Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Fair job for someone looking to get their feet wet in the food industry
In Shop/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIJuly 17, 2018
As my first job in highschool, this place kept me fed and put a little money in my pocket for the time being. Besides it being a minimum wage job, this place teaches a lot of real world skills someone may need to obtain before getting serious with a career
Pros
Free lunches, requested time off (shift changes to compensate), fun environment
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJuly 16, 2018
Easy and stable job that I was able to do through out college. Flexible with hours and consider things like college clases that will help get you through the year
Its a good working job overall for anybody who needs a starting job
Delivery Driver/Cook (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 16, 2018
Jimmy johns is a job where you can learn different skills and make a good salary for a first job. The environment of the store is clean and made sure it is kept clean. Everybody has a friendly attitude and there is hardly ever any conflict. The job varies between fast and slow paced during the time of the day but it is well managed and very relaxed.
Pros
Discounts on lunches during any shift. Free meal after an 8 hour shift
Cons
N/a
Fast Paced
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 13, 2018
A typical Jimmy John's day as a delivery driver is pretty fast paced during unch time but will slow down trumendously as the day grows later. Almost no deliveries
A good starting job to earn some income
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 12, 2018
This is a good starting job position to start if you're in high school or college, I wouldn't depend on jimmy johns to pay your bills unless you're the GM or assistant manager. I worked for 5 months going on 6, and I was able to earn enough money to pay for gas and food, but this is because this was a job i was doing on top of my classes I took in college to earn some income. This is a good job to balance school and work, but I wouldn't do delivery driving as a career. Manager and GM was chill, and they'll randomly give you a sandwich test, which you learn as you go. I would say the hardest part of the job would be the bread starting part.
Pros
Free lunch for double shift, flexible schedule
Cons
Paying is bad if you don't get tips, CEO hunts endangered species
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 11, 2018
manangment is great learned about restaraunt work workplace culture is easy going, owners are fantastic. typical day is making and delivering lots of sandwiches.
Pros
discounts
Fun and interesting
Team Member and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 11, 2018
Working here was alright, nothing too special. Making sandwiches and taking them out to the customers. Management was ok. They try to help you and show you as much as they can.
College Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 10, 2018
Not a bad place to try to get a job for money and going to school. Management was crazy though, it was in a area with a lot of water and still wanted me to drive in it while it flooded.
Pros
Sandwiches?
Cons
boss/tips sometimes
Crew Member / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 9, 2018
Job consisted of preparing fresh ingredients daily such as bread, cheeses, and meats. Also included cleaning the store every night as part of the closing procedure.
jimmy johns delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2018
It was a great place to work at but I did not like the down time. Delivery the sandwiches was my main priority otherwise i was just wiping down tables or restocking chips.
Overall a good college job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 6, 2018
Freaky fast. The work enviornment was highly depenedent on the manager on shift. I spent most of my time in the car as a delivery driver. The pay was not the best but the faster you deliver the more money you make.
Pros
If you are good at your job you essentially make your schedule.
Cons
Managment can be hit or miss. A good manager makes this job fun.
Very fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 5, 2018
You always meet new people and as a driver you different locations. The sandwiches are made fresh. Wholesome services always. Very clean with a nice view.
Pros
You always get a chance to me new people
Cons
Not enough hours there bc i have a sec job
Loved the people, job was okay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJuly 4, 2018
The jobs couldnt really go anywhere, difficult to move around except as a driver and in shop sandwich maker. The people and managers were amazing though.
Delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 3, 2018
I was a delivery driver when working for Jimmy Johns. When not in a delivery, I was in the store making sure we was “super fast” as our brand and slogan wants us to be. Other times, I’ll be in the store sweeping and mopping.
Fast-paced but stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Summit, ILJuly 1, 2018
I have applied to be a delivery driver in Summit, and I received an interview almost instantly and got hired after the interview. Although, when it came to my first day a few days later that's when I knew I was lied to when I saw 5.50 an hour being put into my compensation profile, plus don't let the "all tips" statement on the description fool you because truth is you'll be lucky if you were able to keep half of the tips you earned, but mostly the store will take most of it. That 10-15 an hour is just a fluke to bait people in because they know that getting delivery drivers at this time of year is difficult. Lastly, at least my coworkers were pretty decent but I prefer a professional manager and team.
Pros
Clean Store
Cons
Demanding, Dishonesty, Pay so low it should be illegal, Childish Management
Great people making great food for outstanding people.
Inshop/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 28, 2018
Kindly staff that works great together. Efficiency and quality always. Hospitality comes hand in hand with sub shop and graciousness. The managment is always more than helpfully as coworkers and friends.
Cashier & Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2018
typical work days were pretty relaxed for the most part. i learned to work in a fast pace environment and some problem solving skills.
management was great, workplace culture was diverse and fun
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benifits
Productive under current management
Customer Service & Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 26, 2018
Most daytime shifts are stressful and drivers are put in odd positions. Nighttime shifts are more relaxed and more teamwork based (my cup of tea). Management has its ups and downs, there is no consistency from one manager to the next. Communication between the managers seems to lack, and problems don't seem to ever be fully handled by one manager or another. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a few of the productive workers with positive team attitudes work together on the same shift, and are able to work together getting through any and every issue that may come up.
Pros
Positive Owners
Cons
Management in Full
fun place to work
in shop and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2018
When I worked at jimmy johns it was a great job. The coworkers were nice and fun to be around. It was fun to work there because you are always moving around doing something.
Good job, but you must be fast.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  River Falls, WIJune 25, 2018
If you get stuck with the wrong people, it's a stressful job. If you don't, it's a fine job, just very fast paced. Doesn't have breaks except for a very strict lunch policy, so that should be considered.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.7K
31.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

69out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jimmy John's Sandwiches.

Jimmy John's Sandwiches Reviews by Location