Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews in Oceanside, CA

Fun place where you can learn about all facets about crafting
I learned a lot in even just the first few months of working here. I'd already had customer service training so receiving "Cut Above"s was easy. The average accumulated is one or two among multi year workers but I've gained 16 in 5 months so that's a great way of motivating people who like physical shows of progress.
Pros
15 minute lunches, employee discounts
SO MUCH FUN not the right pay for me
Overall my favorite job. If the pay were better I would still be working there! The coworkers were all lovely and fun. The communication is almost instant with the in-ear walkies, and the discounts were lovely. I just couldn't afford to work there but if you're not too in need but would love a job to pad your wallet I HIGHLY suggest it.
Productive and always on the go
My days here at JoAnns consist of opening the store and making sure that things ran smooth. I learned a lot working here and moved up to management fast. The management was very welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of my day was making sure customers got what they wanted and found what they needed. The most enjoyable part of my day was hearing about what the customers were going to be creating.
Pros
Great work environment
It is a customer service based business
This is a company in every aspect of the word. It has a clear management and employee break down. They do work with your school and life schedule.
fun workplace
One of the good jobs I ever had. Beside Home Depot.
Great discounts.

Managers were a bit secretive and mean.

Coworkers were a blast to hang out and talk to.

the hardest part was, i can't think of one.

I learned a lot. and i take that learning experience and knowledge to any workplace i apply to.
Cons
managers were mean
Was a fun experience
When I was working there, It was a very friendly and relaxed environment. Conversations about Ideas for projects would take place between customers and employees all over the store. Anita (the manager at the time) was very caring and motherly.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
minimum wage
Productive and fast, and fun.
I work mornings, so mainly what is done is Monday's shipment stocking. I start by stocking yarn, from there I stock floral, paper crafting, jewelry, kids crafts, paint, and art. Actually we each have our on task. Whether if i'm stocking yarn, someone else is doing price changes or stocking floral.

I've learned a lot actually. I've been working at this company for three years. I really enjoy working there. Everyone including pour customers are very appreciated from our service towards them.

Management is great. The store is always clean and organized shape.

My co-workers are also great. Hard working individuals.

The hardest part of the job would have to be, tracking down product that has no article number and possibly we no longer carry.

The most enjoyable part of this job is, we are all friendly. We take our work seriously. We are hard workers. I like how we can be silly and joke around (of course when the store hasn't opened.)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.8
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight