Job Corps Employee Reviews

Found 2,416 reviews matching the search See all 2,420 reviews
Great work environment, but bad living conditions.
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Darby, MTOctober 16, 2018
In my trade I learned a lot of useful information that will help me later on in life. My trade instructor was a key factor in my success in job corps. He helped me get through and find what I wanted for my future and critique me on things I could do better at. For the trade and educational part of job corps I would recommend this place to people that needed it. A for the living in job corps, it is toxic, it is lead by patronizing hypocrites that don't treat you as an adult and choose to try and control every second of your life in dorms.
Pros
great trade program
Cons
terrible living environment
great
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAOctober 15, 2018
i didnt rally liked the job. they had alot of rube people and didnt wanna work has a team but everything still counts but no dont go or work their. only if u wante to
Productive and great place to work!
SGA/Leadership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IowaOctober 13, 2018
Great place to work has great benefits and good work environment. Working at Job Corps exposes you to a lot of benefits they have great health benefit.
Very cut-throat. Great for getting into gear.
Student (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2018
Being here is an overall a new and extremely pleasant experience. While some of the administrators and dorm room administrators should be trained better, the program itself is fantastic.
Pros
Free dental, health and wellness, and room and board and wifi.
Cons
Some admins don't do what they are supposed to do creating an unfair environment.
Great co-workers, great students / trainees, clueless management
Career Transition Readiness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 11, 2018
High turnover - management more interested in numbers than students - clueless on how to motivate trainees or employees - no training for new employees
rec hall go in town can swim in a indoor poll for free rec trips to fun events every weekend
Student trainee, HBI Facilities maintenance (Current Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 11, 2018
you are in trade for 8 hrs after that you go to your dorm there are 4 dorms you can do what you want for the most part unless you have a leadership then you have to go to some meeting but then there are other thing here you have to do if not you get in trouble.
Pros
free food free place to live they pay you to stay out of trouble
Cons
drama from staff and students not all the time but most of the time
It was fun.
Student (Former Employee) –  Pisgah Forest, NCOctober 11, 2018
I was able to learn a lot with good guidance and leadership. Thus became a leader myself and from there I sky rocketed. Theres room for improvement everywhere you go. Tasks can be challenging, but with the right team and instructions you're with no doubt going to be successful.
Working in team and assisting others where necessary and having fun by palying pool after classes with friends.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 11, 2018
Interesting program and so helpful. Direct and guide students work on their carrier path, achieve their short term goal. Offers a lot of different opportunies to students
Pros
Free food, free allowances
Cons
paid time off leave as desired when there is much PTOs
MTC Review
RESIDENT ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 10, 2018
MTC is a contracted business through the Department of Labor, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the students and some co-workers. The overall experience was enjoyable watching the changes of the students to better themselves educationally, professionally and personally. The hardest part was dealing with certain co-workers that were technically not suited for the job but due to vacancy needs and low pay were hired.
Pros
Helping students to become better.
Cons
Low pay, long wait time for pay raises and bonuses.
fun place to learn new things
DORM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2018
This was a trade school it helped you get training and what ever trade you wanted.every day we had to sing in by 6:30 and be out by 7:45.be in class at 8. They had math classes and reading classes for people that needed help in that subject. other than that you stayed in trade all day and complete what they called tars.
Pros
free everything we needed
Cons
early curfew
very productive place to work
CTS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2018
I think that once you are in the setting you want to move up the ladder because this is a great opportunity for young people only if they want to be successful in life.
Pros
breaks, able to act as a supervisor on ocassions
Cons
healthcare
It helps with career advancement and it was productive. Not really a fun place to work
Work Base Learning Internship (Former Employee) –  Nemo, SDOctober 4, 2018
So, my review of this place would have to be a 3-starred because I got treated poorly here by the staff and students, but I still got my work done. Lovely outdoors type of deal. its beautiful in the summer time, but cold in the winter time.
Pros
dental insurance, vision insurance, and health insurance. free lunches, etc..
Cons
pressuring, strict, snobby students, and the smell on some days
Albuquerque Job Corps Center is and always will be the best decision i made to get my life back on track.
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2018
To describe AJCC in two words, i have to say, in some weird way, it is and always will be "Manifest Destiny". AJCC gave me the second chance to better myself in certain aspects of my life. For example, my life hit rock bottom before i made the decision to go to AJCC.
Pros
Housing, Health Care and Dental, Training for both work and life.
Cons
Nothing at all
n/a
HEALTH CARE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Guthrie, OKOctober 2, 2018
it was a good day, I learn how to take care patients and yea I love taking care patients and helping I can promote residents’ independence and provide assistance with housekeeping, vacuuming, laundry and additional duties as assigned. Companion care: providing the client with happy, joyful experience by providing interactive care. Personal Care: assists the client with approved personal activities, including bathing, toileting, etc.
Productive work place.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kittrell, NCOctober 2, 2018
Keep your head in the game and do what you came to achieve at Kittrell Job Corps and you should have no worries, also staff can be difficult at some point in time living there but it's nothing you can't get through. Stay woke, don't let the corruption confuse your purpose.
Pros
Free lunch, Salary, wifi in dorms, Vending machines in dorms...etc
Cons
Short breaks, not enough salary.
fun
Culinary intern (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKOctober 1, 2018
The work day was hard work off the bat and stressful but all in all really good.then after the work day we where aloud to work over time if we wanted.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no food was aloud in the work area
Great job with good benefits
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Kittrell, NCOctober 1, 2018
Working environment was fast paced and constantly busy. The fellow employees were great to work with and the students were a pleasure to be around. Great opportunity to learn new things.
Vocational Training
Facilities Maintenance Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kittrell, NCOctober 1, 2018
Good place to get your life together. Provides training for main aspects of job fields. There is no rush, it is self paced and signed off when you really understand what you are doing
On-Campus trade school.
Welder Trainee (Former Employee) –  Flatwoods, VASeptember 28, 2018
job corps was a life on campus trade school for trades like welding, and carpentry. It was not a fun place and was up in the mountains, students could not leave the campus without permission, and were paid 23 dollars biweekly. I would not recommend this specific job corps.
Pros
Trade/skill training.
Cons
sometimes a hostile environment, fights, substance abuse
It was a good time
Employee/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2018
They were lax with most things and strict with others. Nothing would get done unless you kept reminding the staff about what you needed. At least they feed you and give you a place to stay.
Pros
free room, board and food
Cons
incompetent staff