JMA Wireless Employee Reviews

Cyclical
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 9, 2018
People are great to work with, and great as a whole. Hours were long and workload was extremely heavy. If they would focus a little more on employee work/life balance and had a more structured foundation at the start it would have been a great place to work. Turned over a lot of people because they couldnt see the vision of the company or deal with the stress and unstructured nature. It was relatively new at the time but the work was great and so were the people.
Pros
great people
Cons
unstructured and not enough work/life balance
Loved my job but poor management
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 6, 2018
I loved doing what i did, was very good at it but they have very poor management that drove me to put my 2 week notice. I did learn alot, due to working with engineer's on a daily which has me thinkingabout going back to school.
Pros
Good learning expierance
Cons
Poor managemrnt
Relaxed but training/communication needs work
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 11, 2018
I learned how to read a blueprint and use various tools/machines to measure dimensions/ plating depth. Also schooling is provided for free in certain departments.
Pros
Healthcare/401k vacation time
Cons
mandated outage every year around christmas
Used to be a great company to work for until they got to big to fast !!
Connector (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 8, 2018
Until this company grew too fast, I truly enjoyed working there, then as they grew management started to change not for the better, they had favorites and if you weren’t a favorite your position was doomed, whether you were a superior worker or not, the supervisors were worse, he had his favorites as well and tended to favor the minorities, not that People had a problem with the many different countries and so on, they were actually very nice, you can work your tail off and never get noticed because you were not the favorite , the hr dept stinks you address a problem with them and they go run to the supervisor when you ask them not too, there’s no confidentiality with them at all.. so word to the wise suck it up and keep to your self other wise your job is doomed!!!!
Pros
Cons
Every thing
The company shut down the Edgewood, MD branch.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MD 21040September 24, 2018
The company shut down the Edgewood, MD branch.
Overall, I enjoyed the work I was performing.
The benefits were good.
The atmosphere was good.
The facility was good.
It a stress fixing the problem that other set up tech do every day
MECHANIC TECHNICIAN 2 (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 5, 2018
JMA is a good company but I want to move on into learning more machine and wright now I been in the same department for 10 yr .There are more department in Jma but they don’t gave me the change because I am good at Connector.
Pros
Is closed to my house and people are good
Cons
They don’t have me a change in other departments
fun
Jumper (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 30, 2018
I like it the work places just because everyone in there were welcoming and it fault just like at home.every one there was like family because everyone would help me with my stuff and my training and its was a good.
Fast paced
Technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 13, 2018
The priorities change almost every week. People who work there are nice, but management is unstable. Wish the organizational structure could be more futuristic and foresee the requirements of the company
no opportunity for advancement
Customer Service/Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 26, 2018
fast paced environment with good team members. Great culture and enjoyed company perks. Collaborative culture that was inclusive of all employees
great HR support for benefits
High turn over rate
Buyer/Sourcing Analysist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 16, 2018
Management depended on what department you were in if there was good management

the turn over rate was very high and most people only lasted from 6 months to a year
Not a good place to work
Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee) –  MARYLAND OFFICEJuly 8, 2018
The management was terrible, was not for the employe. very secret about everything. Micro managed with cameras , did not trust anyone.Made you feel like a criminal. The production manger was very arrogant . DO NOT ADVISE A POSITION WITH THIS COMPANY.The company was family owned when i started then purchased by JMA and that was when all the cloak and dagger things started
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
management is very bad
Terrible
Test Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 5, 2018
Bad management. Poor leadership. Management has no clue about any of the product. Quality means nothing. They send out poor and failing product to customers just to try and make money. Turnover rate is extremely high.
QC Inspector
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 20, 2018
I was initially hired for production, because of previous QC experience I got a posted Job as a QC inspector. They found that they had too many and I was let go. There was a lot of micro managing with the use of cameras
JMA Wireless
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 12, 2018
JMA wireless is a excellent company and has a lot of room to expand in the near future, they just hired a president and a v.p. and they are running the company a lot tighter now. I see a successful buisness!
very good place to work
Rework Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 9, 2018
I work almost for 2 years at JMA love my work places, manager was very good , co worker was the best, I was always happy to work but they are having a bad time as a company and have to close the weekend shift I really gonna miss that place because as a re worker i learn a lot and i enjoy everyday that i was there in all that time never miss any day at work because was good to be there,the hardest part is knowing that the company is no doing good and that i lost my job.
Pros
very good bosses
Cons
no air condition was really hot in there
The company has the potential to be a great place to work but there are some improvements that need to be made
Assembly Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 20, 2018
Poor management leads to an unorganized and stressful work environment; inventory is consistently lacking needed parts to complete work orders; supervisors show favoritism towards some of the employees and, therefore, refuse to make any necessary changes when issues come up.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, short breaks
Very negative place
MATERIAL TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 19, 2018
that treat you like you don't mater, and when you help try to solve a problem they just ignore you, when you try to invance within the company they shut you down cause you don't have a degree, to many chefs within the company, and each one tells you something different
Thriving company
Server (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 16, 2018
This company is doubling in size, so fast,
They have grown out of the building size and have purchased an additional building. They are worldwide and have many great talented people.
company went out of business
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDApril 5, 2018
Not much to say, good people to work with but company went out of business. Production staff moved out of state and this was only a temp job through an agency
Pros
people
Cons
job insecurity
Overall nice place to work
Lead Assembler and Assembly line manager (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 27, 2018
I learned a lot at CSS Inc. which was bought by JMA.
I learned how to solder circuit boards and various other components
that are related to cellular wireless antennas.
Pros
OT availability
Cons
mandatory OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JMA Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9