JLE Industries Employee Reviews

Love working here!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2018
Love working here at JLE. Great group of people that truly cares about the company. Very rapidly growing company with lots of room for improvement. Looking forward to what the future holds.
no communication
N.D.T (Non-destructive Testing) hand (Former Employee) –  Benwood Junction, WVMay 4, 2018
The hours are long and there is no communication between management and the rest of the team.
there is no planning for anything, everything is last minute u will go from 30 hours a week to 80 hours the next.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, this comment appears to be for the JLE Energy division and not JLE Industries, the flatbed over the road trucking company that this company page is for, we will be sure the appropriate team is notified of your concerns immediately.

Great place to work!!
Many (Current Employee) –  Dunbar, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Been here for 1 year and loving every minute of it. Great company, great people and they do treat you like Family!! #1 Premier Trucking Company on the East coast!!
Strong, Growing Company with Grassroots Values still intact
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Amazing company to be a part of. Historical progress and unique in the industry. I am very excited of what is in store this year and the future of this company. Great management team and amazing professional drivers that we have in the family. I truly can say I'm proud to be part of JLE and working along with everyone here.
Pros
Great Team, Innovative, Skillful and Proffesional
Cons
Growing Pains but like any great company it starts somewhere young
Great Company Culture, They keep me moving
Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Treated me well since orientation, family culture and atmosphere. I'm happy with new truck, they keep me rolling! So far the best I've been with in my career.
Pros
Great Equipment, Communication, Good Pay
Great supportive, team environment
OTR Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 7, 2018
The company is very dedicated to getting us miles, so far my DM has been great, gets me pre-planned the day before I drop off and limits the time I sit around twiddlin' my thumbs.

Miles are good, pay is fair, they preach honesty and integrity and they keep me movin, couldn't really ask for more than that.
Pros
Miles, pre-planning and communication
Cons
More terminals would be nice
Great OTR Flatbed Company
OTR Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  Dunbar, PANovember 9, 2017
I am not sure about all these reviews talking about oil fields and machining, I think that is either a different division or different company - the company that I am driving for, JLE Industries, is the Flatbed OTR company and these guys are top notch!

I have been with them for about 3 months and I hope I can stay with them until I retire. They just increased driver pay across the board, and moved to a weekly pay schedule, which is nice going into the holidays. I even got into a truck that was less than a year old on my first day with the company.

For me, the best part is that I hardly ever have downtime - my driver manager is excellent and seems to always have a load ready for me the moment I finish my drop, can't ask for anything more, I just want to drive and these guys really seem to respect their drivers and are keeping me moving.
Pros
Consistent miles, competitive pay, respect their drivers
Cons
Nothing yet!
Great place to work at
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, PANovember 7, 2017
I like working there was a great place to work. Great people an new trucks an trailers to drive. Great pay an miles just a over all great place to work
No organization, leadership, accountability
Laborer/cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVNovember 1, 2017
Not the kind of company they make u believe. And they wouldn't buy the tools or supplies u needed to perform job. They also had the wrong people in position to accomplish tasks in a safe and timely manner
Pros
Cons
No tools to perform work
February 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience was not all that you expected.

It does sound like you are referring to the JLE Energy divsion and not JLE Industries, we will be sure your feedback is shared with the Energy team asap.

Loving my time at JLE
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  North Carolina is my home baseJanuary 6, 2017
Everything has been coming up roses for me since I joined the JLE team. Trucking is a hard job, but these guys really do their best to make you feel like you are appreciated and that they have your best interests at heart.

There have been a few hiccups, but management seems quick to reply and communication with my driver manager has been easy and helpful.

The group of drivers here are great, super welcoming and from the start of orientation this has been a top notch place to drive.
Pros
Great work environment, fair compensation, good communication
Cons
Trucking can be a hard job
productive but confusing workplace with severl conflicts within
driver (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, PADecember 28, 2016
has every potential in the world to become an absolute giant not exceptionaly focused on implementing employee ideas or suggestions for freight routes nor did the pay live up to my expectations
Pros
great equipment
Cons
poor logistics and communications
Negative Work Environment/No Work Life Balance
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, PANovember 11, 2016
I worked at JLE for two months. Management is very arrogant, only chasing the almighty dollar and speaking condescendingly. The dispatch group is atrocious, with the exception of the new driver manager hires. Some do a good job trying to advocate for the driver, but overall, those booking loads and coordinating with regular customers are where things fall through the cracks. It's truly a mess. The owners are well invested and try to maintain a positive attitude, but the place could use some overhauling with staff. Driver pay is decent, but don't let them tell you you'll have long runs. On average, you'll have 200-400 mile runs a day. You won't get rich with these folks. Also, don't speak your mind on any issues or you'll be fired. Hope this helps!
Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 7, 2016
New to the team, but so far this has been an amazing place to work.

