Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Review

View all Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores reviews

Terrible place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 19, 2019
I was working in a Greenbelt branch. The management was rude and cold, the word "culture" had no existence there. The atmosphere among employees was very stiff and filled with stress. The store was constantly understaffed and disorganized.The employees are expected to work very hard for a minimum pay.
Pros
Cons
no benefits for part time workers, poor management

Other Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, terrible company
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 21, 2019
Joann Fabric and Craft, as a company, is not that great. It's the co-workers that make the job bearable. There are never enough people scheduled to adequately take care of the customers. The return policies and the coupons are absolutely crazy. You can return fabric you purchased, which leaves chopped up bolts of fabric to resell. Coupons are hard to understand for employees, and near impossible for customers. As an employee you need to be bouncing from your station to returning product to shelves to helping customers. And they have added cleaning the bathrooms now too. It is such a shame that Joann's is the only game in many towns. They have great employees but treat them as totally replaceable. Even the 20% employee discount is given to everyone via coupons! If you love to sew or craft, I hope you can find a more appreciative and focused company that values your skills to work for.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Corporate
Work culture was good but the job took over your life
Part-time Casual Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 21, 2019
This was my first job, I have nothing to compare it to, but the overall work/life balance was very skewed. As someone who only worked part-time, it felt work basically ruled my life and I was tired all the time. I loved my co-workers and manager, but i felt like i learned everything i needed to learn, and decided to leave for something better. A good job if you can handle a lot of stress, but those who can't tend to leave after a short while.
Pros
breaks, friendly co-workers, relatively lax workplace, employee discount
Cons
very short staffed, a lot of stress, possibly having to take many roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight