JMI Reports Employee Reviews

Good part time job for a little extra money
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 15, 2019
JmI is a great company that offers all kinds of help. They pay weekly without fail. The job is very interesting and you learn alot but the pay is extra money value. No more. If you NEED money this job is not for you. I enjoy it but am retired from a regular job. I am dissappointed in whichever field manager posted the salary stated. You will never make 100 to 200 dollars a day. Not even close.
That simply is not true and it is not representative of the usual value system they have. Again you will never make 100.00 to 200.00 a day.
Pros
Make own schedule. Very interesting
Cons
Very low pay
Find different company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2019
There are better selections for this type of contract work. Low pay per job and indifferent management that care less about the contractors than any previous company contracted with. Many years as a field contractor and my advise, find someone else.
Pros
Set own schedule
Cons
Very low pay per job
Not worth it to work for them
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 25, 2019
After the wear and tear on your car and the gas money is factored in I was making less than minimum wage. You make $3 on average per job. Rarely a $15 job comes up but it takes 40 minutes to do the job. This place is a joke. Only work here if you are desperate.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Less than minimum wage after expenses.
New Manager was unqualified.
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  VTApril 8, 2019
I worked with JMI for 4 years as a Field Inspector. During that time I noticed a big change in the company. The pay per inspection kept being reduced (in the end my pay per week had reduced by $100.00 for the same amount of work). The management was the biggest change. They hired a new area manager who had terrible people skills, a poor understanding of the area and what the job of the people he was managing entailed. It went from bad to worst and in the end I left the company.
Pros
self employment
Cons
lowering pay - bad manager
na
field inspector (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 22, 2019
Jmi is doing everything there customers want by adding more work to field personal. There are moving more toward commercial reports.
Commercial is a lot more work for the money than residential .
They have out grown there ability complete work in the field .

I have been with them many years but has come to move. on.
Pros
was fun
Cons
to mush work for money
Plan on investing alot of time for peanuts
Inspector (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 19, 2019
I should have just gotten a low paying part time job at a convenience store. I spent more money at this job than I made. Plan on burning the wheels off your car going to remote locations, using your data on your phone,using tons of ink and paper printing off sheets,using your internet to submit reports. Use use use your time and resources for so little in return. Had to buy a measuring wheel,monopod,shoe covers, camera, clipboard,etcetc etc. Some jobs take an hour to drive to and pay $5.00!!!? There is no way this "job" could ever pay the bills. It's a racket. Some of home reports take hours to do ( high value) and only pay around 80 dollars and that's after having to fix and resubmit after it goes through QA the demands are endless. The rapid sketch program SUCKS!!!!!!! You could even get PAID for doing a home and a month later they are emailing you wanting you to resubmit it? Crazy people. Word to you all::: Go out and do it your self!!!
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Pay, no incentive
Basically work your own schedule
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Wonderful opportunity if you are self motivated and detail oriented. You will not become wealthy, but for an enjoyable part time job I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Pay
The best decision I ever made
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 31, 2019
Awesome! Did one report and got paid the next morning. I don't know how that happened. You get training and support!! And whoever the trainer is, he is completely awesome. They didn't leave me hanging. The resources provided are completely awesome. As a contractor, you go in knowing you have to manager your own time, so if you don't work, you don't get paid. If you don't like people, this is not for you. But I will honestly say in my whole heart that I appreciate this company for the learning experience and the opportunity and completely awesome leadership.
Pros
Training
Cons
Dont know yet
Worst company that I have ever worked with in 40 years
Inspector (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 30, 2019
Poor management, field supervisor will lie to you and then change rules constantly. I believe they control inspectors pay out to control their own expenses. Look elsewhere, you can make more money picking up cans on the side of the road.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!!!!
Great job for a little extra money
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 22, 2018
I have been a field inspector since January 2018. When I interviewed I asked questions so I knew what to expect. They were very honest. This is a job for extra money. They advertise it as part time income. I asked questions and explained my situation and financial needs to them when I interviewed. I knew all the details before I started. I decided on the area I would cover based on the pay. I have not had alot of wear and tear on my car because I took this into consideration. You have to be able to route well also. It does take a long time to do the reports in the beginning. You get faster as time goes by. I have been in business for myself a long time and dont figure my pay by the hour. I figure by the month. The first 6 months I was slow so pay was low. My second 6 months I was much faster and made more. My field supervisors have been great. The help desk is there for you and its free and they are great to work with. This is a job for people that need extra money. I get paid weekly without fail. I have learned alot of things and new skills. It is very interesting. I have been treated respectfully. If you go into this knowing what its about by asking questions first you will be very happy. You do have to stick with it though until you get faster to form
a fair judgement.
Pros
Interesting and make own hours
Cons
None for me.
Long days
Property Inspector (Current Employee) –  Royalton, OHNovember 29, 2018
Drive 100 to 200 miles
complete reports regardless of weather
spend hours at home uploading reports afterward.

