Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 1,396 reviews matching the search See all 5,411 reviews
Dramatic, was a good job until new management came.
Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/ in-shop (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 22, 2018
Management was good when I was first hired in, then he was promoted and things got rocky. A manager was promoted whom had previously quit (literally, came out of nowhere). You will NOT be promoted here to a PIC unless you are the managers best friend. Absolutley no pay raise throughout 3 years of employment- only mandatory minimum wage raises through the state. Manager schedules only the employees she likes to work with her in the mornings.
Pros
Free meal if you work a double, tips are all yours, lapeer owner is amazing
Cons
No break unless you work a double, drama galore
Fast-paced, loud, fun, and excellent for extroverts
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Waupun, WIOctober 22, 2018
It's a little harder for me to recall all of the information in question for this job than for my current job. If I had to pick something I learned from my time with Jimmy John's, I would say that I learned I like being a delivery driver. Overall, I really enjoyed that job and the people I worked with. Maybe it was because I was also attending school with most of them, but I really liked the environment of the store!
Ok summer job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 22, 2018
Working at jimmy johns was ok for a summer job. A decent job for while you are on campus or home for break. Not anywhere I wanted to go back to after one summer there.
Great experience
Bike delivery (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 21, 2018
All around work experience over fixed jobs tactical delivery system. Professional. Fast paced and stressful at times, but very flexible. Over all, pretty good.
Fun place to work at really relaxed.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 20, 2018
Jimmy johns is a fun first expierience job. The staff is very amusing and chill. Manager can relax a little but otherwise jimmy johns is one of the best company’s that is making money off sandwiches!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benifits
3 hrs a day,not enough pay,backstabbing mgrs.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  1113 Murfreesboro Rd.Franklin,Tn.October 16, 2018
I worked at the Franklin Tn.location,within 1 week it was costing a fortune in gas and instead of getting 20 or more hrs.per week,I was getting 15,no training after runs,of what 2 do in store,Mgr.and Asst..Mgr.constantly telling horror stories about the neighbor Cool Springs Store ,and they didnt want any other women in their store. After doing deliveries my 2nd.week,I came in 1 day and was fired on the spot,no warnings or write ups.These 2 girls r immature and backstabbing unprofessionals.My customers were great friendly and nice,I enjoyed the delivery part.
Pros
Being an independent driver.
Cons
Tips were low & after gas exp.u didnt clear much.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INOctober 15, 2018
If you enjoy a fast paced job that requires a lot of hands on work, this is a fantastic choice for you. This job will teach you teamwork, task management and problem solving skills.
Fun Work Environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 15, 2018
Working as a Delivery Driver was a lot of fun and a great way to make extra money while going to college. The hours were very flexible, the work was fun and fulfilling, and management truly cared about their employees and their needs.
Pros
Discounts, Flexible Hours, Fun Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Bad management poor work environment
Food service and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 15, 2018
You try to do you job then you get told you are not good enough. You get yelled at by managment for doing extra cleaning. Management expects you to do your job and even when you are doing it it isnt good enough. There is a barking order where the management is right and the staff is wrong no matter what.
Pros
Cons
Stressful poor working environment
Not difficult, but not worth it
Delivery Driver/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 14, 2018
The job itself was rather simple. Even as a manager, You spent most of your day making sandwiches, but there was a bit of data entry, paperwork, scheduling, etc.. basically the usual for a management position. Problem is, managers were not fairly compensated for their work. $10-$12 per hour with 0 benefits, vacation days, or sick days. There was a time period I worked on a salary (26k per year) but during that time, I worked 60 hours per week. Depending on the day, I made more money delivering than when I managed.
Pros
Easy work, relaxed environment
Cons
Very low pay, many mixed messages from different levels of management
fun workplace
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 13, 2018
it was good place to work and very friendly place I Enjoyed my time there. i was also a delivery driver and made good money doing that as well as inshop.
Productive and good workplace for high school students.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAOctober 11, 2018
Jimmy johns is a good company to work at for a beginners job as it teaches you everything you need to know to move on to a better job that will capitalize on those skills but is not a good career choice due to pay and benefits making it a good in school job but hard to make a living of.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Salary. Benefits.
Slow and poorly managed
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 8, 2018
There is really no career advancement. Management is nonexistent and there is no discipline for people stepping outside of their boundaries. Everyone is lazy and it is impossible to be productive as a team.
Great Place to Be a Driver
Night Manager/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 8, 2018
Driver's can make a lot of money here because of the consistancy and amount of delivery orders on a day to day basis. Having a delivery job here is easy and it makes the day go by very quickly.
Pros
Discounts, easy work, good pay
Cons
Chaotic during lunch/dinner, very slow any other time, most of your money comes from tips
productive work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 8, 2018
Great job. Worked for 4 hours, 4 days out the week. As orders would come in I would drive them to the customer. When I didn't have deliveries I would help in store and prepare sandwiches for walk in customers. Overall very fast paced work environment with a great team.
Pros
tips
Cons
pay
Did not work here long
Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLOctober 7, 2018
The management liked to do things very by the book which was nice but were unreasonable at times. I only worked here for a very short time so I don't have much to reflect on.
fast paceed
Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIOctober 7, 2018
fast past easy to move up the chain great mangement listen to your own tunes drive your own car great tips lots of hours.. on your feet all day when its slow poeple stand around
Pros
tips hours advancment
Cons
cheap wages
An decent place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 7, 2018
If you're hurting for a job then this is one of the better fast food places to work. The store I was at typically had most of the staff working 15 or less hours a week, but if you showed any sign of willingness or competence then you could pretty quickly rise up in the store, either through management or just in acquiring more hours. I had the feeling that most everybody there was fairly expendable, unfortunately, but again, if you showed competence & could do your job well without having to be told what to do then your chances of being let go were greatly lessened.
Pros
50 % off sandwiches
Cons
Food service work and all the things that go along with that, low pay
The game is sandwiches.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNOctober 5, 2018
Just move quick and don't go in blazed out of your mind. It'll work out. Delivering makes great tips, all of the sandwiches are in an easy pattern to remember, and the people who work there are nice
Pros
Free meal with 8 hour shift
Cons
High school co-workers that never show up
It was an easy job.
Fl - Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLOctober 5, 2018
Just answered phone calls and took deliveries. Also would make sandwiches on the line, and clean up at the end of the night. Not very difficult and wasn't much supervision.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not many hours to go around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.8K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight