Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 183 reviews matching the search See all 2,789 reviews
Sad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 24, 2019
I am sad to say that management needs improvement. Hourly wages should be higher. Many employees are not well trained. I believe a receptionist should be hired and not have the front cashiers answering with customers waiting.
Needs to advance with times
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NHMay 24, 2019
Rate of pay was 7.25 which no one can live off of, the direction for training didn’t exist I was handed a scanner and was told to go to this area scan and put things on the wall that match and for the rest of the 8 hr shift I wasn’t even checked up on. I had to use the bathroom and couldn’t ask, when it was time to leave I went to my manager to inform her and she was chilling with customers and turned to me asking what I wanted and I was like ummmm and she told me to just keep going so I continued to work. Until another employee was like it’s passed her leave time by an hour!
When getting my schedule my manager again was hanging out with customers and I had to wait for her to shout it across the store to me. I got yelled at because the other employee working next to me kept talking and once she walked away the manager said sorry to me but she didn’t want her to feel pointed out which wasn’t right because she is also an adult and a manger should be able to ask an employee to stay focused better so I felt a bit insulted.
The whole experience was uncomfortable and it was one darn day which is why I didn’t return.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay rate, management, lack of training
work hours assigned
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 12, 2019
Hours are assigned by the sales quota required. Problem is if the store is not making those quotas hours are not given and then you find yourself working your shift with only two or three employees in the store. This is not safe, especially in the closing shift. Theft is a major problem since there are not enough employees to watch those customers coming into the store.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
No full time jobs available.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 17, 2019
I enjoyed working at JoAnns, seeing the creative projects of customers and my coworkers. It was really hard work physically as I was always restocking heavy bolts of fabric,
Pros
Discounts
Ok place to work for some extra cash...That's about it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SteuebenvilleApril 8, 2019
Very low-paced job can get pretty boring at time. Christmas is the only time that it's really busy but even then it's not terrible. Starting wage in minimum so you won't have any pocket change working here. If you are a young person who is fit expect to do all the heavy lifting...literally almost everyone that works at Joann's is really old or a little crafty collage girl...No lie
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Pay wage, hours
fun and rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 26, 2019
Stocking and helping customers was easy. The hardest part of the job was standing all the time. I enjoyed helping customers with their projects and ideas. Seeing the new products.
Pros
Hours and social interaction
Cons
Standing
Okay place to work if your married and just want to make a little money. Not a great place to work if you need a full time job,
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 25, 2019
If you want full time hours, you have to be available 24/7. They will not work around ANY outside interest including trying to further ones education. I reached top pay for my position after a few years, there fore I did not get a raise for over 4 years. Until they raised the cap amount due to the cost of living. Moved during my employment there and management would help me to transfer to another location closer to my new home.
fun
SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 17, 2019
worked 4 hour shift 2 days out of the week though wasnt enough to pay my bills so i left
its a good place to work though so i didnt really want to leave
Cons
not enough work time
good place if you are retired
customer service (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2019
if you have bills and children don't work here. You can not live off the salary. It is good for somebody who is retired and just want to do something so they aren't bored and have a little extra pocket money.
customer service is important.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2018
customer service should be taken seriously ,customer service is important ,taking care of employees is important, a company's best asset is its employees.
FUN place to work if you're a student
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FLOctober 21, 2018
Definitly avoid cutting counter if you start out as a seasonal employee, SAVE YOUR FINGERS. Otherwise its a fun place to work part-time, especially as a student. I still have lasting friends from my time there and i aquired new skills and even improved in math.
Pros
discounts, preview product before it hits the floor
Cons
at my location management was very poor
VERY nice company to work for
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
I worked nice hours 5a-noon. I occasionally assisted at the cash counter or cutting table if staff ran late. Learning was made quick and easy and cusyomers were regulars and made work enjoyable sharing their current projects!
Pros
People
Cons
Temporary employment
JoAnn's
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 17, 2018
Working at JoAnn's was definitely a lesson in customer service. It taught me patience, how to multitask, and problem solve. They're very flexible, and pretty easy going as long as you get your job done.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 17, 2018
Jo-Ann's is a great and friendly place to work. You get to know the people who come in and the projects they have in mind and how you can help them. When I worked there my coworkers were very friendly, we had our laughs, our good days, our kinda off days, our busy days (usually Sunday) and our slow days.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, close to food places
Cons
on your feet all day
Great coworkers in a great, but busy, store
customer service (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAOctober 16, 2018
They keep you on your toes, don't expect to get everything done but know it will get done. By the end of the day you'll feel good about the work you did.
Pros
15 min Breaks, friends, busy
Cons
quick, competitive, must complete all tasks
creative and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 5, 2018
Fast paced always on the go helping customers. Need to know the store inside out and able to put everything where it goes. Friendly people willing to help.
Great workplace with exciting work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Jo-Ann Fabrics was a fun work opportunity. From working with unique and exciting products, to having kind and helpful management and coworkers, this company was a great place to work.
Pretty good, not so good hours
Stocking, customer service (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 27, 2018
Pretty good, not so good hours. i did not expect to be working 10 hours a week and I'm applying for a second job, the environment and employees are great, though.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2018
Fun to work here and help customers with projects and advise on sewing,crafting. Giving customers help they need to complete a project. Management is great.
The day and life of working at JOANN
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 15, 2018
Customer Care Dept. Micro-managed. Taking orders, tracking orders, Issuing gift cards, playing the role of IT tech for the mobile App, processing refunds, listening to nagging old ladies upset that their order of yarn wasn't delivered on time and reminding them that JOANN is only the shipper not deliverer.
Pros
Discounted gym memberships and oil changes from vavoline
Cons
Bad management, no room for advancement, seniority mean nothing..a temp is more respected than an hired in employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss