Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews for Stocker

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 2,929 reviews
The worst
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 26, 2019
I've had a lot of different retail jobs but Jo-Anns is hands down the worst. Whoever is currently running this company has no idea what they are doing. I was hired and told I was pretty much on call because they have no idea when their trucks are arriving. They had at most three people doing a truck in such a cluttered backroom. Never was properly trained, just shoved in. The company is just ridiculous.
Pros
It's a job
Keep moving
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 5, 2019
This company will treat you like a light bulb, and once they've burned you out, they will dispose of you.

Any relevant experience you have will be ignored and you WILL be given minimum wage.
Pros
Coworkers are generally good people
Cons
Corporate are idiots and do not care about their people
It was a great job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 1, 2019
I loved every bit of working there. I quickly trained in all departments and was able to fill any role. I loved the people I worked with most. It was fun to work with crafty people and i loved the discounts for my own crafts.
Pros
Discount
Cons
a lot of physical work, really early morning shifts.
Great Job for Students
Stocker (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 4, 2019
Hours and pay aren't exactly anything to brag about. If you are a student or just need something on the side for play money, then it could definitely be something you might wanna look into!
The culture is great and I love my coworkers. The management at my store is a bit poor but that could likely just be where I work.
Stocking and Heavy lifting
Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJuly 19, 2019
The basic day to day work for Jo-Ann Fabric was to unload a truck into a tight area and push a cart into the store. I usually had to move any heavy boxes and clean store floor and bathroom. I would have to reorganize misplaced items that were left from the previous nights.
Pros
Great customers, Good employees
Cons
High theft area
Good products but over priced.
Part-time Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 28, 2019
Management was a joke. The asst mgr stood every shift she worked and talked to her parents for 2 hours when they came in. She was a very heavy set woman that had tons of piercings and tattoos everywhere She wore shorts everyday and dressed Goth. Was totally inappropriate for JoAnn Stores. Management was extremely unfriendly to other employees and staff. Was not a good environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Nasty management
Ok Job for Starters
Team Member, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIApril 30, 2019
Working here is such a great experience for customer support. The pay was ok but not a desired amount. The hours start out good but ended badly which is what caused me to leave. The managers were amazing. And the work environment is good for Social an Anti Social people.
Pros
Lunches an Breaks
Cons
Not so Good Pay
Fun Place
Stocking Crew/Cutting Table (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2019
I enjoyed working here, but it definitely does not pay enough to make a living off of it, especially when they randomly cut hours. Still fun a fun place to work though.
Not the nest place I have worked at
Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 18, 2019
The management there was not all on the same page and was changed twice even though I was only there for about a month. A lot was expected of us, but in an unrealistic amount of time with consequences for not completing the tasks given.
A nice place to work
Inventory stocker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 25, 2018
The people and management were lovely. It was a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere to work in. The place was very well kept by all the employees. Work was nice.
A productive and fun work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2018
A typical day at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft is relaxed but structured. You didn't need to rush through your tasks, but you did need to keep an eye on the time to make sure that you are good between tasks. It was here that I learned to properly stock and do inventory. Honestly the hardest part was managing my time correctly at first, but once I was there for awhile I was able to set up a system that works for me. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is seeing customers faces when I am able to help them with what they need.
Pros
great management and employees
Jo-Ann Fabrics
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2018
Had fun working at Jo-ann Fabrics. Had a lot to do so i was never bored. I had the opportunity to help people get the store ready for the day/week. It was a lot of fun
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Not Enough Hours of Work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508October 2, 2018
Joann does not give enough hours nor pay enough for a person to be able to get nor retain an stable living environment. This job would be a good second job to have but cannot maintain stable living off of the wages and hours that are given at this company.
Pros
it was close to my home
Cons
not enough hours given to maintain a stable living environment
Friendly coworkers and the best costomers
Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 31, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft. Even though I was hired for seasonal employment, I would be open to working there again in the future.
Pros
A positive work space.
Cons
None that I saw.
Enjoyable part of the job
Stocker/Recovery (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAMarch 22, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is re-stocking the shelves and hooks and place them in the correct spot. I kept on stocking until the end of my shift.
Pros
Stocking
Cons
Meetings
Fun workplace nice co workers
Stocker (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 17, 2018
It's nice environment friendly co workers always clean good managers good pay good hours customer always nice good stocking very close to everything and everyone
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 12, 2018
The JOANN Fabrics & Craft I worked at was a good steady place.The job was simple. Anybody could do the job. I worked graveyard so it was even easier because, no customers.
Sucks
Driver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801July 28, 2017
They do not respect their employees at all. Every day you come in just be prepared to deal with bad attitudes and gossip. Management is horrible and breaks are short.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Long hours and the pay sucks
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 5, 2017
Wasn't a bad place to work at. Only thing was management was unorganized because two managers could not get along and always arguing. Small store and small warehouse.
It was fun working here, friendly custmers.
I liked my job because I wasn't in one place too long. I cashiered and stock the shelves and unloaded the truck. It was kinda fast paced. Customers,were friendly which makes,our job pretty easy.
Pros
You got a discount on some items
Cons
No insurance for pt people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Powered by Comparably