JK Moving Services

JK Moving Services Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
My biggest takeaway was the grandeur and scale of the business. Great business minds working there. The pace never dips...EVER. Dog eat dog environment with minimal work life balance. If you want to make money and commit your time, energy, and life you will have tons of success. I simply look at the longterm health prospects of all senior level positions. Everyone was in need of a vacation but they are programmed to work, work, work, and work. The overall health mentally and physically was poor of senior level positions. This to me is a reflection of how the stress and magnitude of the job can have negative and detrimental effects on the body and mind. It's seen as necessary unfortunately, akin to a badge of honor. If you are a workaholic, want to drown yourself in your work, or are looking to escape familial/social life and duties this is for you. If you're single and plan on staying that way, this is for you.
Pros
Giant company with lots of room for advancement
Cons
Work/Life balance is non-existent. Have to be at the ready 25/8
This is the type of company where things are good until they aren't. Middle management is ok, my personal manager is amazing but that's the exception instead of the rule. Upper management is awful. They don't care about the employees as people, everything is about the bottom line and it feels very much like it is stuck in the past. Management is an old boys club, they talk about being on the cutting edge of technology yet have dug in their heels about remote working (even during the pandemic) with no real explanation as to why, and employee feedback seems ignored. It feels like you are neither trusted nor respected as an employee. My direct team is amazing, the best people I've ever worked with, but that varies from team to team.
In many organizations, core values or mission statements are just fluff to be mentioned at an annual meeting and are not applied to every day business. At JK, the core values are taken seriously and applied at all levels of the organization. There an overall culture of teamwork and commitment to success. The management team is supportive and work well together to facilitate communication between departments.
Pros
Benefits are good - company match on HSA, 401K in addition to profit-sharing, Employees are offered many opportunities for additional training and personal development.
Cons
The PTO offering is minimal.
I was hired 2017, given a great opportunity to be part of the JK team. Every day, every week we are looking for ways to advance the company while following the company’s 7 core values. The team knows what is expected of them every day, employees are hyped up, happy and handsomely paid 
Pros
Team
Cons
time i wasted before i got hired by JK :)
November 9, 2020
Love that Con and love that you are happy at JK. Keep up the great work! Thank you for the feedback.
I came here looking for a place to call home. This place has great leadership starting with our CEO to EVP and Director of Operations, Safety Director, and the VP of HR. If you're looking for a place to grow JK has all the tools needed for success. I love the vision of the company and the growth we are having even during this pandemic.
Pros
You have a voice
Cons
I travel 35, 000 miles per year
It's always nerve wracking starting a new position. And with a new position comes the dreaded 90 day "probation" period, where if something in life is going to happen, it happens then. From only "calling in sick" 3 times at my last job in 7 years! I had to ask my boss to leave early in my 3rd week. SO UNDERSTANDING! I think its important that they see your work ethic but asking to leave in my 3rd week i was terrified but my daughter was sick and i had no choice. He couldnt have been more understanding.- This speaks volumes to be about the workplace. The training process is rigorous at JK- to me this says two things, #1 they care about their customers and want them to get the best service and they truly do. #2 they want to set you up for success- not failure. It shows they are full circle. The office is laid back and fun- but everyone also works very hard and diligently. The reason I took the position here was the BENEFITS PACKAGE! Holy smokes!! The benefits package and profit sharing is nothing short than amazing. They also have the best coffee in the world available and thats always a plus.
Pros
Coffee Machine- I love it. Availability to work from home, Profit sharing/benefits package.
Cons
I dont have any yet
I have always tried looking for a company who would be able to help me as a person and employee succeed with any work tasks given to me, I finally can breathe and say I found it. If you are looking for a company who values you as a person most of all and as a employee JK Moving is the place for you. Friendly coworkers and overall I don't have to be scared to ask questions.
Pros
Benefits/Pay
Cons
No cons
Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at JK Moving Services, I think it's difficult to get the hours you're hired for.ManagementIn general, managers at JK Moving Services are there to supervise.OverallMy experience working at JK Moving Services growing pains
Great work environment, fast paced job, lots of growth opportunities, wonderful management team, positive company culture, rewarding, fun and collaborative.
