Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Review

View all Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores reviews

An ok part time job if you need one, not worth the stress or time if you want anything else
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAJune 9, 2019
Part time you get maybe 15-25 hours a week if you're lucky at minimum wage, which is not enough to support yourself anywhere in the area. No real benefits for part time other than PTO. All about sales numbers and getting people to sign up for coupons and emails. More often than not you'll be doing the workload of multiple people by yourself. Zero room for advancement and a stressful environment with little reward on top of that. Always short staffed and a revolving door with new employees. Co-workers are generally friendly and very approachable and make dealing with everything else slightly less painful. Constant problem with sales not being displayed and coupons that you can almost never use. It's a good position if you're in school or need extra money but not something you could live off.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Poor hours, management is hit or miss, no room to advance, short staffed

Other Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews

Not a bad place, just burnt out
Fabric Cutter & Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 18, 2019
It's not a bad place to work at, just after two years there my level of satisfaction is draining faster and faster every day. My rate of $7.90/hr is not helping me pay my bills anymore since I have gone back to school as well as coving my phone and car bills.
Its retail! Was a decent place to work depending on level
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 18, 2019
Joann's was decent place to work with flexible hours. Being retail equals low pay. Not enough floor staff but expected you to achieve goals and merchandising in a timely manner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Powered by Comparably