Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 308 reviews matching the search See all 2,784 reviews
learn new experiences while being challenged
Cashier/ Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 13, 2019
Joann fabric and crafts store can be both fast-paced and calm depending on the time of day and sales. You learn things everyday as the costumers that come in can range from being dressmakers, sculptors, to cosplayers.
Joann’s is the best job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2019
I love the job and everybody was so nice and made you feel like family and the customers are so loving and respecting. The tasks are really easy and fun.
Calm
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 4, 2019
Managers were actually helpful and did their jobs correctly. I was a temporary cashier for the holiday season and the team was very nice. Very calm and great place to start for a first job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 3, 2019
Joann is sometimes fast-paced but usually fairly relaxed and always enjoyable. The customers and employees are both friendly, and I always like hearing about what people are crafting.
Great!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 24, 2019
I loved it! Great experience, great people. You do have to stay on your feet all day though. This is the hardest part. The work is easy and management is understanding.
Was a good first/part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2019
Always stressful around holidays, never enough people working to cover all departments, management was wish-washy. Co-workers are awesome. Most of the customers were fun to engage with, lots of talented people and cool projects. Great learning experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, 3 breaks, coworkers
Cons
Management, scheduling, zero benefits
It was nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 6, 2019
Co-workers were awesome and the environment tried to stay positive. Management was good but too focused on 'the customer is always right' moto. It was fun but too stressful for the pay.
It was great but pay was low
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJune 2, 2019
This is a great job to work At I met so many great people and I learned new and unique crafts along the way, customers were sweet and often regulars felt like family but I started off at 8.25 not sure if it went up
Pros
Discounts, customers
Cons
Low pay
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2019
The job has been a great first job experience. It is a nice environment and the coworkers are friendly. I've learned all my customer service skills at this store and am constantly learning with the customers.
Good job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 31, 2019
I enjoyed my time at JoAnn Fabrics. I just wish I knew when I was on schedule and that they had a more organized way of sending the schedule out. Other than that I loved my coworkers and I gained a lot of experience and it was a great first job.
Pros
There was a 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch that I enjoyed
Cons
Low Hours
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 29, 2019
Its a fun place to work. Great products. Poor management. Management has an attitude. Management likes to hide in the office and not deal with the problems that come about. Co-workers are great. Friendly staff. Bad heating and air conditioning.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short hours
Best place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 24, 2019
Great boss. Great coworkers and great environment. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. First job I've ever had that I feel comfortable at. I don't get nervous or flustered and I enjoy being there. I've never enjoyed amy other jobs I've had but I'm grateful to be a part of thr Joanns team.
Pros
Great communication and teamwork/ Relaxed environment.
Cons
Productive, fun place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INMay 21, 2019
It was great to work with the customers. Greeting them and talking to them as a cashier. Helping them find items they were looking for. etc.

I loved cashiering and recovery (which was putting items back where they belonged.) I loved working dayshift and morning. For one I never got to do it that often and it was busy! Two- when your shift was over, you could leave.
Now working nights wasn't bad. It just depended on which manager you were closing with. Some were more fun than others. You had to know how to act with which manager. They all demanded work being done, but some were more relaxed. All in all it was a fun place to work and at times I miss it.
Pros
fellow employees, the guests (customers), pot luck parties
Cons
some managers, some nights a sloppy store, having to do everythig at closing.
Decent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 21, 2019
A typical day at work includes being in the registers most of your shift and if you're working the evenings, doing numerous closing activities. It also included checking online orders and contacting customers when items, such as fabric, are not in stock.
my lob at JoAnn Fabrics
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 21, 2019
even though i'm not very crafty, i truely enjoyed my job. along with giving great customer sevice i learned many sewing and crochet tips. i also worked with a great team.
Good work enviroment but will never get enough hours.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OR 97526May 16, 2019
Would be a good job for a teen who needs some spending money or someone who doesn't need to be paying bills. Even when I asked for more hours and they said yes I went from 15 hours every 2 weeks to 17hours every 2 weeks. Wasn't enough to pay bills or do much with.
Pros
Friendly Staff always, almost feels like family, discounts are nice if you craft.
Cons
not enough hours.
Friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 24, 2019
The atmosphere of this company is fantastic; even before working here, I could sense most of the staff loved their job and aimed to inspire those around them. This is a great place for people looking for a flexible schedule, or high school students looking for their first job. The only downside to working at this company is if you aren't in management, full-time hours and benefits are not possible.
Pros
Creative, inspiring atmosphere
Cons
No healthcare benefits, full-time status unless management
Fast paced, tight knit team, and crafty adventures.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 16, 2019
The enviorment was usually set by the workers. It gets super fast paced and crazy busy lines, its all fun when you have the hang of things. The work schedule and workers were very inconsistent with hours and showing up to their shifts.
Pros
Discounts, learning crafts, greeting people, cutting fabric
Cons
Hours and low pay
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 14, 2019
This is a fun place to work, and the employees are great. The problem is with the management. Officially the worst management I have ever experienced.
Wonder full people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORApril 7, 2019
The craft store i work at is a wonderful place to be, the coworkers are very helpful and we lift each other up. Our bosses work with us not against us. No one is afraid of anything, if we need help it's easy to ask.
Pros
Great people
Cons
no full time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Powered by Comparably