Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

Has potential, Not worth it.
Server (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 13, 2017
Overall the staff that I worked with were fun people. However, there were many that just did not do their jobs the way that they should which made the job stressful and not worth your time. The managers were good people but did not know how to handle situations in a effective manner with their employees They did not take action to make sure that things were getting done correctly and did not appreciate the employees that did their job well. The hours were straight up ridiculous. They were always overstaffed and refused to cut servers so that you would be working long hours but not be making any money. The tip-share was extremely high and the tips from most guests were just awful; even to the servers with excellent service- restaurant overall did not attract a good crowd of people.
Pros
Willing to work with you if you have other jobs/obligations
Great Place to Work
Host (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Joe's. The people were great and fun to hang around. The only problem was that I wasn't given hours so my money was affected, but other than that, it was a great place to work.
Decent place to work.
Flex Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2017
Joe's was a pretty good place to work, as that's where I was able to advance into management. I obtained a lot of knowledge there, which will help me in the future. I would still be there if the restaurant didn't get closed.
Very convenient
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2017
Very convenient when going through. Very fun. Very fast speed needed. Helps employee get used to maintain excellent customer service. At times can be overwhelming but with time you're a pro!
fast past work environment with the potential to make great money
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day at Joes would consist of greeting tables, refilling their beverages, taking their order, keeping guest happy, and making sure they are 100% satisfied. Once finished, drop off the check and wait for guest to present debit/credit card.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
short breaks
poor managment
MANAGER/SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
I would not recommend joes to anyone the management is very poor they feel as they can treat you anyway they want because you work for them the clientele is not what I would hope for in a job.
Fun work place with fun employees and customers
Server (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 28, 2017
Joe's Crab Shack is a fun and exciting place to work. It is a rewarding job that brings people that come into the restaurant joy, whether they are coming in to celebrate a birthday or an anniversary or just to enjoy some crab everyone there has a good time.
This is a national chain with many employees and extravagant demands on managers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2017
Joe's Crab Shack was a learning experience. I learned that a General Manger should not hire a bunch of managers with General Manager experience for regular manager positions.
Pros
Cons
high manager turnover
Fast Work Pace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Fill drink orders accurately and timely operate the cash register and serve food maintain an inventory of liquor, mixes, and other bar supplies ensure minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages
Good atmosphere, poor work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 25, 2017
Slow in winter, busy in summer. Had to teach yourself most things in order to excel. Management was typically friendly. Upper management could be less so. Had to work at least 55 hours a week. Restaurant itself has great atmosphere. Very laid back casual feel. Company came out with new menu at least 1x, and revisions multiple times, yearly. No consistent promotions annually.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, Casual/relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, lack of consistency, poor training

Want to know more about Joe's Crab Shack?

Ask a question
Lots of fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
Fun atmosphere. Parties. Dancing. Cleaning. Answering calls. Busing tables. Hosting. Serving. Drinks. Food running. Lots of awesome people. Would definitely work there again.
my duty cooking seafood
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
everything as it suppose to be.
i am very easily to get along with others
no hardly part about this job
i really enjoyed learning new thing to cook seafood.
new things to learn with friendly people
line cook (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 21, 2017
every day i learned a new meal to cook weather it was on our menu or not. a lot of culinary training. very divers people and friendly, managers and co-workers willing to help and train
You will have a good outgoing worker
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Im willing to workvery hard and be very dependable worker if hired im ready anytime avaible on time and willing to work over time work on my days off thank you
Pros
Good working place
Cons
Shortbreak
fast paced and stressful
Host / Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 20, 2017
a day would start by seating customers and making sure they were properly accommodated. they wasn't anything too difficult about working here sometimes it was just too crowded and stressful that is about as difficult as it got. The fun part about working there was singing happy birthday to customers and watching them smile. I learned how to host and prepare food.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Loved this job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 15, 2017
I was a hostess and the job was decently easy, when it got really busy it was really fun to keep up with the pace, and getting split tips with the servers really made it worth the time and effort you put into the job.
Pros
Food and gift shop discount, tip share
Joes crab shak review
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I did not enjoy working here, the costumers are very mean and rude and the management does not take the staff seriously or treat them fairly. I bartended for more than a year here and served at the same time.
A lot of stores closed down
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Crafton, PA 15205September 14, 2017
Just keep in mind that they closed a bunch of stores with no notice to the employees. If I still worked for them when that happened, it would have been devastating.
Fun, fast-paced job
Server / Host (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2017
At times stressful when it was busy, I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and camaraderie with my co-workers. Management was helpful and always available to the servers and guests. I learned how to balance my time and more effectively multi-task.
restaurant with poor management
Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2017
working in a restaurant with poor management is very stressful and can be the hardest thing about the job. the workplace was just not the right environment that should come with a restaurant like that and the hardest part about the job is the environment of the co workers environment change because of the lack of management.
Pros
free food
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe's Crab Shack. Our community is ready to answer.