JMA Wireless Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Not a good place to work
Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee) –  MARYLAND OFFICEJuly 8, 2018
The management was terrible, was not for the employe. very secret about everything. Micro managed with cameras , did not trust anyone.Made you feel like a criminal. The production manger was very arrogant . DO NOT ADVISE A POSITION WITH THIS COMPANY.The company was family owned when i started then purchased by JMA and that was when all the cloak and dagger things started
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
management is very bad
Terrible
Test Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 5, 2018
Bad management. Poor leadership. Management has no clue about any of the product. Quality means nothing. They send out poor and failing product to customers just to try and make money. Turnover rate is extremely high.
QC Inspector
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 20, 2018
I was initially hired for production, because of previous QC experience I got a posted Job as a QC inspector. They found that they had too many and I was let go. There was a lot of micro managing with the use of cameras
JMA Wireless
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 12, 2018
JMA wireless is a excellent company and has a lot of room to expand in the near future, they just hired a president and a v.p. and they are running the company a lot tighter now. I see a successful buisness!
very good place to work
Rework Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 9, 2018
I work almost for 2 years at JMA love my work places, manager was very good , co worker was the best, I was always happy to work but they are having a bad time as a company and have to close the weekend shift I really gonna miss that place because as a re worker i learn a lot and i enjoy everyday that i was there in all that time never miss any day at work because was good to be there,the hardest part is knowing that the company is no doing good and that i lost my job.
Pros
very good bosses
Cons
no air condition was really hot in there
The company has the potential to be a great place to work but there are some improvements that need to be made
Assembly Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 20, 2018
Poor management leads to an unorganized and stressful work environment; inventory is consistently lacking needed parts to complete work orders; supervisors show favoritism towards some of the employees and, therefore, refuse to make any necessary changes when issues come up.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, short breaks
Very negative place
MATERIAL TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 19, 2018
that treat you like you don't mater, and when you help try to solve a problem they just ignore you, when you try to invance within the company they shut you down cause you don't have a degree, to many chefs within the company, and each one tells you something different
Thriving company
Server (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 16, 2018
This company is doubling in size, so fast,
They have grown out of the building size and have purchased an additional building. They are worldwide and have many great talented people.
company went out of business
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDApril 5, 2018
Not much to say, good people to work with but company went out of business. Production staff moved out of state and this was only a temp job through an agency
Pros
people
Cons
job insecurity
Overall nice place to work
Lead Assembler and Assembly line manager (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 27, 2018
I learned a lot at CSS Inc. which was bought by JMA.
I learned how to solder circuit boards and various other components
that are related to cellular wireless antennas.
Pros
OT availability
Cons
mandatory OT
Great starter job.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMarch 18, 2018
It is a great starter job for someone straight out of high school or as a retired job but for somone who is eager and ready for responsibility it’s not the best option.
Jma
Team Leader, Antenna (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMarch 13, 2018
JMA was a fun place to work. I had good communication with my supervisors and peers. I was a Team Leader in the Antenna department. I enjoyed working with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Typically, I was responsible for setting up the lines for production each day.The hardest part of my job was the physical demands.I learned to use SAP software.The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my team members.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
plenty of overtime
A promising position with many advantages
Radomer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMarch 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working my job at JMA WIRELESS for its culturally and diverse. Building cell phone antennas is a very lucrative business and there are many advantages to working for a growing company such as JMA WIRELESS.
Pros
Learning a new skill and the benefits
Cons
Blatant disrespect for those who are different. The homophobia there is disgusting and dispiccable.
relatively laid back great benefits
Cell Lead (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMarch 1, 2018
I was promoted after 5.5 months. There is room for advancement here. Four 10 hour work days with Fridays off is nice. It gets very hot in here even during the winter months.
Pros
great benefits, 4 day work week 3 day weekends
Cons
slow towards the end of the year
Horrible Place to work
Antenna Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Fast paced, play favorites among people, I learned a lot and was really good at my job, trained a a lot of my co-workers but I was still making the same amount as those I was training. I trained my supervisor and everyone always came to me when they had a question. I asked about getting a raise because of everything I did for them and had worked there for 3 years and my manager told me that it is what it is and if I didn't like it then I should quit. So I did. They don't care about you as a person at all you are a number and they will replace you without caring. Nothing you do there is ever good enough.
Pros
401K, Medical/Vison/Dental Insurance
Cons
Extreme lack of organization within the company
Antenna Op (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Very unorganized work place causing the employees a lot of unnecessary stress and the pay is not the best unless you hold more then a entry level position within the company but it is fine for a job if you don't mind a high stress environment with minimal pay.
benefits
Cons
unorganized and pay
It's ok if you're desperate for work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 12, 2017
The pay was decent. Management doesn't know what they're doing and they can never agree on anything which makes us run around in circles. Many promises were made and still have yet to be fulfilled a year later. They talk a good talk(higher pay, better conditions, better benefits etc.) but nothing changes.
Pros
Decent pay, tons of OT
Cons
Management, bad benefits
poor work place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 29, 2017
very stressful work environment, poor management and very unorganized, always short on parts so can not preform daily duties well. will fire you for any little reason
Good Company, lots of opportunity
Mechanical Design Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 23, 2017
Company has many opportunities within, good work environment, excellent people. Startup feel with excellent access to resources. Sometimes a little unorganized, lack of communication.
Overworked, low wage
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 22, 2017
No accountability, no communication, no work personal life balance, cut throat culture, too busy worried about all the wrong things and won’t be able to sustain any success if it continues down this route.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else