanent fixture. Experience with the job would vary on a store to store level.
Pros
Food
Cons
Hard to get time off.
Excellent and Friendly Staff
Sandwich Artist/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 19, 2018
Working at the Jimmy John's on Mission St. in Mount Pleasant, Michigan was one of the greatest overall experiences of my life. The staff was extremely welcoming when I started and I ended up staying for three school years until I graduated in May 2018. Very helpful and caring individuals. Flexible hours and understanding of the busy school schedule.
Pros
Discounted food, flexible hours, fun staff, very engaging.
Cons
Can get very busy at times, have to work busy days like football games, St. Patty's Day, Halloween, etc.
High energy loud environment
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2018
It can be a fun great place to work. Management is always stressful and never stable. People constantly quit and it’s frustrating. But the culture of the job is fun.
Pros
Free meals after 8 hrs
Cons
No breaks
fun and competitive staff, many pick up hours and just an all around fun workplace
Foodservice Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I was the bread starter that essentially cut and mayo the bread, dress the sandwich with vegetables then pass the sandwich to the next person on the line. I sliced meats and dealt with catering orders. I went on deliveries and catering events. The job was easy but a fast pace learning experience.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
seasonal hours due to the location being on a college campus

Want to know more about Jimmy John's Sandwiches?

Ask a question
Franchise
Inshop worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2018
It can be a hit or miss when you apply to certain locations. I enjoy the way work needs to be done; structure and precision that is needed to make things flow easily.
Sometimes Inconsiderate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
I liked my job for a short amount of time until I was washing all of the dishes everyday instead of being on the register. Then when I became pregnant the manager was inconsiderate of the fact that I was pregnant. Pregnancy definitely changes your body, so I was sick a lot, and I couldn’t stand up for long. They weren’t always considerate of that... they made me stand up for 6 hours one day with no break, and there were hardly any customers. Someone quit, so they gave me their full time schedule only to turn around the next week and say go back to part time because the managers wanted to always be there.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Small business
It's a great job for people who are looking for part time
Jimmy Johns (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2018
It's a great job if you want part time. The work environment is free to grow and work on customer service and communication skills. Everyday something new happens and you learn a new skill.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2018
If you lookingfor s start this is the right place to begin. I started as a driver and quickly advance as a asst. manager then a GM i am honored to be apart of that team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Fast paced !
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
Fast paced learning environment, you have to be able to catch on quick, though it may get frustrating you can ease your frustration when you see the amount of sales going up when you’re in a position like i was.
Pros
Free meal at end of your shift
Cons
Compensation, training, and communication
Great environment
Assistant Manager / General Manager Back-up (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZSeptember 17, 2018
It was very welcoming coming into Jimmy Johns, i loved the smell of fresh bread and the taste of fresh ingredients onto your sub. Theres a wide variety of subs to chose from as well
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Work and life balance
Nice place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2018
There was rarely a dull moment at Jimmy John's. Working there made me feel like I was part of a family that would always look out for me. The job was fast paced so the time just flew by.
Pros
Discount on meal.
fun workplace
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Easy, laid-back atmosphere. Short shifts, plenty of time off. If you're looking for money, this isn't the place to work, but if you want a part-time job to fill up some of your time,
Fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 16, 2018
Jimmy Johns is a great place to work, but the pay is not enough to live on. You get paid every week and you get 20 to 40 a week. You get 40 hours a week if you are a manager.
Pros
Discounted Sandwiches
Cons
not enough hours
Coworkers were all druggies
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOSeptember 16, 2018
No hours were ever set in stone, more a day to day basis, even post training. No job tasks were ever specified and I would struggle to know which job I would take over for the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.8K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight