Job Corps Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun and illuminating!
apprentice electrical training (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 10, 2018
job corps is not a company but is a training institution.I attended as a student in the electrical trade.A typical was waking at six eating breakfast and then heading for the work shop or classroom.I spent most my time in the work shop doing project for the center such as making Ethernet cable or installing an outlet.
Pros
free food
Cons
20 every two weeks is a training place not a job.
great experience
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAApril 6, 2018
Ability to answer high volume of calls
Inbound and outbound calls
Able to understand software • Faxing, scanning, emailing, filing, and copying
Updating files
Planned events
Participated in a variety of meetings
Talked to youth
Delivered mail
Pros
working with kids
Cons
slow pace
Strict and Productive Workplace
Student/Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2018
A typical day a job corp would consist of going to training class to learn a different subject in Facilities Maintenance. After a detailed description of the subject we would then go to hands on training to learn what we were taught for the day or week. Workplace culture was fine other than when u had certain people ruing the workplace environment. I learned a lot and concrete and masonry while also learning plumbing and electricity. I even had the pleasure of running conduit through a small house that we built. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was that i got to experience what it would feel like to be an real constrution worker. I was able to lay foundation and jackhammer away old foundation.
Stressful placement. Hard work but not worth the effort
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 6, 2018
If you go to. Jobcorps be prepared to get paid little and work a lot for it. If you have a phone for contact reasons expect not bwobg able to afford it. Expect a horrible pay especially working in culinary. As you'll work longer hours and a day extra. No benefits. No advancing in the field while there unless cooking. Then you become a chef. Housing is given and food.
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOApril 5, 2018
N/A, Avaerage work day consist problem solving and regular day to day funxctions. I.E. password recovery, user name admin. Student computer issues as well as employee computer issues and techincal support.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Goals were easily met.
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEMarch 29, 2018
The job corps inviroment was competitive yet goal reaching. Many people had tried for the same job yet I was lucky enough to get it. There were dorms on campus which made getting to work very easy. In all job corps was a lifetime opportunity.
Pros
Goals were easily met
Cons
Short breaks
Open campus
Student (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 29, 2018
Applied to Job Corps, to gain skills in the workforce. I was able to move into the honor dorms, due to professionalism and good grades. Some people are rough around the edges.
Pros
was my stepping stone to a Naval career
Great learning opportunity
Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMarch 29, 2018
While I was at job corps I learned a lot I was able to get a pre apprenticeship in electrical house wiring. One of the best decisions I have made in my life.
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Grafton, MAMarch 28, 2018
The facility was remarkable.
They provided everything you need including room and board, food, and education.
They even paid you a additional 25 dollors every other week

It was a job trade school.
Fun place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Darby, MTMarch 26, 2018
Job corps was a great place to work i lived in dorms on the Montanna
Native American Indian Reservation working as a professional painter with other people my exp there was Great
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits, Life Insurance
Cons
Loud Working areas
Low Pay
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Grafton, MAMarch 20, 2018
The Job Corps I worked for was run by Adams and Associates a company that pays poorly, has lousy health benefits (they cut spousal coverage while I was there)and only cares about their bottom line. I met some really nice people who worked hard, were under paid and under appreciated. They left as soon as they could find another job and so did I. I lasted almost two years. It's a shame because the program is really important to underprivileaged young people and it's great when you see a young person with little hope get turned around and have goals in life. If only the staff was treated with respect!
Pros
Helping you people
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Benefits, Negative Atmosphere
Excellent training school
Student (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 17, 2018
Excellent place to learn the career you choice you want to go into , friendly staff, teaching in a slow but still fast paced environment, safe Veyron meant to work and learn.
Pros
Free training paid every second Wednesday Ability to go off campus
Nice learning experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Exeter, RIMarch 15, 2018
Job corps is a training school and I worked in the kitchen. It’s a very hard working but fun job to have. I had to cook and clean and also help other people.
The Jacksonville JobCorps allowed me to strengthen my skills as a Forman and as a person
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2018
Here at the Jacksonville JobCorps the have helped me in many ways. In my time at the JobCorps I was able to rise through the ranks and become the Forman. I started out as the tool stwert and later recived the promotion of Safty mashal before finnaly becomeing the Forman.
The job has its benefits
Residential Adviser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2018
It's a good place to work but the hours are broken into shifts. There is little to no compromise with the shift as you would have to decide to work nights or afternoons. no in-betweens. there is plenty of opportunity for overtime and the PTO benefits are the best part of the job.
Great
Help Desk/Deskside Support Student Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 10, 2018
Nice educational program that teaches and helps you get your first job in the workforce. Also helps with Drivers License and looking for a home to obtain
Great to gain work experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
Job corps its a school program where you can learn a career have some certificates and when you graduate, you have the experience needed to start working
School
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 8, 2018
This was a school not a job it was really good of helping you be cut on your feet to work in the world and yes if you're 16 to 25 I suggest you get this if you do not know what you do with your life yet
Time patience and hard work
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2018
Job corps is a program that provides opportunity and a second chance in life to continue your education along with leaving with certifications in the multiple of trades they provided. Some were more promising then other and most didn't go anywhere at all.
Pros
a program to help people going down the wrong track, and to keep a lot off the streets
Cons
work base sites and instructors at job corps
self pace on job training program
International masonry insitute (Former Employee) –  Yachats, ORMarch 6, 2018
job corp is a place that is pretty much like normal work life you wake up to what you have to do. Then you get ready for work eat and prepare. Then comes the start of the day the student must go to their assigned areas which is commonly trade and school. But through out the workday there is two 15 minutes breaks and then a 45 minute lunch. The culture there is mix its dramatic and calm. The hardest part while i worked there was that i was an outcast that nobody really knew except a few that took there time to know me. The part that i really enjoyed was my project and how they turned out.
Pros
three free meals a day two 15 minutes breaks during the work day counselors to talk to
Cons
We were not allowed of the campus unless sighed out by an guarding, and nobody took there time to ask how are you doing today