Pros
College Tuition Reimbursement, 401K Contributions
I have been working at JK for over a year now. This organization has helped me grow my skills as an individual and as a team player. What I love most about JK is that they are interested in employee growth and giving back to the community. The JK Community Farm caught my attention even before I started with the organization and after I joined I was given the opportunity to volunteer and help others in need - this is what community is truly about! I would recommend this organization to someone who is interested in growing their skills everyday to become a better person at work and in your personal life as well.
May 27, 2020
Thank you for your comments! Commit to Growth is one of our core values and we encourage employees to take advantage of all of the opportunities to grow professionally with JK Moving Services. Some of the tools available to our employees are tuition assistance, student loan repayment program with company-paid match, company-paid professional certifications, foreign language and ESL training reimbursement, as well as our Employee Portal which has over 7,000 online courses on a variety of topics.
JK is a great company based off of it's core values. It is currently in the process of becoming a 'small- large company' and is seeing many advancements. There are some issues with Legacy employees and the relationships and misguided loyalty to some of them. Slow moving to technology and working a lot in manual processes. Overall a great company.
May 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Our move teams have gone paperless and use iPads to record work hours, customer paperwork, etc. Additionally, a variety of methods of communication are used to ensure that all employees are informed - such as emails and text messaging as well as information pages in the employee portal. I encourage you to reach out to HR regarding the "legacy employees" you referenced.
I had a short-term contract with this company. Friendly and professional atmosphere. Management has a clear vision of the goals and is able to accumulate company's resources.
Pros
Supportive and friendly atmosphere. Team of professionals.
Cons
It is a good place to work after graduation, just to build your resume, after That , look for something else. It could’ve been better. I believe it has to do with level of education, most of employees have got no education that’s why it is hard to deal with some of them. Back stabbing are champions. One day I decided to clean my desk, I found about 100 invoices sitting there. Thanks God I found a new job at GOV after 4 months of working there. I don’t miss it. Offf
One of the greatest places I have worked, the company wants to hold on to its good employees and provide a positive atmosphere. Lots of room for a career for hard workers. Some very practical skill building too.
Great place to work with customers every day. Your co-workers get to become some of your best friends and the office is very open where all departments are very close to each other.
JK Moving is a nice job i recommend for working. its very interesting. people there are interested in people needs and there willingness. They're in people needs and its alot of growth within the company. pay was well.
Excellent for a college student who needs money. However, be prepared to work long hours and on the weekend, it will always be a 40+ hour work week and often is 60+. But the overtime pay is nice
This company is a absolute joke. Overworked and underpaid. Underappreciated. Bring up a concern and you'll be dismissed. A couple project managers were horrible,the ones from sterling and milk a jobs, but cry for more people and their demands are met. So glad I am gone and never want to see that hellhole again.
Pros
A couple project managers, one from Sterling and another from Woodbridge came in to get the job done
Cons
A couple Sterling project managers think they are untouchable. Want to milk a job, talks smack behind your back.
I enjoyed my work at JK. Management is good. Work culture is fun, friendly and highly professional. Management helps, believes and work towards employee success hand to hand.
excelente!! buena compania igualdad para todos flexividad de horas y companerismo dentro de las instalaciones
March 10, 2020
En JK, los empleados son tratados con cuidado y respeto. Tenemos muchas oportunidades de carrera y grandes beneficios. Gracias por tus comentarios.
Typical labor-related career. Hours are essentially infinite if you are available and willing to work. Company works with and takes care of employees. Training is immaculate.
March 10, 2020
We are committed to our employees at JK Moving Services! We offer world-class training programs and personalized career paths. 10-15% of our employees are promoted each year. Members of our IT team, Operations, Sales, and even the Executive team started on our crew. In addition to amazing career opportunities, we also offer a generous benefits package that includes health and wellness for employees and their families, retirement, and a Profit Sharing Plan. Thank you for your feedback!
  1. Employee Reviews