Jive Communications Employee Reviews

Great people, terrible employee loyalty
Project Manager/Onsite Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 15, 2018
The people who work at Jive are top notch. Great to work with, and tons of fun. The upper management however feels no loyalty to those who have put their time in. They are inclined to hire from the outside, and the wages paid to those who are promoted from within are laughable according to industry standards. There's a reason they have an eyebrow-raisingly high turnover rate.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible pay and management
Customer Support Management is awful
Tier 1 Tech Support (3 years at Jive) (Former Employee) –  OremMarch 26, 2018
There came a point when Customer service and Tech Support were merged, causing a period of transition where long time team leads and agents left. They would now be required to know tech support type stuff too and they just weren't interested in that and that's not the job they had been doing in the years they had given to the company. Even the head of Customer Service was eventually pushed out because they put the tech support manager above him who was not at the company anywhere near as long. New team leads were promoted to replace the ones that left (almost all came from the tech support side). Over a period of months many long time customer service employees left or were fired because of the changing environment, one that had become stressed by more work and not hiring enough people to help with the workload. The two departments had been merged into Customer Support and it was just not a fun place and many new rules had been added making it feel like a prison (i.e. Your time answering phone calls was micromanaged, you had to ask permission to get off the phones to go do something.) I tried to move to other departments to get out of the toxic environment that mine had become but was passed over several times for an external hire. Most job postings were also posted externally. I can honestly say that Jive as a company I liked for all the extra things they did for the employees but specifically for Customer Support, don't work there.
Pros
Annual retreat, yearly performance bonus, company parties
Cons
Management in Customer Support is bad
Fun place in general, but definitely some drawbacks.
Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 19, 2018
Its a fun culture and with the right team and management, it can be a great place to learn and grow.
Flexible Time Off policy is great.
Good benefits, but not anything above and beyond - just standard good benefits.
Changing from the start up feel to a more structured approach leaves employees feeling a little lost/undervalued.
Constant change
A lot of great leaders with some disorganized structure, and missing a strong middle management team.
There are people who work silently most days and there are those that take the credit for everything that happens, making you feel undervalued.
A lot of very smart people working very hard, but the hardest part of the job is being limited by those using the corporate strategy as an excuse to not address pressing concerns.
Extremely Stressful with no flexibility - Support Slave Driving
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 11, 2018
The hardest part of this job was the way that management treated the Support employees. The support employees are treated like slaves, who have to ask to do every little thing away from the call center call queue. The employees are targeted, if they are not the friends of management. The management boasts about the company achievements, and the company profits way too much. The support employees are treated like garbage, and I wouldn't recommend anyone be employed by Jive Support.
Pros
Subsidized Lunches, Nice company parties and retreats, most health care paid by company
Cons
No Flexibiliy, Working Breaks, Lunches Discouraged, Management are bullies
Getting too Political
ACCOUNT MANAGER GOV/ED SOUTHWEST (Former Employee) –  NationwideDecember 31, 2017
New Managers are ruining the culture at Jive. Getting rid of the "old guard" to bring in their own buddies. No loyalty to people who helped build the company.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Politcal.
Always changing
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 9, 2017
Fun environment, always looking to improve procedures and systems. there was a disconnect between departments and the sales team. the channel program is great.
Pros
Positive
Cons
lacks consistency
fun to work at and great coworkers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Jive but the management was pretty bad. It got really stressful at times and the workload piled up. The worst part was the training. I did not get adequate training and was leaning new things every day.
Pros
fun co-workers, relaxed environment
Cons
bad management and training
Good Place To Work If You Live In Utah
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 18, 2017
Company culture is one of - If it ain't Utah, It ain't. Remote employees are treated like second class citizens. On site receive perks like free lunches and breakfasts. Employee retreats payed by the company and Christmas parties that the employee has to pay travel expenses to attend.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
No respect or consideration for remote employees
The TRUTH about Jive
Manager of Enterprise Project Management (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 28, 2017
Everyone is raving about Jive as one of the fastest growing companies in the valley. But the truth is, Jive's growth is causing more harm than good.

DO NOT expect fair compensation, or appreciation, or reward for all your hard effort and valuable contributions.

INSTEAD, expect to have a carrot dangled in front of your face for years as Jive promises all sorts of things they'll never actually deliver on, especially compensation.