Management is dedicated to driver support and the orientation process was top notch!
Workers are GREAT but upper managment Sucks
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 2, 2016
Promoted twice and then let go.

Seen alot of unsafe working practices.

Upper MGT has no clue how the oilfield operates.

Upper Mgt seems to not care about family/work balance.

Company took some uniforms away from certain persons to save money.
Pros
Worked with some great employees
Cons
Management sucks and are in it just for the $$$
This company sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, PAApril 19, 2016
This company doesn't pay you travel time.
The dispatcher sucks. You get a text at or after 9 pm telling what your working the next day.
Stay away from this company....
Pros
Cons
New trucks
September 13, 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in working with JLE and we apologize that it was not all that you expected.

We have made a number of significant positive changes to our Driver programs starting in July 2016, including compensation, dispatch and overall driver management.

We believe that we now offer one of the best places to work in the industry and our recent hires are benefiting from these changes as we strive to continue to offer a family environment for our employees while providing superior service to our customers.

We invite anyone who has previously interacted with JLE to come back and see for yourself all the updates that have been made!

need more work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dunbar, PAApril 3, 2016
They shouldn't adverttise for hire until they have the ones come back from layoff.
All in all not a bad place to work.
Company still trying to work out the bugs.
Pros
pretty good pay health eye dental insurance
Cons
need more work
September 19, 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in working with JLE!

We value your feedback and have been working hard to make positive changes to meet and exceed your expectations.

Starting in July 2016, we completed a number of company updates, including compensation, dispatch and overall driver management. We believe that we now offer one of the best places to work in the industry and we strive to continue to offer a family environment for our employees while providing superior service to our customers.

Thank you for being a part of JLE!

Not too bad
Hand (Former Employee) –  Fairchance, PAMarch 12, 2016
I came to the oil field to try and make some good money. My first month I made more money than I ever have in my life. It was awesome. Work is slowing down because of everything with oil. They're keeping us busy and gave us an opportunity to switch to their new machine shop in WV. If you work hard and want to learn they try and help you out. They're one of the only oil field companies that are still hiring and trying to grow. You just have to be willing to relocate to where the work is.
Pros
Good pay and some overtime during jobs
Cons
Oil field industry has less work than last year
A huge mistake
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, PAMarch 4, 2016
Initially thought it was too good to be true, and it was...after signing an "Offer Letter" for $19 an hour to start, and being told we'd have guaranteed work, I seldom had regular work...one, sometimes two days a week, for three months... Finally worked almost two full weeks and received a text informing me that they were changing our pay rate and switching us to percentage.... At times, putting in 10 to 12 hour days for no more than $60 a day....dispatch is by text, if they remember to text you, and can come in anytime between 6:30 and 9:30 at night...and it's not uncommon to be dispatched to drive as far away as a three hour drive to get a load, and get cancelled...communication is poor...
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Pay, management, communication
September 13, 2016

We appreciate your feedback on your experience in working with JLE and we apologize that it was not all that you expected.

We think that you will like the updates we have made!

Decent Growing Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, PAFebruary 25, 2016
The company grew fast last year. They added a bunch of trucks and new drivers. It was a little crazy but they are figuring it out. They try to take care of their drivers. Pay is fair. The headquarters is nice. They built lockers rooms, a break room and a gym for the drivers. It's a decent place to work.
Pros
Facilities, new equipment, benefits
Cons
Growing pains
Growing Pains
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dunbar, PAFebruary 17, 2016
The equipment is all new. Tarping sucks, but that's part of pulling a flatbed. We were paid by the hour, which was great. Then, we got a letter in our paycheck one week that said we were switching to mileage. I haven't ran enough miles in a week since I've been here to make the same money I was on hourly. So I guess I'll hang around until something better comes along
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JLE Industries. Our community is ready to answer.