Jireh Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Poor training , family oriented, and dysfunctional.
Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 19, 2018
Plain and simple you get hired by a company to do whatever their job policy instructs. You confide in your trainer to give you the correct information based on your job and hope the information is correct. I was told I was doing fair at first but was given a 30 day written notice extending my contract based on performance. 22 days after the written notice, my performance based on my supervisor, I was doing great. No red flags, nothing. I go home to enjoy my weekend with upsetting news to find out that they decided to end my contract. I will not get into what I think it is but their is definitely favoritism, fake respect, and not much diversity in this place.
Pros
Its a job that pays your bills
Cons
That’s it their con artist the new word is klansplaning
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at jireh everyone was great and the pay was okay. They're flexible and like to make sure all the employees feel at home. They also have a pretty cool cafateria
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 11, 2018
Long days, long weekends. Learned A lot. Great management. very technical and must be quick yet careful. Nice people, Long break, over time, clean environment.
Decide for yourself.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 5, 2018
Happiness comes from within. Some people really like working at Jireh Semiconductor and some don't. It has a stable work environment where you can provide for your family.
Productive and Enjoyable
Operations / Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 6, 2018
Absolutely enjoy working here. Friendly, family feel from top to bottom. The workplace culture is results oriented and yet treats you like close family. Pay isn't the best but quality of life and the surrounding people you work with more than makes up for it. If my family needs didn't force me to relocate, Jireh would indeed me my long term career choice.
Pros
People, Culture, Everything
Cons
Pay is lower but its not a large cap company so that is expected
Productive and dedicated Fab Techs'
Senior Fab Tech (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 2, 2018
I worked here only two weeks and bailed out due to the fact that I can't stand the disorganization and cluster in the fab. If the VP and the fab manager want to polish their gem (Fab), they need to start 5S and Kaizen.
Pros
Good cafeteria good with low price. Free organic peak coffee, tea, hot cocoa and latte and cappuccino.
Cons
Disorganization and cluster in the fab.
Stressful and very busy
Sr Process Integration engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 13, 2017
The pressure from shipping goal that caused high stressful working status. Too many problems in fab and process improvement need to work on for mass production.
Pros
No Free lunch
very competitive
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 7, 2017
They really want you to be able to work by yourself on complicated equipment very fast. Questions after two weeks aren't really appreciated. Very tight knit crew, lots of family members.
A difficult place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 22, 2017
Difficult place to work. Many departments are understaffed and under-resourced for the expected results. Upper management is often capricious and unreasonable. Compensation is reasonable, but don't expect appreciation or respect.
Pros
Compensation. Good Health care
Cons
No sense of accomplishment
Daily work
Fab Tech (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 14, 2017
Working was stressful one of the most stressful job I've worked in my life. Poor very poor communication, lack of training, non-friendly working environment. No 5 S for employees safety. Unprofessional language use at all time from everyone like supervisor, equipment tech, engineering as well as the coworkers..
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great people.
200mm Etch Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 10, 2017
The environment there is pretty close to family and in general the people there are very supportive. There's room to advance, the training is good and the management treat people with respect.
Pros
Not too many perks but hey.
Cons
None really.
Unwilling to change for the better/improvements culture
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 20, 2017
No advancement opportunities. Employer does not match 401K. Stubborn managers from other departments. Majority of employees are foreign (Chinese) and cannot communicate effectively - halting work progress and team related work. High turnover rate.
There is better out there...
Etch Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 25, 2016
Coworkers are great but management is really lacking. No accountability, double standards, and favoritism. Benefits are decent but raises, if they happen, are ridiculous.
Dynamic and challenging
Sr. HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 10, 2016
Fast-paced semiconductor manufacturing! Each day brings new challenges and opportunities to make an impact. Very talented people!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jireh Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

Jireh Semiconductor Reviews by Location