Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 2,934 reviews
Always room to move up
Fabric Cutter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2019
I worked at the one in California and Florida, both were amazing until my departure from the Florida one, the thermostat got stuck on 96 and they said they weren’t getting it fixed and I had heat stroke at work one night and couldn’t return
Pros
Cons
When something in the store breaks, corporate won’t fix it
Customer Service
Shipping and Recieving Clerk/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2018
I enjoy working at joanns because of the customers assisting them in locating items for their hobbies and creating new ideas for making dolls or clothing for themselves or children. also making the customer feel at home and comfortable talking to me about what project they are working on and to assist them in finding the right tools and appliques to complete their project and have them leaving with a smile on their face and ease of them completing their project ontime.
Pros
getting to meet new people and listening to their ideas of new projects
Cons
working with great people and making everyone smile
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2017
The managers are incredibly flexible with your personal life. They are also caring and very interested in your well being! If you are in school they will make sure your schedule is as you want it to be.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoy working at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store. Co-workers are amazing, well-rounded people. The job keeps me productive, and learn new things about once a week.
Productive and fun
stocker (Former Employee) –  jacksonville, flMay 13, 2015
It was a very productive and exciting fun place to work. I learned how to cut fabric, and got to learn about the store. The management was very friendly and helpful with my experience there.
Fun work place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2015
I loved working with fabric and being a cashier as well. It was a hard job because sometimes they did not have enough people working. Management was always willing to help.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Mediocre job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of women with shopping carts full of items and tons of expired coupons on hand that can't even be combined. On rare days you are called upon to put items back or stock the merchandise on shelves. On a good day you are asked by a customer for a project idea and you help them find the perfect project to suit their needs.
Pros
benefits, 3 breaks per shift
I love the store and everyone there
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaJanuary 24, 2014
I have no problems with the store or anybody who works there. I have shopped at JoAnn's for years and all of my coworkers are amazingly supportive and loving people.
Pros
Employee Discount, Knowing Sales before they happen
Cons
None that I wish to speak of
Basic job, good for high schoolers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2013
fine, the long time employees are ignorant and only do what they have to. team work does not exist..
Enjoyed working with people
Guest Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2012
Every day was something different in peoples attitudes and I love a good challenge when someone is not in the best of moods.
I have taken an management course with Joanns and have not had the opportunity to move up yet. The position has not become available.
I can get along with anyone and the hardest thing about my job is not being able to finish an assignment due to helping the guest.
The most enjoyable part is I can be my friendly, outgoing self and enjoy helping others either the guest or help Joanns prosper.
Pros
a discount on purchases.
Cons
others not showing up on time for their shifts.