Read 28 answers
Better upper management and corporate management
Staff properly for the work load
I'd listen to my employees and would make sure they were taken care of so they could take care of the customer (not just the managers and take their word) but let the employees speak with no reprisal
I wouldn’t change it
Hire more people!!!! close during this pandemic
Being an old time employee and an ever older crafter and seamstress I would hire older employees with a lot of experience with crafting and sewing. Let the old teach the younger.
I would also allow each manager to select several regional items to carry in their own store. I love to go into jo Anne's in each city I visit to see new and regional items but when I go into a store in ocean city I just see the same old items I have seen in my Tigard store. Staples need to be in every store but when I find something typical to the region I become inspired and buy LOTS of things to bring home or craft while on vacation. Look at it this way..cookies made with cookie cutters from the same batch of dough get boring after you eat a dozen. Then I see you advertising a place to find the unique inspiration. Or now create something that is unique from what your friend creates. I am not inspired anymore when I enter your store because I feel everything is the same in every one of your stores.
Push for more full-time people. It would make employees much happier because now they don't have to work 2 or 3 part time jobs.
Pay employees who are pulling their weight a viable wage. You are treated like a warm body and that is not what a customer comes in to the store wanting. They want knowledgeable assistance. It isn't about corporate's bonuses. If you want to stay in business it is about the customer. I would also provide hours as appropriate to fulfill the needs of running the store appropriately but this is also dictated by a corporate office who doesn't step foot in a real store.
Change the layout of the store give it a more updated looking
Add more labor hours.
Not enough people scheduled means the longer it takes to recover, stock, and tend to customers, so thus less profit.
- What would you suggest Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores management do to prevent others from leaving?44 people answered
- How much is hourly wage starting as a Seasonal Cashier and little experience?25 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores about how to improve it?17 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores?17 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores?16 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores?16 people answered
- Does JoAnn's drug test the employees or managers?15 people answered
- How are the working hours at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores?15 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores?13 people answered
- What benefits does Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores offer?13 people answered