John B. Sanfilippo Employee Reviews

Hostile environment.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Gustine, CASeptember 14, 2018
Not a lot opportunities to grow . Hostile environment, discrimination and a lot of favoritism.
Low wages... not enough training, bad acctitud by management.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Low wages
Fast
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 22, 2018
Fast past you have to pay attention good leads to help yu if you need held I was a line worker and then I started working in the warehouse house it’s a bad paying job
Pros
Money
Cons
Training
I wouldn’t recommend the job to anyone
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 23, 2018
The job is very fact past so they care more about their products then their employees..it’s a lot for bias there also..they works you like a slave for lil pay
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lunch rooms wasn’t clean or restrooms
Waste of life and favoritism
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 21, 2018
This particular location in elgin illinois is basically working as robots, they make people start at 3 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon mandatory, Saturdays are mandatory as well. They don't promote within they rather bring lazy people w/o experience and train them instead of giving the chance to full time employees, supervisors are clowns they only care about their bonuses not to mention of someone in the plant drops a sack of nuts the bonuses for the entire plant are gone. But if you share an idea only the person with the idea gets 20 dlrs...a gift card from wal mart one of their costumers. And finally they don't care for employees they have the temp agency inside the building so if they fire you or you leave is basically ...next person please would not recommend this nasty place to anyone.
Cons
It's a friendly place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAFebruary 25, 2018
I like working at John B San Filippo cuz it have great benefits is a friendly place to work and my coworkers are awesome people to work around and I just love it.
Very poorly managed and no one cares about safety.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 4, 2017
Worked there for four years. Under three different managers and five supervisors. Got injured and took them hour to take me to hospital which is right across the street. All this company cares about is their profits.
Pros
Easily hired on
Cons
Treat you bad because they don't care
Relaxed and laid back atmosphere
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garysburg, NCOctober 4, 2017
I really love my job here. No room for advancement though and I do have some issues with the way my supervisor talks to and treat people. I think the compensation and benefits are great for this area. This company is a great company to work for. I have mixed feelings on actually leaving but I feel it's about time for a change and looking to relocate.
Pros
Laidback atmosphere
Cons
No room for advancement
Big place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge,GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2017
It is an okay place to work at .I honestly can not tell you to much about working here. I feel it is an okay place to work and that the salary is not to bad as well,but they could treat employees a little better than they do here.
Great Environment and great employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 23, 2017
I had a great time working with John B Sanfilippo and Sons. The people were great, and the task was relatively simple. There was great communication between the other departments to get the job at hand done efficiently.
Pros
Great Work environment
Cons
Smell like peanuts after work
Packing Warehouse Heavy machinery
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Garysburg, NCAugust 29, 2017
Like any other job it's not so easy when you start off. I recommended the pay could have been better knowing you risking your life with Snakes,Rats and etc... For only 7.25 a week I say to myself I deserve better.
Worse place I have worked at.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Gustine, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Hard work for low pay. Raises are once a year only a few cents. They expect you do more than your pay rate. Lot of time off. When it is busy expect 50 to 60 hours 6 days a week.
Pros
A job
Cons
Pay
Only good thing is the game room
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 1, 2016
I've never been more dissapointed at the lack of morals of some people since starting in this company. Many unethical practices, such as only giving privileges and raises to certain people and not others. Beware of senior management!! They don't want you to suceed and many will gladly throw you under the bus in order to save themselves. For example, they fired someone who had been working here for more than 10 years and gave this person 10 minutes to pack up and leave. Truly a terrible experience and I hope this place gets a union SOON.
Pros
401K matchup, pool room
Cons
No balance, no respect from management
failing company continues to head in wrong direction
did whatever i was told to (Former Employee) –  Elgin, IllinoisApril 7, 2015
This company has serious issues. They have an unusually high turn around rate of employees most noticeable is their human resource manager production manager and supervisors positions. This should be a huge red flag to the corporate level decision makers yet the saga continues. Temporary agency on site allowed to hire virtually anyone yes youve guessed it because even the temp agency will be replaced! No job specific SOPs. Advancement is based on who your dating or married to reguardless of your credentials to do the job or lack thereof. Employee are praised for increasing the companys bottom dollar with a simple $20 giftcard and weekends are forced depending on companies needs regardless of your family time yet the company claims the employee IS their family. Yearly training on HACCP AND GMP where tom schmalls gives the answer oblivious to wether the employees really understand the subject matter or not. JUST PRESS NUMBER 2!!!!! LOL This company is sure to fail as soon as the owner croaks and jasper jr. and jeffery are left to bicker.
Pros
unhealthy leftovers sold at fisher grill
Cons
kaisen and 5S programs instituted but not encouraged
Bad Communication
Retail Store Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 11, 2014
There were no place for me to move up in this company, bad communication with me and managers there.
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Communication, moving up
love the christmas party
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXSeptember 4, 2013
a typical day at work was scaleing in the truck.learned shiping& receiving.co-workers where great.The hardest part of the job was loading&unloading containers.the most enjoyable part of the job was operating the forklift.
work environment was always pleasent and management seemed to care about their employees
Machine Operator , material handler  (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 2, 2013
the more things you could learn to do the better because you never stayed doing the same thing day after day . co workers were mostly helpful . Hardest part of the job was the heat in the summer but you get used to it sometimes . the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of doing your job correctly and effeciently
Pros
most of the work was very well organized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John B. Sanfilippo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4