Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 1,489 reviews matching the search See all 5,737 reviews
Dramatic, was a good job until new management came.
Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/ in-shop (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 22, 2018
Management was good when I was first hired in, then he was promoted and things got rocky. A manager was promoted whom had previously quit (literally, came out of nowhere). You will NOT be promoted here to a PIC unless you are the managers best friend. Absolutley no pay raise throughout 3 years of employment- only mandatory minimum wage raises through the state. Manager schedules only the employees she likes to work with her in the mornings.
Pros
Free meal if you work a double, tips are all yours, lapeer owner is amazing
Cons
No break unless you work a double, drama galore
Not difficult, but not worth it
Delivery Driver/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 14, 2018
The job itself was rather simple. Even as a manager, You spent most of your day making sandwiches, but there was a bit of data entry, paperwork, scheduling, etc.. basically the usual for a management position. Problem is, managers were not fairly compensated for their work. $10-$12 per hour with 0 benefits, vacation days, or sick days. There was a time period I worked on a salary (26k per year) but during that time, I worked 60 hours per week. Depending on the day, I made more money delivering than when I managed.
Pros
Easy work, relaxed environment
Cons
Very low pay, many mixed messages from different levels of management
Upbeat, fast-paced environment, yet laid back and stress-free.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 1, 2019
Jimmy John's was a satisfactory place to work. All of my coworkers had very positive attitudes and a solid work ethic. Managers were helpful and supportive and very diplomatic when it came to daily store functions like nightly clean-up and food preparation. There really wasn't anything difficult about the job, other than some places were harder to find than others at times. I thoroughly enjoy delivering food because I like driving and being in my car, always on the go.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun, upbeat, energetic work environment
Cons
No benefits, and traffic
It really depends on the franchise/manager
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Do not apply at the jimmy johns on summerlin in fort myers. The GM has no idea what he’s doing and the assistant managers are helpless to do anything about it as the owners have their favorites. If you’re a delivery driver you get tips everyday but when your paycheck comes you’ll see “compensation” which is where they take a percentage of your tips back. My last paycheck they took $184 out of it to “compensate” the store because the tips come out of their drawer.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Shady business practices, bad management, no job security
Fast-paced but stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Summit, ILJuly 1, 2018
I have applied to be a delivery driver in Summit, and I received an interview almost instantly and got hired after the interview. Although, when it came to my first day a few days later that's when I knew I was lied to when I saw 5.50 an hour being put into my compensation profile, plus don't let the "all tips" statement on the description fool you because truth is you'll be lucky if you were able to keep half of the tips you earned, but mostly the store will take most of it. That 10-15 an hour is just a fluke to bait people in because they know that getting delivery drivers at this time of year is difficult. Lastly, at least my coworkers were pretty decent but I prefer a professional manager and team.
Pros
Clean Store
Cons
Demanding, Dishonesty, Pay so low it should be illegal, Childish Management
Productive and good workplace for high school students.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAOctober 11, 2018
Jimmy johns is a good company to work at for a beginners job as it teaches you everything you need to know to move on to a better job that will capitalize on those skills but is not a good career choice due to pay and benefits making it a good in school job but hard to make a living of.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Salary. Benefits.
If You Can Make It, It's Easy To Get A Management Job
SHIFT MANAGER, DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 6, 2018
I worked for this company for a long time in a variety of positions, a few different locations, and under a few different managers. It is really a mixed bag as far as your experience.

As a low level employee (inshop/delivery) its all pretty cut and dry.

Once you start getting into shift management however, things get a lot more difficult as you're primarily in charge of high school kids who can't take criticism, and management is either too jaded or uninterested to lend much assistance.

I will say that this company most definitely promotes from within, but the road to getting there will be filled with a lot of graveyard shifts, caffeine, and headaches.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Management, Pay, Work Life Balance.
Nice pay for part time. Just dont let the stress of being understaffed get to you.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 5, 2018
A day at Jimmy John's usually consisted of being a little understaffed and just a tad bit overworked. That being said the people you work with are down to earth and the job is not to stressful unless you make it stressful and try to do everything yourself you just need to relax and go with the flow. The pay wasn't bad for delivery drivers but other than the only way ti make money is to move up to management, in shoppers dont make much and they want give you a raise unless you move up to management. All in all a decent side job/ college job if you have a car and can deliver.
Pros
Nice hours, co-workers
Cons
understaffed, pay, overworked
Not the best place to work for me
Delivery Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Our manager was the worst. He's throw stuff at people although they let him know they didn't like that, flirt when they didn't want to be flirted with, raise his voice and flex his managerial muscle unnecessarily because "he could."
Pros
the cookies
Cons
the cookies
Very good first job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 7, 2018
Jimmy Johns is best summed up by saying it is a great team-building job. It is meant to be very fast-paced and is best for people who learn on-the-job. As a delivery drivers, you are expected to be able to take orders on the phone, make sandwiches, drive safely, and be able to learn and work very quickly. The managers are fairly laid back and easy to get along with, but there are times when the job can get slow and somewhat boring, especially on weekends. It us a very good job for people with little to no working experience and it will give you a little taste of what working in the food industry is like.
Pros
Lenient managers, easy to learn the job, some free food occasionally
Cons
Little to no raises ever, job can become monotonous on weekends

