JK Moving Services

United States59 reviews
Featured review
JK Moving Services selected this as a representative review
Awesome Company
One of the greatest places I have worked, the company wants to hold on to its good employees and provide a positive atmosphere. Lots of room for a career for hard workers. Some very practical skill building too.
I truly have enjoyed working at JK Moving, an organization that is dedicated to giving back to the community!
I have been working at JK for over a year now. This organization has helped me grow my skills as an individual and as a team player. What I love most about JK is that they are interested in employee growth and giving back to the community. The JK Community Farm caught my attention even before I started with the organization and after I joined I was given the opportunity to volunteer and help others in need - this is what community is truly about! I would recommend this organization to someone who is interested in growing their skills everyday to become a better person at work and in your personal life as well.
May 27, 2020
Thank you for your comments! Commit to Growth is one of our core values and we encourage employees to take advantage of all of the opportunities to grow professionally with JK Moving Services. Some of the tools available to our employees are tuition assistance, student loan repayment program with company-paid match, company-paid professional certifications, foreign language and ESL training reimbursement, as well as our Employee Portal which has over 7,000 online courses on a variety of topics.
Excellent Core Values
JK is a great company based off of it's core values. It is currently in the process of becoming a 'small- large company' and is seeing many advancements. There are some issues with Legacy employees and the relationships and misguided loyalty to some of them. Slow moving to technology and working a lot in manual processes. Overall a great company.
May 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Our move teams have gone paperless and use iPads to record work hours, customer paperwork, etc. Additionally, a variety of methods of communication are used to ensure that all employees are informed - such as emails and text messaging as well as information pages in the employee portal. I encourage you to reach out to HR regarding the "legacy employees" you referenced.
Professionals of the industry
I had a short-term contract with this company. Friendly and professional atmosphere. Management has a clear vision of the goals and is able to accumulate company's resources.
Pros
Supportive and friendly atmosphere. Team of professionals.
Cons
Love working for this company
JK MOVING service is a good company to work for I’ve been working with this company for more than three years I love the people that I’m surrounded by I staff Leaders or very helpful to get the tools that we need to make sure that we will be successful out in the field
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Jk moving
It is a good place to work after graduation, just to build your resume, after That , look for something else. It could’ve been better. I believe it has to do with level of education, most of employees have got no education that’s why it is hard to deal with some of them. Back stabbing are champions. One day I decided to clean my desk, I found about 100 invoices sitting there. Thanks God I found a new job at GOV after 4 months of working there. I don’t miss it. Offf
Productive place with good culture
Great place to work with customers every day. Your co-workers get to become some of your best friends and the office is very open where all departments are very close to each other.
productive and fun work places. Chance to meet interesting people and experience places
JK Moving is a nice job i recommend for working. its very interesting. people there are interested in people needs and there willingness. They're in people needs and its alot of growth within the company. pay was well.
It was a moving company that offered a good paycheck for a college student
Excellent for a college student who needs money. However, be prepared to work long hours and on the weekend, it will always be a 40+ hour work week and often is 60+. But the overtime pay is nice
A joke
This company is a absolute joke. Overworked and underpaid. Underappreciated. Bring up a concern and you'll be dismissed. A couple project managers were horrible,the ones from sterling and milk a jobs, but cry for more people and their demands are met. So glad I am gone and never want to see that hellhole again.
Pros
A couple project managers, one from Sterling and another from Woodbridge came in to get the job done
Cons
A couple Sterling project managers think they are untouchable. Want to milk a job, talks smack behind your back.
Excellent employer
I enjoyed my work at JK. Management is good. Work culture is fun, friendly and highly professional.
Management helps, believes and work towards employee success hand to hand.
Poor
Not recommended for adults with families. Work schedule is not provided until the evening before. May go days without being scheduled. Can be terminated for illness with medical documentation provided.
March 10, 2020
JK offers flexible schedule and paid time off to employees. Due to the nature of the moving industry, hours may vary, yet full time employees average over 40 hours per week. At JK, everyone is treated with care and respect. Please contact Human Resources regarding your concerns over termination of employment as that is not consistent with our policies or practice.
ambiente de trabajo seguro , oprtunidad de ascender
excelente!! buena compania igualdad para todos flexividad de horas y companerismo dentro de las instalaciones
March 10, 2020
En JK, los empleados son tratados con cuidado y respeto. Tenemos muchas oportunidades de carrera y grandes beneficios. Gracias por tus comentarios.
Fine
Typical labor-related career. Hours are essentially infinite if you are available and willing to work. Company works with and takes care of employees. Training is immaculate.
March 10, 2020
We are committed to our employees at JK Moving Services! We offer world-class training programs and personalized career paths. 10-15% of our employees are promoted each year. Members of our IT team, Operations, Sales, and even the Executive team started on our crew. In addition to amazing career opportunities, we also offer a generous benefits package that includes health and wellness for employees and their families, retirement, and a Profit Sharing Plan. Thank you for your feedback!
It's good. If you don't mind being disrespected!
It's a decent company.. If you don't mind fighting with the office/dispatch or being disrespected and talked down to by that one project manager that's always condescending. The good is I've worked with a few great guys and learned a lot about the moving industry.
March 10, 2020
At JK, we treat everyone with Care and Respect. I encourage you to contact Human Resources about your experience.Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Enjoy hard work low pay
From any time any day you work for low pay. Have no time for family or kids event random time to come in. Have to pay for your work gear every thing shirt pants jacket and they are not cheap comes right out your first check
Run far away.
This place has no structure or career advancement. Do not work in the warehouse. Absolutely no structure and during the off season there is nothing to do. You'll do meaningless task to get your hours. People come and go all the time. Hourly wage is low and the managers and supervisors sit at their computers all day. The warehouse manager is a burn out from UPS.

Only good in the Summertime, during the off season nothing is going on.

My first day I swept up the warehouse, took the trash out, and did random activities that made little sense. I was basically a janitor. The hours aren't told to you until the first day, or what you'll be actually doing.

Unless you get into the corporate side, you will never make money. Drivers make decent money but are overworked. You have workers who have 30 years with the company barely making 20 an hour.....
December 5, 2019
Due to the seasonal nature of the Moving & Storage Industry, work levels vary throughout the year. This can be a great opportunity for overtime! We also work with employees to ensure they are scheduled for enough hours, even when there may be less business.

Schedules are discussed during the interview process and have fixed start times depending on the shift chosen. Schedule changes may occur due to changing business needs and are discussed with the employees when the need arises.

Historically, an average of 12% of employees have been promoted throughout the year. Many of our administrative and management staff began their careers in the warehouse or as a moving helper, including members of our Accounting, IT, Operations, Sales, and even Executive Teams!

JK is always looking for top talent to join the team. In addition to competitive salaries, we provide a generous benefits package that includes Profit Sharing!
Great for Growth
Lots of opportunity for training and advancement. As the company grows, there are lots of chances for a promotion. Tuition Reimbursement, company-paid training and certifications, and a student loan repayment program. Lots of support for learning.
Mover
Gain alot of knowledge With moving Learn the right way to way to move helping other’s great environments to work in clean peaceful environment great job to have
Great Company
Great company that is rapidly growing. Multiple job opportunities to succeed in. Corporate social responsibility is abundantly important to the leaders at JK.
Okay
During my time at jk moving services I had many moves and were provided great opportunities during my time within the company I highly recommend them to anyone
December 5, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I noticed that you highly recommend JK, yet scored 3 out of 5 stars. I encourage you to reach out to Human Resources and let us know how we can improve.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JK Moving Services. Our community is ready to answer.