Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Review

View all Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores reviews

Most horrible work environment ever
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Essexville, MIJune 6, 2019
Literally still makes me sick to my stomach to think about working here. Don’t get me wrong, the actual job wasn’t bad except you’re so overworked you step in the door and don’t have time to even use the restroom. Very understaffed even during promotion events and super sales. Very rarely was more than two people to cover the entire store.. meaning usually one person cutting fabric and the other running registers. I would work 5 days a week but only get 20-25 hours meaning they were generally 4-5 hour shifts... a waste of my entire day. I’d have rather worked 3 8-hour shifts and have the rest of my week to enjoy. All of that aside the worst part was upper management and even in store management. Don’t get sick or have a family member die cause they will act like you did something wrong having to call off... I get that there are only so many employees but they have no empathy.
The discount was great and the job wasn’t horrible, would be better with more staff and better management. The company constantly pushed it down employees throats that they were cutting hours due to low sales and that we needed to drive more sales. Constant changes from upper management were very annoying as well.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, hours, no advancement, low compensation

Other Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Employee Reviews

A very fast paced and reactive place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service/Demonstrations (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJuly 21, 2019
I liked working as a cashier and setting seasonal aisles. The store was always busy. We had to work, no standing around even in last summers high heat with out ac. Many situations came up which caused me to leave unfortunately. Very low starting salary.
Stocking and Heavy lifting
Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJuly 19, 2019
The basic day to day work for Jo-Ann Fabric was to unload a truck into a tight area and push a cart into the store. I usually had to move any heavy boxes and clean store floor and bathroom. I would have to reorganize misplaced items that were left from the previous nights.
Pros
Great customers, Good employees
Cons
High theft area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Powered by Comparably