JLL Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA29 reviews
Great team, work well with all trades. Office building, no Data Center
3 days a week concentrate on the PM's for the month, which include panel boards, transformers, combo starter/disc switch, MCC buckets, F/NFSS, transfer switches. Voltages from 480/277 to 208/120V 3 phase systems. Answer any client calls on electrical, power out, lights out, elevator issues. Work with the building engineers on any electrical needs in the penthouse for the chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc. Escort outside contractors throughout the building to make repairs or for project work. Monthly test transfer switches and generators, quarterly test the 1.75KW generator with the PLC controlled switchgear for proper operation.
Lighting rounds throughout the building on a weekly basis. Order light bulbs, parts, obtain material list for projects. Learned about EV

Car chargers, installed 1 on site, obtained quotes to purchase more to be installed.
Pros
Paid 1/2 hour lunch
Cons
Sodexo took over the contract as of March 1, 2015.
Resourceful and Structured to help one be successful
Jll has a good work environment that gives you assistance when needed and the tools to exceed within your work environment . Jll has transformed its culture to be more inclusive .
This company does not value your work, managers are not supported and if they want to fire you they will make up lies against your person and give you write ups without talking to you. Not a good company
They dont care how long you have service the company.
Typical Day at JLL.
When i walk into JLL I make sure coffee, conference rooms and copier room are all organized, cleaned, stocked and ready to use.
I learned a lot on my own at this job.

The hardest part at this job is to make sure you make everyone happy.

the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you made people happy.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Training could be better.
Avoid site at all cost
They sell you the promise land when you are the one that creates the promise land for upper management. You as a person are not valued. They care about stats and not about you. They overload the work when they dont want to really pay up. The more people that quit, the cheaper they go for the next person and promote their own self to boat themselves with more money. Best of luck to whoever falls in this site
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Love JLL, tough account
JLL overall is great with development, advancement and opportunities. I was on a difficult account which limited work/life balance and development/training
Great Company
A typical day was spend managing the budget to actual expenses. Workplace culture was helpful. Hardest part of the job was budget season. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the property manager and General manager.
Positive Experience
This was my first experience with client facility management. I enjoyed learning about this aspect of facility management. I also enjoyed working with the client employees and implementing quality of life programs.
Great Company
Depending on which contract you are put on makes all the difference. I was initially on a smaller account and took a promotion into a larger one which opened up many opportunities that weren't initially available on my previous account. With that being said, raises across the company aren't anything to brag about so climbing the career ladder is your best bet.
Great firm with many developed systems
JLL is a very well run company with highly experienced Managers. There can be too many "projects" (job requirements) that take a lot of time and really have little to nothing to do with your job.
Pros
In place talent
Cons
Too much to do in the way of work that is not related to your job
Elite global real estate service provider that is 100% committed to client success.
JLL embraces flexible work arrangements in order to populate its global teams with the best possible talent. Heavy user of the latest technology. Aggressive. Polished. Strong advocate on behalf of the client. Strives to be a "creative thinker".
JLL is a great place to work!
Collaborative, innovative, progressive. They offer growth opportunities, employee training, good work/life balance. I was fortunate to have a manager that genuinely cares about my career and assisting me in obtaining my goals. All of the people I have worked with are extremely helpful, caring and friendly. Overall JLL is a great company to work for.
Management Outstanding
Supervisor was one that would work with you and give any guidance or assistance if and when needed or wanted. Not a criterial environment and another with an open door policy.
Pros
Location & Opprotunity
Cons
Good place to work. Offered classes and events to participate in. Encouraged employees to participate in community events, company events, and charitable events.
Pros
healthcare, benefits
Great Culture
Great atmosphere; work with some wonderful and talented individuals. The job provided business tools are excellent! I would recommend JLL to others.
I liked the team meetings and the people I worked with.
I did really enjoy the work I was doing for JLL and the team work that we got to do together. The people really made the work enjoyable. JLL is a good company to work for, the benefits were great!
Productive Workplace- Great Training Offered - Team Oriented
I was employed through JLL as a contractor Maintenance Mechanic for 6 years. The company provided a very friendly work environment and offered support as needed in regards to projects and continuing education/training.
Pros
3rd. Shift Availability, PTO- Paid Time Off
Cons
Flexibility of vacation requests
Overall a great Company
JLL is a great company that values their employees, both work life and personal. I have not one negative comment to say about them.
Great Ideals
Dependent on the client, management team, and building, work life balance can vary. My experience in California was much more enjoyable than in Washington, DC.
JLL is one of the best companies I had work.
My job is coming to an end soon, and my manager is doing his best to support me, and landing a good job, with Jones Lang LaSalle.
He is fun to work for! Very demanding but he is not only about the numbers. He is a very family oriented also take time to know his employees and manger and has an open door policy. He is a great mentor in my life!

Thank you JLL for hiring manager like my boss.....!!!!!
Pros
Metoring is great
Cons
Na
Very good company to work with.
I enjoyed working with this company for 5 years, but i relocated my family to Richmond, VA and there were no opportunities with me to stay with the company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JLL. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JLL.