Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews in Hudson, OH

Found 100 reviews matching the search See all 2,788 reviews
what I learned
Retail Interior Design (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 2, 2019
Our department used Google Docs to coord project tasks for the team. The trackers kept us all up to date and on time.

I knew & used the microsoft office programs. It was great to learn the google software and see how the sharing and live aspect of the documents helped facilitate project tasks, schedule and kept communication & visibility of project progress open to all involved on the project.
I used to love her.
IT (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMarch 11, 2019
Long term fruitful relationship with multiple promotions until my department was inexplicably dissolved and I was laterally demoted. Half the team was let go, the ones with 15 + years with the company. Pay didnt keep pace with inflation, but no one that stays at a place more than 3 years is ignorant of that. Ended up getting lied to by management for years, passed over for promotions, other roles within the company, and ignored when I was harrassed by small but aggressive men who knew less than me. Unhealthy work schedule rotation caused health issues for me and others. I could have done 40 years there, if it was a normal work environment. Sad to miss her, but I'll always have some love for Jo-Ann.
Pros
Training was once a big plus
Cons
Managers and up who knew nothing
Several people left
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHDecember 21, 2018
Although the position was temporary, several individuals have left for lateral moves. The CEO has also left the organization.........................
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Under extreme profitability pressure
It wasnt what i thought as far as landing job
Contact person Rebecca (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OH 44236December 11, 2018
They werent as forefront about gettung hired the atmosphere was good but it seem like no matter the good jobs or customer good reviews i got no where with this job
Happy Place
Asset Protection Coordinator (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 27, 2018
Great place to work, be inspired, great team work. Advancement is possible with Bachelor's degree. Pretty much only have a bachelor's to apply anywhere within corporate.
Pros
Fitness discount at Summa
Genuine and passionate customers and team members
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 19, 2018
Great people overall but challenging work environment at store level. Frequently changing priorities and lack of focus creates the need to sometimes choose between customer interaction or task.
Pros
Exceptional customer base and passionate team members
Cons
Work load frequently doesn't match resources given to achieve desired results.
High Executive Turn-over, with ever-changing objectives
Marketing Program Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 12, 2018
JOANN is culturally headed in the right direction with the addition of a flagship store like no other and company morale initiatives.
However, business processes are often over-looked, resulting in rework & inefficiencies.
Pros
Benefits & PTO amount
Cons
High Executive Turn-over
N/a
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 11, 2018
start out job. Great opportunities for interships, summer work programs or employment for those who may just be starting to work in an work environment.
Fun product and great teamwork
SENIOR MERCHANDISE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 7, 2018
The product and the friendly teams helped to counter the long days and heavy workload. The businesses were SKU intensive and highly promotional. The long hours associated with promotion planning and forecasting were worth it when outcomes matched our analytical recommendations but proved to be wearisome when recommendations were not adopted or analysis was discarded.
Pros
Inclusive and fun culture
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Marketing runs the Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 5, 2018
Marketing runs the company. Toxic work environment.
Work mostly on putting out fires. Decent pay, benefits are average. Profits comes above quality of work or customer care.
No surprises, straight forward work.
Distribution Center Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 26, 2018
Plenty of hours, union shop. Treat you fine. Advancement opportunities are plenty. Management treats you well, many times thru the year they buy us lunch, ice cream, gatorade, etc.
Pros
set schedules
Cons
6 days mandatory OT at least half the year
Good company
Manager, Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 23, 2018
Jo-Ann was a good company with limited upside opportunities at the time of my employment. They were going thru a large store transformation that has since been pared back.
Hard to focus on what matters
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 15, 2018
I can have 30 customers in the store and only 2 associates, including myself. survey scores impact performance review, but most complaints are based on company policy, not things that can be addressed at store level. Most employees make less than their teenage children do at fast food restaurants.
Pros
employee discount.
Cons
low pay for part time employees
Creative environment, lots of opportunities available at the corporate office but it is also competitive.
Project Manager Hard goods (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 28, 2018
Last position with this company was on the road, opening up new stores, lots of travel, 2 weeks away from home at a time. It can be very exciting, and very lonely. I liked going to new places, meeting new people, and taking an empty space making it ready for store opening.
Pros
Fast paced, creative environment
Cons
Time away from home.
The day and life of working at JOANN
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 15, 2018
Customer Care Dept. Micro-managed. Taking orders, tracking orders, Issuing gift cards, playing the role of IT tech for the mobile App, processing refunds, listening to nagging old ladies upset that their order of yarn wasn't delivered on time and reminding them that JOANN is only the shipper not deliverer.
Pros
Discounted gym memberships and oil changes from vavoline
Cons
Bad management, no room for advancement, seniority mean nothing..a temp is more respected than an hired in employee.
Tough place to work
Manager, Forecasting, Replenishment and EDI (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 6, 2018
Joann is a tough place to work depending on the department. Upper management is not focused and does not celebrate employee wins. They tend to focus on the wrong things. They often do layoffs.
challenging and fast paced work environment
Copy Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OH 44236July 20, 2018
I was hired to run the in-house copy center which provided a weekly mail packet of communications for their chain of stores. The job offered many challenges and I gained many new skills over the course of my employment. I enjoyed my job immensely but, I was no fan of Corporate culture.
Never know what to expect from day to day
Marketing Program Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 31, 2018
Challenges are:
Lack of processes
Constant management change
Too many high level positions

This is a very stressful work environment with constant change that accounts for inefficient and poor quality execution.
Sales Manager
Special Customer Orders Clerk / Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 29, 2018
Worked for the company for many years. Only reason that I am not there anymore, is because of my Husbands job change. Really liked seeing the new merchandise, and working with customers.
Work
Tow motor fork lift driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHApril 25, 2018
You did not have any issues if you just go in do your job without complaining or causing issues. The reason I am not still there is they said I hit a pole with a tow motor but I am positive I did not. There was nothing I could do to change their minds so they let me go.
Pros
I like 3rd shift and they had available positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Powered by Comparably