Jockey International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible Place To Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cooleemee, NCNovember 19, 2018
The environment is filled with health and safety hazards and no provided PPE. We had limited materials, not enough to complete our tasks efficiently. Pay raise was promised if one made production quota, but the quota was extremely unreasonable and impossible especially with the lack of working equipment. No help from the supervisors. When I had to ask where the materials were located, I had to wait for the supervisor to stop playing on her phone for about 10 minutes which took out of my production. In the building less used there is no air conditioning and even less materials to work with, the supervisor does nothing except threaten the workers. We were told untruthfully that the project was complete, so that we did not have to be compensated for overtime.
Pros
N/a - I made 1 friend.
Cons
No overtime, impossible quota, terrible working conditions
Unethical Management Practices
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 24, 2018
Management needs more training on Laws and Ethical Practices. Pay employees equally and be competitive since that is what they claim.

Hour allowance was so low that the Managers were forced to work more without more pay. Area Management told Store Management not to document even when related to Employee coaching.

Refusal by Corporate Leadership to follow policy in regards to Job Titles.
Cons
No breaks for day person because only one person working in the am.
Autonomous work environment
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 17, 2018
-strategic vision but did not always follow
-lacked top down communication across all channels of business
-flexibility/autonomy at the same time a lot of layers
Pros
autonomy
Cons
too many layers
Horrible management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 2, 2018
Horrible management and coworkers. High school mentality. Very immature. No backup from upper management when you are the assistant manager and they allow other staff to verbally abuse you.
Cons
Its a nice place to work if you enjoy selling
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 28, 2018
This company is alright to work for, I was promoted from within from an associate to a manager but there isn't much room for growth from there. The team of people you get to work with for the most part is pretty awesome all of my sales associates are amazing to work with. The hardest part of the whole job is just making sure you meet numbers that your corporate pushes you to make. A typical day there consists of constantly selling to all customers and possibly some stock working.
Pros
Great People to work with, flexible hours
Cons
Needs better pay
If you’re lazy, this is your place!!!
PT Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 26, 2018
SM doesn’t have power and is a puppet to corporate. She has no say in anything with employees. ASM is a joke. Overpaid associate.
Worked overtime to prepare for corporate visit for nothing. They “congratulated” you but didn’t want to promote or give raises.
Pretty much worked myself to the bone for nothing.
No bonuses. Pay is horrible.
Corporate doesn’t care about anyone. They give you false hope just to keep you there.
Jockey rarely fires anyone but loves to keep on lazy employees who have been with the company for 20+years due to “liabilities”.
Corporate is shady and likes to plot and scheme to try to sabotage you.
Corporate is useless and cannot help.
Pros
Easy work. Slow. Closed thanksgiving.
Cons
Low pay.
shipping and receiving clerk
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYJuly 10, 2018
unload trucks with a pallet jack, send material to various departments in the plant , keep inventory of materials on hand and notify when supplies need to be reordered, follow supervisors instructions on things needed on a daily base to be done
Good
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJune 17, 2018
I like working at Jockey. It is kind of slow during the week but the weekends it picks up. A lot of foreign guests which is cool. The hours are pretty flexible.
Very part-time job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester Center, VTMay 28, 2018
The position that I held at Jockey was very part time, working only one or two days a week to help unpack their stock shipments. I maintained and organized the stock room and assisted customers when necessary on the sales floor. Management was very friendly and helpful and assisted me when I came to them with questions.
was a great company but then they went down hill
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAApril 25, 2018
Work duties were sales, stoking, recovery, scheduling, training, problem solve, floor moves, open, close, register and etc.
loved my work but was not treated well by my supervisors.
Gave everything to my job and got nothing in return.
Area Manager, Regional Manager and H.R. does not return your calls . When I first started with the company they were great then about 5 years ago they started going down hill.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
Do not treat people fairly.
What you learned
Consumer Relations Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 23, 2018
I learned that "underwear emergencies" are real! Jockey's customers are very loyal and it is our job to give them royal customer service to match their loyalty! Sometimes, this calls for some very creative problem solving skills.
Good growth opportunities, high stress
Product Development (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 7, 2018
The working hours can be long a times and that comes with a lot of pressure. However, there is a lot of opprotunity to learn and grow along side some great talent.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
Long hours and high stress
Learning experience
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time with working at Jockey, I worked as a tax intern and spent most of my time working alone at a desk. I learned that I did not want to sit at a desk and work alone forever. Good company.
Finally Found my Dream Company
Retail Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 16, 2017
I recently moved from New York City to Wisconsin 2 years ago and with a degree in Fashion, I feared that I wouldn't find a job in my line of work that wasn't working in a retail store. I have known about Jockey my whole life as all the men in my life are loyal to their products, and when I found out their corporate office was in Wisconsin, I knew I just had to work there. After a rigorous and challenging (in a good way) round of interviews, I was in! It is a very different pace than NYC and I love it. It is still fast paced and always changing, all the retail world is, but I have a voice in a lot of the decisions that affect our stores on a daily basis. I am not micromanaged and I really get to take the reigns on my department and the business. The majority of the people that work here have been here 15+ years, and I got to be honest, there is nothing that I want more than to be one of those employee (still have 13 years to go). It is family owned and everyone I work with feels like family. We all have the same goals, to make all store employees and customers happy, and to grow and develop our business. Working with so many people that genuinely enjoy coming to work is very transparent to everyone that interacts with our company. The company has been around for 140 years, which is rare these days in retail, and I really can see why. I have finally found a happy place in my career and working for a DREAM company!
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 6, 2017
Store Manager is NOT A LEADER!! Poor management !! You will not grow with this company specially working under a store manager at this location! Store Manager only cares about herself and treat employees terrible! Don't work here!
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No weekends off
terrible management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAOctober 31, 2017
For what you have to do here, the pay isn't good. your expected to do conversions all day. sales is cut throat. you will take blame for the count of people who come in without buying anything. expect to work back to backs all the time with no weekends off.
This company is a joke!
ASM (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHOctober 23, 2017
This company only cares about making money. The product is not good enough to sell itself, because they make you push the customer into leaving, because they are sick of being rushed by associates. Every hour on the hour emails and calls from higher up, taking you from the sales floor where you are needed. They give individual sales goals, they divide a team into dog eat dog. Associates get minimum pay, because their sales goals are not even accountable. Managers get blamed for everything. Even if people only come in to look around and leave. Managers hear about what failures they are for letting sales walk out the door. Conversions and metrics are every hour, which is a joke. Corporate offices get the paper work at the end of the day, so not sure why it's so important to do every hour readings, and traffic counts. So, if you take a job here, get ready to lick some cracks, because that's what they expect of you.
Management poor
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, OHOctober 18, 2017
My store manager took all the credit for everyone's work. She never came in on off time to improve her store. I stayed back countless times and worked an extra 6 hrs without pay. Basically I was the store manager at times.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management hours pay accountability
Try to look for something else
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2017
Honestly when i was working there it was ok. My coworkers were pretty cool. Though some of us had conflicts, but in the end we made things right. Hours are hard to come by. Closing shifts were very slow. This is a job for someone who needs some extra cash on the side. Moving up was hard for me at least. The 2 things i can say good about this is that the management was flexible with scheduling and it was great meeting people from other places. The problem that i had was not enough hours and it was very very slow majority of the time.
Pros
Work/life balance, great management.
Cons
Not enough hours, slow traffic, no benefits for sales associates
Fair company
Robotics Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlisle kyAugust 21, 2017
This company has had to move operations overseas due to highly competitive marketplace. Great place to get experience in the workplace. Textiles are just can't profit when made in usa
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jockey International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss