Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Joe’s crab shack
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJAugust 17, 2018
When I worked for the company they were on the verge of going bankrupt and we’re closing different stores every week without any notice to those employees there.
Productive place
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJAugust 16, 2018
Typical restaurant job , serve tables to the best of your ability ,give hospitality ,work environment is very friendly . Just be ready to crack crabs.
Cons
short breaks
nice place to eat
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 13, 2018
hot enviroment, sometimes very stressfull, learned how to cook some seafood...people enjoy working there as a servers, it gets nasty when they put you on dishwasher machine..
Good money. Bad work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
Joe's Crab Shack in Daytona Beach is very fast-paced and if you hustle the money is great! However it is one of the most chaotic and unorganized restaurant I have ever worked at. There is no structure, teamwork, or leadership. The employees run around fighting and screaming at each other and the kitchen is a complete disaster. There is an incredibly large amount of drama allowed between employees and a lot of unfair favoritism. Most of the managers are great but there are a select few that are very unprofessional and talk down to employees and belittle them in public. It is a very negative environment but if you can just ignore it and solely focus on your tables, your side work, and keep to yourself you can make good money.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Negative environment
Fun work place
server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2018
It was one of the most fun jobs I have ever worked the Tulsa location was just to slow for me and now it doesn't even exist. I loved working at the location in Louisville KY it was a fasted place location with a great management staff I would recommend the Louisville location.
Pros
fun work place, great staff, the management is amazing
Cons
late nights, not a lot of time for personal life
Not a good place to work if you need steady income
Management Trainee/Server (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 9, 2018
I have to say I spent 5 years at Joe's and I can honestly say the GM is killing the place. He has a bad temper and takes it out on everyone. He is stressed easily and yells a lot. I enjoyed the customers for the most part. There is a lot of misjudgment with guests and their complaints. I know the customer is always right but there is a fine line with that in the restaurant business.
If the GM treated his management and employees better and fixed many issues with the kitchen staff I feel Joe's could be a great place to work.
Pros
Half priced seafood.
Cons
Terrible Manager
different in every location
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
different in every location. management was not in control in my location. staff did whatever they wanted. However, since Landrys took over, things have gotten better. Unfortunately, my location was hurting due to management issues.
Pros
great discount program
benefits
Good job for a student
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 7, 2018
Part time work is good, fun environment, discounted meals, busy weekends but slow weekdays call for little tip share, as a hostess I got paid tipshare + $5/hr
Amazing Job while in School
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2018
Great job for someone in school trying to better their career! I would highly recommend this company that works around your school schedule! Great tips!
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Late weekend nights
good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 6, 2018
nice people and they helped with self business. i would get 11 hours shifts. i didn't get that much breaks. the coworkers and customers were all friendly.
slow paced but productive workplace
Host and Busser (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2018
i enjoyed working there with the people and my manger was understanding. however it was slow & not much to do at times which caused a slow stressful day at work.
Pros
feee time to do you side work
Cons
so slow that you have nothing to do
Hated it
Hostess and Brand Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2018
Management was awful and never seemed to advance anyone, the pay was not at all enough to pay for cost of living in the area and be able to attend school, there was just nothing good about working there.
very fast paced and fun.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 27, 2018
what made Joes crab shack a great place to work wasn't the money or the discounts, but the people that i worked for actually cared about how i was doing on a daily basis. the management team would go above and beyond what they were obligated to do just for their employees. the only hard part about working there is that, if you're not used to working fast and efficiently then it will not be a good time there. but the people that you work for and work with make the time there fly by and worth the time spent.
Very awesome place to work and the food is great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 25, 2018
Magna Joe's Crab Shack two thumbs up because they are wonderful place to work very laid back and understandable I mean hard-working people you have a moment
Pros
Cons
We got a brakes just spending time you want it you know and if you're real busy
Very fun and interesting place
Host (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NY 11729July 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working here... I'm sad things turned out the way it did! But i dont regret anything! I hope the placed stayed a little longer maybe it couldve been better.
Coworkers are the only reason to stay.
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2018
Management does not advocate for employees and often break the law in order to have their needs filled. The employees as well as the physical building is neglected. Shifts are often chaotic because of poor management.
Pros
tips
Great people to work with but pay is terrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 19, 2018
The work environement is great. The people that work there are awesome, even management. The pay was terrible. I made 2.13 an hour + tips and I barely made enough to take care of myself.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible pay
A fun learning work environment.
General Manager immediately following training (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 18, 2018
A very good work experience. This is a very passionate group, well aligned in its goals and focused on high standards. A strong level of accountability.
Job was Fun but Management was terrible
Sugar Land - Culinary Seafood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 14, 2018
Very fun, upbeat place to work. Made lots of life long friendships.

The management was horrendous. I have never had worse. Long hours, no breaks, and if you worked hard you were 99% always overlooked yet depended on.
Seafood!!
Senior Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
Joe's was a good concept and family friendly but the location wasn't very good so in turn the business just wasn't there. The quality of food was good and the staff was pretty good as well.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Bad location