Unfortunately this fast growing company is actually only fast to promise things they can't deliver.
Pros
Culture, team members are great
Cons
Everything else, especially compensation
Great Culture - Lied To by Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 18, 2017
Overall, this is a great company to work for in terms of hours, pay and benefits, culture among fellow employees, etc. I believed I had found everything I was looking for with this Company. Loyalty, Respect, high sense of Ethics and Morals, and I believed that for years with only isolated instances of feeling misled or being unhappy. After devoting years of my life to the company and working harder than I'd ever worked before, promising the CEO himself that I would be their most loyal, dedicated, and hard working employee for as long as they'll have me... I ended up being lied to by many of those I respected and felt more betrayed than I had ever felt in my life. Hit with a blind-sider that left me reeling for months on end. I don't believe in ethical companies after them, or completely honest people. Though I must thank them for teaching me a lesson I will never forget.
Pros
Great Culture, hours, and benefits
Cons
Lied to by Management all the time
You need to work here!
tech2 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 9, 2017
I wish I could of stayed working here. It was my own fault that I was let go. If you can get hired I would take it and do everything you can to keep it.
Pros
this place fills like home every day.
Cons
Great company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 17, 2017
This is a really great company. The job was just a little more technologically advanced than my experience allowed. They provided services for businesses with VoIP, I could set up dial plans but the troubleshooting part of the job is what I struggled with. They have a great benefit package and also provide lunch for employees through catering companies each day for a minimal fee that can be deducted per pay period. Overall would highly recommend this employer if you have experience as a technical support person.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
complete technical support job not geared for just basic customer service
Low Pay
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Low paying based on market comparison
Health insurance is no longer free
Limited advancement opportunities
Jobs posted are for external hires, rather than open for current employees.
Understaffed in most departments
High turnover rate
We are one big family with great benefits!
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work, everyone is very nice and we are growing really fast so there's plenty of opportunities for advancement. The benefits are great! and the culture is like I've seen in very few places. Lots of friends, it feels like we are one big family.
Pros
Cost reduced meals, great medical and dental insurance.
Cons
Our permanent building is taking longer to get built.
Excellent Company Culture
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 26, 2016
Above everything that makes Jive a great employer to work for is the fact that Jive is "human".

To elaborate briefly, they are professionally minded and seek to provide a top class service/product, but they are also mindful of the fact that people have lives outside the company, and allow plenty of room for autonomy.

My management is very hands off, which I love, and very supportive to my professional growth. They provide me with adequate opportunity and training to be proficient at what I do, as well as to develop skills that will benefit me professionally wherever my career may lead.

Compensation is wonderfully fair and the benefits are great.
Fun environment with the opportunity to advance!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 25, 2016
Jive's work environment is always enjoyable and keeps me happy coming back day after day. The opportunities to grow within the company are endless. There are a lot of diverse departments that offer fun positions.
You can make a career at Jive
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2016
Jive took me in as an intern and spent the time, money, and resources to ensure I had the best experience possible. I was NEVER treated as an intern but rather as a contributing team member. They wanted to make sure I developed the skills necessary to be successful in my next opportunity. Turned out that following my internship, an opportunity was available for me at Jive and I was hired on as a full-time employee.

It is such a fun and fulfilling experience coming to work each day, knowing you're making a difference alongside real people, with real needs.

It helps that Jive provides a good work/life balance. When I go home, I can leave work at work and enjoy my life while reaping the benefits Jive provides!
Pros
Work-Life balance, 401k matching program, health and dental insurance premiums covered 100% by Jive, events, retreats, snacks, employee assistance, Hsa, gym membership, etc.
Part of EXCITING growth!!!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2016
Jive is one of a plethora of up-and-coming, tech companies that have headquartered along the Silicon Slopes in Utah. Jive is providing affordable and reliable phone systems to businesses and organizations across the globe and it's exciting being part of a growing industry! The landscape at Jive has changed a lot in the past few years because of that growth—new departments have been created, new processes have been implemented, and fresh new talent has been added to its ranks. I love effecting change that can be realized in a concrete way. There is not a lack of work and at times it can seem overwhelming. However, I love using my ideas and efforts to creatively tackle these challenges on a daily basis. The best part of my job is not only seeing a finished product that I helped create, but also seeing the ROI from my efforts. There are a lot of talented individuals at Jive and it's rewarding to see success with my fellow Jivers.
Pros
Innovative products, competitive compensation, generous benefits, potential career advancements
Cons
Growing pains from quick growth—some disorganization/lack of adequate internal communication, staffing needs not being able to be addressed as fast as growth, and little time for mentoring
High Tech fun work environment.
Channel Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem UTOctober 20, 2016
Jive is an innovative company that is seeking to be the best in the industry. The work environment at Jive is something like one would expect to find in Silicon Valley, yet it is located right in the heart of Utah. It seems to be almost a paperless work environment, where people run from meeting to meeting with lap top in hand. Just about everyone is self driven, with their own personal expertise that they bring to the table to help grow and improve the overall operations. They make sure to have snacks available for people at all times, have great nutritionally balanced lunch program that is inexpensive, and will feed you for dinner if you choose to work late on designated days of the week. Jive has a rare family priority focus that employees can utilized in unexpected situations that everyone seems to appreciate and does not take advantage of. Lastly they have plenty of fun events planned to keep the work environment exciting.
Pros
Open work environment that is not micro-managed.
Cons
There is lots of work to be done and the day goes by fast.
Great Place to Work -
Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 19, 2016
Jive is a great place to work! I love my job! The only complaint I would have is the constant changing of policies and procedures and the employee's are not updated as often as the should be.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Sales get's the fun stuff, rather than all departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jive Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

91out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jive Communications.

Jive Communications Reviews by Location