JLL

JLL Employee Reviews

Found 1,784 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,891 reviews

JLL insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great team, work well with all trades. Office building, no Data Center

3 days a week concentrate on the PM's for the month, which include panel boards, transformers, combo starter/disc switch, MCC buckets, F/NFSS, transfer switches. Voltages from 480/277 to 208/120V 3 phase systems. Answer any client calls on electrical, power out, lights out, elevator issues. Work with the building engineers on any electrical needs in the penthouse for the chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc. Escort outside contractors throughout the building to make repairs or for project work. Monthly test transfer switches and generators, quarterly test the 1.75KW generator with the PLC controlled switchgear for proper operation. Lighting rounds throughout the building on a weekly basis. Order light bulbs, parts, obtain material list for projects. Learned about EV Car chargers, installed 1 on site, obtained quotes to purchase more to be installed.

Pros

Paid 1/2 hour lunch

Cons

Sodexo took over the contract as of March 1, 2015.

Not a bad company to work for

Not a bad place to work for depending on what. You do for the company. I’ve heard many bad and good stories but my experience has been a 3.5-4 at times

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Not enough pay

Slower paced work environment, coworkers all excellent to work with and willing to teach.

overall a good place to work. Upper management was totally disorganized due to just recently taking over the property. Job duties not clearly defined.Immediate supervisor was one of the best I’ve ever had.

Pros

Immediate supervisor was one of the best I’ve ever had.

Cons

A lot of walking, Specific job duties sometimes unclear.

Management dosnt have a clue

I been here over 4 months and this place is a joke. My superviser don't even know how to paint. You don't have to know anything or bring any valu to the company to get a job. As long as you show up and breath then you are quailified. The employees who actually know what to do and get work done are stuck picking up the slack for everyone else including doing management stuf for your superviser. You will apsolutely hate coming to work.

Pros

Lunch and Going home

Cons

Everything else

Great opportunities but not for the weary

Great opportunity to work for an amazing company. They tend to understate the demands of the job, which will be most impacted by the client you are assigned to. For me, I think it was the right opportunity in the wrong year (2020). Physically, I can’t handle the long hours and stress. Perhaps if I were in a different place in life/career or on a different account, this would’ve worked out differently.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Long hours, ambiguity, pandemic impacts

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Getting "woke"

Other than the over abundance of middle management (like most large companies) and "wokeness" I cant say anything really bad. Only that JLL cares more about the contract than thier contractors (wrench turners).

Pros

Internal promotion possibilities

Cons

Upside down pyramid management style

Terrible management

This is a real-estate company. It is obvious that management here is pretty much clueless about what we are doing. It’s not a good place and seems to be getting worse daily. Would not recommend working here

Pros

Pto

Training, Resources, Support Missing

Poor support, almost no training, little trust, high turnover, but this was in my group, so it may not apply company wide. Talk to employees before you accept an offer.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lack of training, resources and support.

Good People

Good people with a number of great ideas. Wish upper management would see that and not drive top talent away over silly things or failure to act. We shall see.

Work life balance

Very supportive management and great work life balance. Client is super supportive and very easy to work with. You feel like one big team working on the common goal.

Pros

Supportive management Benefits

Cons

Health care pricey

Jobs at JLL

See more jobs

I worked with a good group of people and work was relatively easy going.

There is a large gap between the management team and the maintenance team. Communication between the two was nearly non existent. Overall this was not a bad job, but after four years of being no more than a number, it was time to leave.

Pros

No micro managing to speak of. Free to do your job without unnecessary scrutiny.

Cons

Too many managers without Maintenance backgrounds

Toxic toxic toxic...

All depends on your team but the culture of my brokerage team could not have been more toxic. If you like your team and your team likes you, it may be a good spot for you. Managing director could not have been more contradictory with his messaging. Also, if you are early in your career, expect to make no money and move up really slow.

Pros

Inbound deals

Cons

Culture, team, inability to be yourself, long hours especially in the winter (12 hour days), work weekends.

military/haphazzard

Hardest part is JLL did not understand my position. assumed they knew more than I. Did mot have the back up that was needed. Had more meetings that interfered with the functioning of plants.

I started about 3 years ago and have watched this company grow. This is a great place to have advancements in. Co workers are friendly job makes you feel accomplished.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Overnights

Normal maintenance job with a few enjoyable things

The Facility manager at Clearwater is a complete sociopathic nutcase , do not work for him he will ruin the experience completely. Workload was high but manageable , office staff were agreeable people . Work schedule became chaotic and unpredictable because of the completely incompetent facility manager.

Pros

Decent pay, lots of things to learn at such a large facility

Cons

Facility manager was a nut case and completely incompetent and sociopathic he ruined the entire job.

Run and don't look back

I started as a naive analyst excited for a new opportunity. The workload is overwhelming and management does nothing except give you false promises. "no one" at the company got a year end raise in 2020 due to covid. You will be spread thin and be hung out to dry. This company does not care about the employees. They pound that they are "Most ethical company" year after year into your brain over emails and articles, which is propoganda.

Pros

Free coffee, nice vending machines

Cons

Workload, compensation, and management

I love my job here at JLL. I have a good work life balance, I feel like i’m paid fair with room for advancement, and I think the management is very caring and feel like I work for a company that values me.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Flexibility

Cons

Good company with good pay

While employed here, I was contracted in as a maintenance tech. I was paid pretty well I thought for my position. Sometimes management gave off the impression that they didn’t 100% care about our site but overall, I can’t complain too much. I was payed more than fairy and had pretty good benefits.

overall great company

JLL as a whole is a great company. Certain local offices suck you in with great promises of pay and growth within. There is no training when it comes to working with the multiple owners. The expectations are ridiculous. If you don't come from an industrial or commercial real estate background, you don't stand a chance.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

no training platform for the multiple owners worked for

horrible experience

its a horrible company to work, my experience was terrible, no organization, no good leaders , i was a contractor no benefits its a horrible company, so dont work there.

Pros

nothing

Cons

eveything

Nowhere to grow

Lease admin is a fine job however it is not a career. There are limited opportunities to progress and management is happy to drag their feet on the process.

Pros

You leave your work at the office

Cons

No growth opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JLL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JLL.
Powered byComparably

Compare JLL with

• JLL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?