Generally spend 7 to 9 hours on the road daily, then another 2 to 4 hours at night uploading reports.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Long hours, no advancement
Set your own hours
Worker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 11, 2018
Getting paid is the worse part of working for JMI. It is a great job , but do not expect to be paid for what you do that week. They say they pay for jobs weekly , but it works out to being paid every other week. Your supervisor is a joke , you can ask a question and you get an answer that does not make sense. You learn to work on your own an figure it out. If your looking for something that self pace then this is a good job.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Being paid
Field work and home work
Insurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Located onlineSeptember 4, 2018
Home Insurance inspection. Would log into Jmi web site and choose 1 or multiple Job oerders and drive to addresses do your inspection list which they train you for. Go home and input the info on their web site. Someone was always on call if you needed help. Learned the names and types of different houses, roof slops and terms used to identify parts of a house or business.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Money not that great
Management is very poor!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Florida and Ga.August 10, 2018
The management either thinks they are the greatest, like in South Florida, or an idiot in Georgia. The South Florida manager thinks he is a legend in his own mind. The Georgia manager is the Kelly Bundy of managers. They lie through their teeth.
Pros
Cons
Managers
JMI Reports is a great company to be involved with. They are very helpful when needed.
Home Inspection Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 28, 2018
I subcontract with JMI Reports. Most of the questions asked here do not pertain to the work situation in my job I am out in the field and am totally on my own when working on assignments. A typical day at work for me includes driving from assignment to assignment and performing each job on my own.
Pros
Work on my own at my own pace.
experince working with jmi
commercal insurance inspector (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 23, 2018
Setting appointments and going to site for commercial inspection, Uploading report within 48 hours of inspection. I have learned all aspects of the commercial loss control from inspecting apartments buildings, restaurants, shopping centers, schools, nursing homes, auto repair garages, auto body shops, industrial facilities, warehouses, wedding venues, medical offices, retail shops,office buildings, hotels,, etc.
Management has been fairly good in understanding the aspects that a commercial inspector faces when setting appointments. Management is very good to work with and is usually willing to provide extra work when needed

Workplace culture is good as one sets own hours and providing timely reports

The hardest part of the job is that at times work volume is low so that has affect on income
The most enjoyable part of the job is being out in the business world and meeting a variety of business people in conducting loss control inspections.
Pros
setting own hours
Cons
not enough volume to sustain living standards
Productive, great culture, and treated like family!
Tech Support/Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHApril 19, 2018
I loved working here and wish there was advancement opportunity for IT in the company as I would have worked there for the rest of my life! I learned a lot while I was there and it was the ground floor of my career in IT.
Good People
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2018
People are awesome at JMI Reports. They believe in treating both their employees and clients as family. Good holiday schedule and fantastic 401K. Great Benefits in today's market.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Salary
A lot of traveling
Insurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Royalton, OHJanuary 30, 2018
You get to travel roads you never knew existed and meet a wide variety of people.
Inspect dwellings for hazards and take measurements and photos.
Fill out forms for each insurance companies.
There is a lot of traveling so you better have a vehicle that gets good gas mileage.
Most jobs are cold calling where you can stop in and do these things without setting up an appointment.
Staff is very friendly and supportive.
The hardest part of the job is on the computer end with diagrams and forms but it gets easier the more you do.
Pros
you get to see places in your area that you never been to before
Cons
traveling.
High demand
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Very fast paced, hours varied by the day anywhere from 7:00am to 9:pm depending on customer availability with report completion expected within 24 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JMI Reports. Our community is ready to answer.