JK Moving Services
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

JK Moving Services Employee Reviews

United States83 reviews

No life outside of work, weird hours and schedule

You have no life outside of work as they expect you to be available 24hrs a day. One day you can be in at 6am and be out by 2 but the next you can be called at 4pm and be out by midnight… you never know where you’re working or what time until the schedule is posted daily around 5-6pm and you aren’t guaranteed what time you will be off…

Pros

Easy to get time off, No consequences for coming in late or not showing up.

Cons

Long hours, mandatory Saturday work, inconsistent hours.

Uncomfortable

A place with a lot of preference for some people, it is a good job if you are 18 years old

JK Moving Services insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Easy

The job is super easy, only difficult part would be lifting but that all depends on you as a person. The people can be annoying but that’s very avoidable, management isn’t up you a** unless you’re just blatantly not working.

Pros

Most of the time you’re in a truck

Cons

Won’t know when you work til 6pm the day before

Save your time and dont apply here. You'll highly regret it.

Worst company i've EVER worked for by far. Pay is ok but not enough for the work you do. Management sucks, loads of favortism and no working stability. As a full time worker, hours can get cut down to just 4 a week or often no hours at all. Poor communication with management. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Hardly any breaks, hours all over the place if any at all during the cold seasons, lack of mangement

Friendly coworkers

Good working environment. People are friendly here. Training program sometimes will be offered for extra learning opportunity. However, the benefit and salary here are just around average.

The company just fired 10% of the employees

Apparently someone read a book or attended a seminar and came away with the need to fire 10% of the work force. Huge turnover. No stability. Management is adequate. Summers a crazy busy, 70-100 hour work weeks.

Pros

few

Cons

long hours, low pay, high stres

Good Pay but

Out of maintenance trucks , Poor truck set up sometimes hand truck short or even pads sometimes no ladder wasting time. Overall long man hours. Coordinator’s send big crew small job or big job small man power

Pros

Tips, travel

Long Hours layoffs without warning

The hours are long and there is very little room for growth. The company doubles your work load without compensation. What really matters most is profit margins.

Outstanding company - You don't find this in the world much any longer

JK Moving Services, although my time was short, was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. The management is supportive, dedicated and lead by example. They gave me the opportunity to present my experience and expertise, make recommendations, and implement them. The company culture is second to none. No matter the level of employee you deal with, the dedication to the work at hand is high and always the same. People are generally happy working there. Management invests heavily in front line employees as far as safety, training, and fair treatment. Upper management knows the names of most all levels of employees. I have not one negative thing to say. As a former client of mine as well years ago, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that how they treated me as a customer would transcend into how they treat their staff. If you have the opportunity to be a part of the JK Moving Services team, I'd highly recommend that you do.

Pros

Management, positive, inclusive company culture

Cons

Management don't care about employees

poor management lack of communications pay is low for the hard workevery week your paycheck is wrong every month they brag how much they made and lost you train for a week and expect you to know everything

Pros

crew

Cons

paycheck always wrong

Poor management low pay

High stress environment. Lack of communication from the department manager. High turn over rate in our department . Lack of support from the department manager. No job security in our department. If you can handle being in a high stress environment with no management support or HR support for low pay then this job is for you.

Pros

Paid every week

Cons

No management support, no HR support, low pay

It’s Ehh

It’s unfilling and I often get bored at this location. I wish there was more to do so that I could feel like my time was being put to good use. It is okay though

Pros

Pay

Cons

No Training

Jk moving is a joke

They have their favorites who they handpick but also act like they’re not using favoritism although it’s clear to see who is selected back to back to back. Management always forgets or doesn’t care about issues because once it’s 4pm they are out the door while you’re still out working carrying a piano out someone’s house at 11pm with more work to go and have to be back at work again at 6 am. They moment you speak up is the moment you become a target as well.

Pros

None honesty

Cons

The entire job is a con

Great people but blistering environment.

