JM HUBER CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Milling Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2019
CPKelco. San Diego is not a bad place to work.the problem comes from management. The most corrupt people I had the displeasure of knowing, they lie and make false promises to you so that you fall into their web of deceit. Beware of HR and those who can’t look you in the eye when speaking to you!!
Benefits
A good place to work
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Marble Hill, GAApril 18, 2019
Great people and Great managers. Great pay for the area. Vacation allowances, medical, dental, vision, and 401k are great. Also have profit sharing and other perks.
benefits
Cons
schedules
I love working here. Fantastic pay! Around $20 a hour. Some higher some lower.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 21, 2019
Dusty environment but tons of money is being spend to on safty and lower the amount of dust in the air. You can wear a respirator but it is only required in one building. The dust levels are low in most parts of the plant. You sweep every shift.

Fantastic 401k
Pros
Pay, benefits, fantastic work culture, profit sharing
Cons
I like working here.
Customer Focused
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MD USAFebruary 25, 2019
Fast paced environment. Friendly and very customer focused. Decent Home/Work balance. Corporate atmosphere. I was part of the Silica business unit that was sold to Evonik in 2017.
Can be a great place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILDecember 5, 2018
Can be a great place to work. Overnight is difficult but day shift is very enjoyable. They deal with many conveyors and auger troughs. There is a high concentration of silca dust so can be potentially hazardous.
Pros
Pays well and good benefits
Cons
Overnight shift is 12 hours
Good culture, no movement
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2018
JM Huber has a great working culture, unfortunately it is too good. They have high retention which limits opportunities for upward mobility. Would re-consider working at JM Huber if young and looking to move up in a Company.
Hard working conditions but always learning new things
Master Ball Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 6, 2018
The company removed rock from an underground mine. Then grind the rock down to a powder which was then packaged and loaded onto rail cars and trucks to ship to customers. I have worked in all areas of the mine from underground miner running heavy equipment to above ground running the milling process. We worked 12 hour shifts. I learned to run most of the equipment at the mine site and enjoyed working by myself running the mills I was responsible for but also helping and working with others when it was called for.

Most enjoyable part of the job was everyday the seem to be something different going on and no two job task were the same..

Hardest part of the jobs were working outside in all weather conditions.
mill utility operator (Former Employee) –  Marble Hill, GAAugust 30, 2018
I loves working at jm huber.the pay was great, benefits were amazing. The only problem I had was with management playing favouritism, which is why I was terminated
Great people to work with, but senior management lacking direction
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 1, 2018
I worked with a great staff. Senior management however, was always in a stage of flux, which made it difficult for middle management to operate effectively. I was a member of middle management and it sometimes made my ability to function difficult due to the constant changes of who I reported to. Often times, those to whom I reported were clueless as to what were the job responsibilities of myself or my staff.
Cons
Company did not favor any kind of working remotely.
most stressful place I've ever worked
Operator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 7, 2018
plan on being a fall guys or looking for a new job, this place is production first, safety, maintenance and equipment up keep are not even close seconds.
Pros
lay low and the pay is ok don't get into management.
Cons
super stressful job with no job security
Cook Review
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Excellent company. The work environment is fast pace, proactive, hands on, job ownership, and great team work. The best part is they give you authority to make decisions.
Pros
Decision making
Cons
Short lunch
Political
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2017
Very political. Management is much more concerned about hiring Ph.d's and people with MBA's, but who lack common sense or industry knowledge. In other words, a paper degree trumps merit.
ok place to work
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Company is an ok place to work. The engineering department where I worked was very understaffed. Management was not malicious however they were inept.
fast paced and challenging
Packing operator (Former Employee) –  Etowah, TNAugust 25, 2017
In the five years i worked there. i was challenged mentally and physically. 12 hour swing shift with a family was life draining. not worth the money at all.
Meh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 17, 2017
Worked here as a summer temp worker, mostly out in packaging. The supervisor was great and the hours weren't bad, the work was just very monotonous which is pretty par for the course
Pros
Good pay
Cons
mind numbing work
Nasty , hot, old and management is terrible
I/E Technician (Former Employee) –  Etowah, TNJuly 11, 2017
I worked at the Etowah plant. Nastiest place I have ever worked. Conditions there are worst. Management has know idea what they are doing. No career opportunities completely political.
Pros
Hourly workforce good
Cons
Nothing good to say
Fast upbeat workplace
Miner 4/Mill Operator 3/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJune 1, 2017
Good place to work for a while. Compensation decreases over the years. As long as you keep your head down and work you will fine, but when you are vocal about changes you are frowned upon. Benefits and company life overall are good. Strong bond with coworkers.
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 31, 2017
Hard work but great pay alot to learn 12 hr days but lots of days off
great benfits and very well trained in saftey. Saftey is number 1 at this company.
productive workplace that emphasized safety and team work
PRODUCTION LEAD (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 1, 2017
great place to work. excellent camaraderie between employees and management. Company was very safety focused and put lots money into many safety projects.
fun place to work, great people
Cutomer Service Specalis (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits. The culture was fantastic and they really appreciated their employees.