Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews in Sherman, TX

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 2,929 reviews
Great place to share my sedwing and crafting knowledge
Part Time Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 26, 2019
I enjoyed the interaction with the customers, sharing my knowledge of different crafting and sewing skills. Helping others to accomplish their goal is a pleasure.
Pros
The enviroment of crafting
Cons
being pressured or guilted into pushing myself beyond my physical limitations.
I like it but hated the Management
Cashier and Cutting Counter (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 26, 2018
The managers were horrible... they barely worked with you and even though you have doctor excuses and car trouble, they counted that against you anyways.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The pay was minimal as well as the hours but it was a good place to work. The management was good to the employees. From many different customers coming in from young to old you learned alot of things about crafting and fabrics.
Pros
Good management, good people, fun enviornment
Cons
the pay
great
Cashier and Cutting Counter (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 7, 2018
It was an amazing place to work for and I would love to work for them again but as I have moved, I can not. I just hope everyone who stayed will remember me.
I loved it
Cashier and Cutting Counter (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 9, 2016
When I was working here, all the people were friendly and helped you as much as they could. You quickly learn the layout of the place and able to help customers easily. A+++ Would recommend.
It was okay to work for
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 20, 2015
Doing opening list. Counting out the cash trays for start off money. Make a list of duties for the workers to get done for the day. Help customer in person or on phone, Cashier if need be, put up planagrams with new products, and recieve trucks.
I learned to Manage important details that have to be done for the store to run smoothly.
Management was a little less than what I expected. I didn't expect to be degraded in front of other co workers. Those times should have been done in office. The co-workers were very supportive and we helped each other out. The hardest part of the job was the Manager. Feeling like everything I tried or did do was not enough to make them happy. I enjoyed working there knowing that I help people find the items they need and making the employees under me feel like they were someone important.
Pros
401K, Health Insurance, paid time off.
Cons
work hours were not the same each day
Horrible place to work
Part-time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 20, 2012
The store that I worked for was at first a great place and I thought I found a working family. But as I helped the old store close down and I was told not to worry, that I had a job at the new store. But when it came time for the new store to open, I was stabbed in the back and "laid off". The Store Team Leader lied to me and didn't even have the gumption to call and tell me or any of the staff that closed the old store that we didn't have jobs, I have no use for people or companies that allow this to happen to people that go above and beyond.
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many cons to mention