My biggest takeaway was the grandeur and scale of the business. Great business minds working there. The pace never dips...EVER. Dog eat dog environment with minimal work life balance. If you want to make money and commit your time, energy, and life you will have tons of success. I simply look at the longterm health prospects of all senior level positions. Everyone was in need of a vacation but they are programmed to work, work, work, and work. The overall health mentally and physically was poor of senior level positions. This to me is a reflection of how the stress and magnitude of the job can have negative and detrimental effects on the body and mind. It's seen as necessary unfortunately, akin to a badge of honor. If you are a workaholic, want to drown yourself in your work, or are looking to escape familial/social life and duties this is for you. If you're single and plan on staying that way, this is for you.

Pros

Giant company with lots of room for advancement

Cons

Work/Life balance is non-existent. Have to be at the ready 25/8

Need better compensation and more training

Co-workers are cool, but they really need to do better about management. Its very hard to get opportunities to advance, and its bad enough they pay you pennies. I've seen staff there that do excellent jobs and know the ins and outs and get passed over for supervisor positions for some newbie hired off the street that doesn't know anything. Diversity is scarce, especially in upper management. Just take a look at their leadership chain.

Pros

nice people, good training

Cons

low pay, lack of quality leadership, don't cultivate their employees

You are a cog in the machine

This is the type of company where things are good until they aren't. Middle management is ok, my personal manager is amazing but that's the exception instead of the rule. Upper management is awful. They don't care about the employees as people, everything is about the bottom line and it feels very much like it is stuck in the past. Management is an old boys club, they talk about being on the cutting edge of technology yet have dug in their heels about remote working (even during the pandemic) with no real explanation as to why, and employee feedback seems ignored. It feels like you are neither trusted nor respected as an employee. My direct team is amazing, the best people I've ever worked with, but that varies from team to team.

Very well structured everything. No pros but pay could be more. Treat everyone with equally and provide training opportunities. Can be supportive with management.

Growing Organization really follows Core Values

In many organizations, core values or mission statements are just fluff to be mentioned at an annual meeting and are not applied to every day business. At JK, the core values are taken seriously and applied at all levels of the organization. There an overall culture of teamwork and commitment to success. The management team is supportive and work well together to facilitate communication between departments.

Pros

Benefits are good - company match on HSA, 401K in addition to profit-sharing, Employees are offered many opportunities for additional training and personal development.

Cons

The PTO offering is minimal.

Wow , What a great place

I was hired 2017, given a great opportunity to be part of the JK team. Every day, every week we are looking for ways to advance the company while following the company’s 7 core values. The team knows what is expected of them every day, employees are hyped up, happy and handsomely paid 

Pros

Team

Cons

time i wasted before i got hired by JK :)

Official response from JK Moving Services

November 9, 2020
Love that Con and love that you are happy at JK. Keep up the great work! Thank you for the feedback.

Friendly workplace, it's like family

I came here looking for a place to call home. This place has great leadership starting with our CEO to EVP and Director of Operations, Safety Director, and the VP of HR. If you're looking for a place to grow JK has all the tools needed for success. I love the vision of the company and the growth we are having even during this pandemic.

Pros

You have a voice

Cons

I travel 35, 000 miles per year

Moving Consultant- I love it here!

It's always nerve wracking starting a new position. And with a new position comes the dreaded 90 day "probation" period, where if something in life is going to happen, it happens then. From only "calling in sick" 3 times at my last job in 7 years! I had to ask my boss to leave early in my 3rd week. SO UNDERSTANDING! I think its important that they see your work ethic but asking to leave in my 3rd week i was terrified but my daughter was sick and i had no choice. He couldnt have been more understanding.- This speaks volumes to be about the workplace. The training process is rigorous at JK- to me this says two things, #1 they care about their customers and want them to get the best service and they truly do. #2 they want to set you up for success- not failure. It shows they are full circle. The office is laid back and fun- but everyone also works very hard and diligently. The reason I took the position here was the BENEFITS PACKAGE! Holy smokes!! The benefits package and profit sharing is nothing short than amazing. They also have the best coffee in the world available and thats always a plus.

Pros

Coffee Machine- I love it. Availability to work from home, Profit sharing/benefits package.

Cons

I dont have any yet

Common questions about JK Moving Services

Answered by current and former employees at JK Moving Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JK Moving Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits