Jobspring Partners Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
Jobspring Partners is a great place to work because of their collaborative and helpful work environment. Everyone here is easy-going and easy to work with. Overall, one of the best places to work and best recruiting agency in the Bay Area.
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
I currently work at Jobspring Partners in San Jose and have been here for over a year. I have received great mentorship and developed valuable skills while having a good time and enjoying who I work with.
An amazing place to work...
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
Jobspring Partners is the best technical recruiting firm in Silicon Valley. I have everything I need to be successful. I am well compensated. I enjoy my coworkers and the work I do. I'd highly recommend working here.
Pros
Great culture, team oriented, growth path, competitive compensation
Cons
You will be challenged, but I think that's a good thing!
Fun Place and Great People
Full Desk Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 17, 2017
Great coworkers and fun sales environment. It is really dependent on the manager that you are given because they ultimately determine your happiness and success at the job.
Tech Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
The people are great. I made a lot of good friends. I feel like I learned a lot of great skills that will be very useful in the future. The job itself isn't for everyone.
Tough environment
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Steep learning curve. Competitive atmosphere. You work on a team of 4-6 people and almost never interact with anyone else in the office. Make sure you get along with your immediate manager before coming aboard. He/she can make your training miserable. They did some borderline unethical things that I hated, so I quit.
Pros
huge earning potential if you stick around, great benefits
Cons
micromanaged, don't always act in the candidate's best interest (imo)
Jobspring partners offers great opportunities for those who are willing to work hard
Full Desk IT Sales/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 28, 2016
Jobspring partners is a fast paced environment, a typical day would consist of the morning meeting to discuss the plan of attack. After that it was time to hit the phones. In the afternoon it was time for emails and interviews with prospective clients. Great place if you are looking for an entry level position or fresh out of college.
Do not work there
Entry Level Technical recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 25, 2016
feels like a pyramid scheme, So much work to be done form the worker bee's and al the rewards to those that are on top. NO work/life balance. OVERTIME is a must and not in the you get things done. the people are horrible work ethics. forced to do things ridge and mindlessly a lot of cold calls must be done.
Pros
worked around my school hours and chose my hours
Cons
base salary and only able to work as a student
Productive, fun work environment
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2015
Great training program. Tech recruiters both client and candidate side of Information Technology recruiting. Great for anyone who wants to get into the recruiting field.
worst job EVER
Technical recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
prefect for recent grads that need to take a job right away and have no skills.
Wouldn't take it , unless it is your last resort.
toxic environment.
serious micromanagement issues,
no social life,
and bad case of the pyramid scheme feel
Unreachable work/life balance
Entry Level Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  BostonSeptember 2, 2015
I worked at Jobspring Partners for just under a year and I just want to prepare these entry-level graduates for what they will be in for. The interview process includes them telling you what you want to hear. Everyone is friendly and it seems like a great place to work. The problem I had most with the company is that once they hire you the job becomes a 12 hour a day commitment. Taking a day off to go to a doctor appointment is even frowned upon. I was hesitant to ask for time off for my sister's wedding! You do learn some valuable skills while cold calling all day. They say in the interview you need thick skin but its because of the managers yelling and grunting their disapproval if a mistake is made. I don't want to paint the picture that this place is all bad. A typical day of work includes a team meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays, a scheduled lunch from 12-1 and then some more calls in the afternoon. If you can handle getting constantly rejected (Boston is a very competitive market for recruiting companies) you can eventually carve out a nice career there. With that said very very few employees last longer than six months with a very low base and more competitive wages elsewhere.
Pros
Training program, workplace experience, location of office
Cons
Very little pay, long hours, unpaid hours "homework", often rude managers
Best network of resources in the field
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 23, 2015
They are the best way to get a new job. Hands down. There is no one else that has a hard-working team that closely works with clients and hiring managers. They also host great regular events. It also helps that they are nationwide too!
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
waiting time :\
Fun Work Environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2015
The office culture at Jobspring Partners is great. They offer a great training program. If you want to succeed you will need to put in long hours and hard work.
good place to start
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 1, 2015
great place to start a career. they give you the tools you need to be successful in the business world. The people working there are great to be around.
Good for entry-level, NO work/life balance
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2015
This is a great opportunity if you want to get into sales and just starting your career. I started working at Jobspring right after graduation and I have seen multiple people get promoted under a year and under 2 years to manager... and are making over 100K a year. The company promotes from within and the career growth potential here is unreal if you work hard.

On the other hand, this job is entirely micromanaged and has no freedom. You are told exactly what to do and say by your manager who sits directly across from you and watches/questions your every move. When you don't do something exactly as they expect you to you are shamed and torn apart in front of the entire office. There is no positive reinforcement, only negative.

You are paid over time but you are also required to put in extra hours at home which you do not get paid for. Entry level employees are putting in at least 50-60 hours per week. No flexibility.

The way they expect you to pick up accounts and bring in candidates is by stalking people and calling them incessantly from different numbers to try and get them to pick up. Very unprofessional.
revolving door
Full Life-Cycle Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 5, 2014
A place good for recent college grads to gain some experience. Few succeed here as it's a high-stress, high-expectation environment with poor pay in a highly competitive market. A lot of cold-calling and micro management and glamorous promises of success. Still, a good reality check for recent college grads on the real world.
Pros
young energy
Cons
poor pay, micro-management
Smile and dial work environment.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2014
Typical day at work consist of sitting directly in front of your manager cold calling from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Very structured, low compensation, management is on top of you.
Young, fast paced, and energetic environment. Great for entry level professionals to quickly dive in and soak up valuable skill sets.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2014
Everyone is required to come in at 8:00AM or 8:30AM depending on the day of the week. Everyone morning is reserved for targeting our "hottest leads" in hopes of getting the hiring manager on the phone, building a relationship with them, and gaining their business. We kick off the afternoons by going over things we had accomplished in the morning or discuss any urgent matters that needed immediate attention. By the 2pm we either call candidates to recruit them or schedule them for client interviews.

I learned a wide spectrum of business development skills all the way over to owning the whole recruitment process. The management staff is pretty young, helpful, but sometimes short tempered. The environment I worked in was very loud and crazy all of the time. If you watched the movie Boiler room, then you may have an idea of what it was like at Jobspring.

The hardest part of the job was recovering when deals don't go down and continue doing the same thing day in day out in hopes that the next candidate has the whole package of what the client is looking for. The best part about the job is getting new business and getting candidates out to the interviews, finding candidates jobs, delivering great candidates to clients, and happy hour!
Pros
Youthful environment, team collaboration, specialized market
Cons
Attrition rate is really high, and compensation should be more for the amount of work we have to do
Great place to work and build necessary job skills!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Jobspring Partners is a great company to work for. They not only have one of the best recruitment training programs that sets you up for success, but they genuinely care about staying tech knowledgable and keeping up with the next big thing. As the Marketing Specialist, I have seen the progression of the company for over a year now and I can honestly say that this boutique staffing firm cares for their employees and has given the profession of recruiting a much more genuine feel. Instead of resume pushing, they sit down with every candidate and get to know them. This goes for the companies they work with as well. It's refreshing to be apart of a company that is reputable and clearly the best choice when it comes to finding your next tech career.
Pros
base salary, raises based on performance, great training, happy hour, charity outreach, bi-annual trips to corporate in boston, young staff, excellent management, full benefits, 401k
Cons
long hours (but there is overtime)
Productive and fun work place!
Administrative Assistant/ Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2012
This is a great setting for young entry level professionals and there is plenty room for growth and advancement. Great company!