Want to know more about Jimmy John's Sandwiches?

Ask a question
Low Compensation
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  7002 Lake plaza Dr., Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2018
The money from tips is decent. Although, the paid rate for the time which you are on the road doing deliveries is $4.25 an hour. Not worth the wear and tear on a vehicle unless you have a older car you don't plan on keeping nice. Typical job for people who need a good balance in work/life.
Pros
Discounts on food, Tips paid out daily
Cons
NO benefits, Sometimes no tips, slightly overrated competion between other drivers to make the most runs
High energy work place for Delivery Drivers being that i worked at a college campus store (NCSU)
Shift Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2018
Most days at JJ's i would look foward going to work, especially during nice weather. Delivering on my bicycle was challenging and fun. Jimmy Johns definitely allowed growth in the job. Nearing the time of my move to go back to school our store became understaffed and i would take the initiative to lead and help new employees do their jobs more efficiently and with cofidence! Seeing that i had stepped up, the managment at Jimmy Johns bumped me up to 10 and hour and wanted me to become a part time manager. I think the hardest part of my Job was during lunch shift when we would be understaffed and our deliverys would pile up, of course this wasn't and everyday occurrence though.
Pros
Tips, 25% off food, and 401k.
Cons
Being understaffed somedays.
Only good as a supplemental income
Inshop/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 6, 2018
This job is good for college and high school students. This job, however, doesn't offer any benefits. You will have lots of free time to also have a personal life though.
Pros
Half priced sandwiches
Cons
No benefits
Fun job
Inshop/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 1, 2018
Working here was pretty cool to be honest. My pay was minimum wage BUT I made decent tips. I worked a lot of doubles so I never had to buy food when I worked. Working here taught me to get my job done quickly and correctly. Hardest part was probably dealing with other peoples mistakes (wasting my gas and time going back and forth due to their mess ups and getting no compensation for it). Getting to get out of the store, listen to my own music and drive around to different places. I know my way around town pretty well because of this job as well as a lot of people.
Pros
free meal after 8hr shifts, decent food, flexible hours, perfect for college students, drama free, cool co workers
Cons
minimum wage, raises are rare
Its a good working job overall for anybody who needs a starting job
Delivery Driver/Cook (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 16, 2018
Jimmy johns is a job where you can learn different skills and make a good salary for a first job. The environment of the store is clean and made sure it is kept clean. Everybody has a friendly attitude and there is hardly ever any conflict. The job varies between fast and slow paced during the time of the day but it is well managed and very relaxed.
Pros
Discounts on lunches during any shift. Free meal after an 8 hour shift
Cons
N/a
Good job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 17, 2018
Great quick money, flexible work schedule, an easy job to learn. Management turnover is fairly often and will keep you under 30 hours with no benefits
Overall good
Delivery Driver/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 16, 2018
Jimmy John's is a great company to work for if you are a college student. The atmosphere is generally relaxed. Most of the time the employees are all very friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
sandwich
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 14, 2018
great place to work, good company with good benefits. i would recommend working here for anyone. great fast clean food you know is made well. i will miss working here.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
inconsistent business
Fun place to work at really relaxed.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 20, 2018
Jimmy johns is a fun first expierience job. The staff is very amusing and chill. Manager can relax a little but otherwise jimmy johns is one of the best company’s that is making money off sandwiches!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benifits
Few Hours and Hostile Work Environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 25, 2018
Jimmy John's hires a ton of people and then gives those people about 10 hours a week each so that they don't have to give any benefits and give people the smallest discounts possible. The management was awful, borderline abusive. I was consistently yelled at, cursed at, and even had objects such as bags of sandwiches thrown at me when the Manager(s) got frustrated at the team. Would not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight